Having looked around for any good news on Newcastle, we are again unable to find any good stuff, so we’ll take another positive look forward.
Shearer at the final whistle at Villa Park -that’s Guthrie not too happy too
While Mike Ashley dabbles again in selling the club Newcastle, the club continues to burn, and as Alan Shearer said may days ago – with every day gone another room burns – so we’ve lost plenty of rooms since relegation – in fact 12 to be exact.
And one thing that really is rather alarming, is after the club was managed terribly at the higher levels during the season, with mistakes galore being made – not much seems to have changed in the last 2 weeks.
Mike has managed to put a stranglehold on the club so nothing can move forward, and that takes some doing but Mike managed that in one single move last Saturday night, by putting the club up for sale.
Let’s take a look forward over the summer and see what good may come out of it.
- Alan Shearer signs a contract for 5 years as Newcastle manager and is joined by Dowie, Carver and Rob Lee.
- Season tickets sales – at a lower price – are sold out within days
- Newcastle formally announce the contracts of Owen, Viduka and Cacapa will not be renewed
- The following players are immediately put up for sale
- Enrique, Coloccini, Geremi, Smith, Gutierrez, Barton, Xisco, Martins
- Shearer announces that Bassong and Lovenkrands have signed new contracts at the club
- Both give intereviews saying they are excited about the challenge next season
- Shearer immediately announces he has signed the following players
- Danny Sinmpson (Man United), Bradley Orr (Bristol City), David Wheater (Middlesbrough) to shore up the defense
- Shearer announces a loan deal has been agreed with Spurs to bring in 19 year old Chris Gunter for the season
- Manager after discussions with Richard Money says that Krul, Forster, Kadar, Vuckic, Tozer, Ranger, LuaLaa and Inman will all get their chance next season
- Several top Championship players announce they would be interested in joining Newcastle United
- Several Championship Club managers say Newcastle will be the Manchester United of the Championship (apologies for that one!)
- An Arab consortium eventually buys Newwcastle for just £90M, and says it will invest heavily to make Newcastle great again
We could go on – but you get our drift.
If just some of those things happened above, we’d be in a lot better spirits than most of us are right now.
But make no mistake, the removal of the log-jam at the club will only come when Alan Shearer is announced manager – and then real excitement and opportunity will replace the gloom and doom.
We hope so anyway. 😀