Newcastle Season Ticket Renewals To Be Mailed Next Week

The top local Newcastle fans’ web-site nufc.com is reporting this morning that Newcastle season tickets will be sent out by mail next week.

nufc-crest4

The web site has been going since 1993, and they are usually spot on with their news, since they seem to have inside contacts at the club.

The web-site is reporting the 2009/2010 season ticket renewal packages are being prepared by the club, and will be mailed out at the end of next week – June 12th.

The site is also reporting that no additional price cuts have been implemented that reflect the fans will be watching Championship teams and not the Manchester United and Arsenals of this world.

Since there will be 23 games at home in the Championship rather than the 19 games played in the Premier League, that would mean a reduction per game of  around 82% – if our maths is correct.

We’ll quote the information nufc.com is putting out on this:

The club previously announced that the qualification age for concessionary ticket price rates would rise from 16 to 18, premium seating areas would be subject to smaller % decreases and prices would be frozen in Platinum areas.

Fans who bought a three year ticket and paid up front got 2008/09 at a 20% reduction and will receive 10% discount on 2009/10 prices.

Those who went for the direct debit payment got 10% off 2008/09 and while they will pay the new standard rate for 2009/10, they will continue to pay by direct debit in 10 interest free monthly instalments (2009/10 ST holders won’t have that option).

We’re not sure that the mailing of the season ticket renewals means too much as to the situation with the financial vetting going on at the club. We expect this is a given in their plans, and at most it says this has been accepted by Barclay’s bankers.

• Rangerman

Jun 6, 2009 at 10:25 AM

Life goes on as they say and these things need to be sent out, I don’t even know what I’ve done wit last seasons card as I just presumed I’d get a new one this year.

• nzedtoonman

Jun 6, 2009 at 10:41 AM

yeah its funny isn’t it Cardiff away on a january night is not the same as Man U at The theatre of wet dreams . Does anyone think we will really get 52, 387 fans filling SJP now , and that our season tickets will all be sold ooot instead of spending on a new loonge suite or a holiday in Dubai . Me thinks that mebbeez some will drop out and wait to spend there moneys on season tickets when we are back in the premier HOWEVER long it kind of takes ……

• Rangerman

Jun 6, 2009 at 10:52 AM

The part timers will drift off only to come back if we start winning games under Shearer.

• Rangerman

Jun 6, 2009 at 10:53 AM

They will come back singing how they are the loyalist football supporters even though they had been shopping with their other half around Eldon Square while the match was on earlier in the season.

• Toon Graeme

Jun 6, 2009 at 11:18 AM

I just spoke to the box office who confirmed this (I had another qry about me half season ticket).

So I wait for the renewal delivered from postman pat.

• murvar

Jun 6, 2009 at 11:23 AM

82% of what?? I don’t think your math is correct, Ed! However, in reply to Rangerman and others who seem prepared to give blind support to the club no matter what humiliations it heaps upon us, I am thinking of not renewing after 34 years of support, and about 15 as a season ticket holder. In my case that means I spend about £1500 a year on 3 tickets. I have supported the club when only about 14000 others used to come to games with me, so a losing team hasn’t put me off; what is different this time is that we have an ownership and a set of players who, in the main, do not share the loyalty of the fans towards the club. And if Shearer is after £3m a year, as reported, I am very disappointed in him too. I think he should have waived any wages (apart from what he had lost at the BBC) for taking us down, and that he should be setting an example to the players who remain by taking a pay cut if he stays. How else can we object to what is going on other than by withdrawing our cash? It’s the only language Ashley and some others seem to understand.

• Toon Graeme

Jun 6, 2009 at 11:40 AM

I would take shearers reported wage demands with a pinch of salt.

It depends which paper you read really!

• Jezza

Jun 6, 2009 at 11:49 AM

I’m sure Ashley’s desperately trying to get the season ticket renewals out ASAP while the specualtion over Shearer getting the job, and his prospective transfer targets is still doing the rounds.

Let’s face it NUFC are not going to sell very many season tickets once Fat Joe is re-appointed, with little or no funds for players and the likes of Bassong and Steven Taylor have been sold.

• Monkeyspantry

Jun 6, 2009 at 12:08 PM

I’m in total agreement with Murvar,they’re asking for £515 off in me in one payment to watch 2nd division football. Somebody said to me the other week 2 days after we went down, Whats the worst case scenario which would make you even consider not renewing? My response: Fast forward 2 weeks,Shearer isn’t the manager,Ashley decides to sell plunging us further into instability and they’re asking for exactly the same money from me to renew my season ticket.Apocolypse button engage.Can you believe the brass neck of Ashley? Yes i can,history tells it’s own tale.Somebody said on one of these threads the other week in refernce to the ‘Cockney Mafia Out’ banner being unfurled, “Ashley is rich enough to ruin the Toon for fun after this”,i’m seriously starting to entertain this possibility after the latest news.Rangerman,it’s absolutely nothing to do with your ‘loyalist football supporter crack’ and everything to do with being uber-shafted by a set of unscrupulous and/or deluded charlatans once to many times.I am renewing,the ONLY reason for this is my brother is tied into the 3 season deal nd i don’t want to let him down.What this means to me in real life is living on beans on toast for at least a month,i’m not rich by any means,clearly.So when i hear of these storys being put out about Ashley only being multi-millionaire i’m not crying into my caviar on my private helicopter.For context i earn an above average wage,i pay my way myself,live on my own and even now struggle to square the circle financially at the end of the month without having to pull out for the season ticket.What about people who earn less? They’re expected to take food out of their bairns mouths to be shafted by these ‘people’? Proper loyal people to a man and woman,waking up to the possibilty of what amounts to no more than a Faustian pact.Damned if you do damned if you don’t.I’m going to be full of hell on the first day of the season in the Gallowgate,initial optimism has receded exponentially on a second by second basis due to the continued mismnagement of Ashley and his cronys.We can’t even resort to Ashley Out,he’s going.I tell you this i will never,ever buy another thing from any of his company’s or for that matter any company he’s even brished past when he’s doing his rounds in the dead of night,unfortunatly that clearly means Greggs,by the look of him he’s been swimming in the skip round the back of the Bargain Bakery on Wesgate Hill.RIP The Steak Bake.

• Spoonman

Jun 6, 2009 at 12:09 PM

How can any owner justify a freeze in ticket prices even when the club goes down?

You also have to take into account that our season tickets were amongst the most expensive in the premiership last year (and certainly the least value for money).

• bettyswollocks

Jun 6, 2009 at 12:13 PM

aye but spoonman you’ve got to consider we get 4 extra games this season. and the bonus of friday night footy. what more do you want lol

• simon376

Jun 6, 2009 at 12:57 PM

What really sickens me is what I’ve been told by a mate who is a Sunderland season ticket holder (don’t shoot me for this, he’s canny really, just lack of taste) when I told him ho much I pay, £598 he said he gets two for them at £300 a go and he’s in an alright seat. When we are paying that much to watch poor teams (us included) how come EPL clubs can charge smaller amounts?

• TheDan

Jun 6, 2009 at 1:18 PM

I’m still going to renew, does anybody know how much they will be for the leazes for under 18’s just where I sit is absolutely dead!

• Toon Graeme

Jun 6, 2009 at 1:21 PM

Let the price back lash begin – I can see a mass amount not rnwnig on the basis that we are being charged premier league prices for championship football.

Dont start the cost of ticket vs support debate.

We are in effect paying for highly over paid footie stars who GOT the team relegated as they collectively were Sh*T.

• Monkeyspantry

Jun 6, 2009 at 2:11 PM

Exactly Toon Greame,once again it’s the support who is expected to carry the can.It’s got not a thing to do with loyalty.Simon,same goes a good pal of mine is a Mackem,they pay relatively not much,we will be paying much more to watch 2nd division football.A bairn at Sunderland can get a season ticket for £19 with a full paying adult.£19!!!! Say what you like about them not being able to fill their ground,the point is they don’t have to do it,we won’t be able to fill our ground next season,yet they’ve made a decision to go even further to the darkside. If you’re on FB get yourselves in this http://www.facebook.com/inbox/readmessage.php?t=1015380082101&f=1&e=0#/group.php?gid=33558482027&ref=nf and buy nowt from Ashley,for me it feels like he’s ruining the club on purpose,the very least we can do is run his ’empire’ out of The Toon in return.I’ve been on to the NUSC this morning about a statement to this effect,will keep you posted if anything comes of it.Keep the faith.

• Tom_Toon