Singapore Profitable Group Officially Confirm Newcastle Interest

The Singapore Profitable Group have today confirmed officially their interest in acquiring Newcastle United – so yesterday’s report in the Evening Chronicle was indeed accurate – even though it still seems too true to believe – it’s true!

profitable-group

This is what the Profitable Group put on their web site today, June 10th.

The Profitable Group can confirm that it has expressed an initial interest in acquiring Newcastle United. A preliminary discussion with the representatives appointed to handle the sale of the club has been held.

But contrary to some reports no direct talks have been held with either the Owner, Mike Ashley, or the Chairman, Derek Lambias.

The Group consider the leaking of The Group’s interest in this matter unfortunate, and as supporters of Newcastle United seek only to serve in the best interests of the club, the fans and the local community.

The Group will not be making any further comment at the present time.

So it certainly seems like things are hotting up with Freddy Shepherd said to be meeting in London today with Keith Harris, as Freddy is fronting another bid with funds being provided from the Middle East, or so  the reports suggest.

The Evening Chronicle also reported that on Monday afternoon, when Shearer returned from Portugal, Freddy and Alan huddled in Jesmond for secret talks, so it’s obvious now that at least two groups want Alan as manager.

What we need now is for some arrangement whereby Alan can start managing the club now, and start doing some real work for next season, such as trying to convince Seb Bassong that his future lies on Tyneside.

Alan could also start recruiting some of the targets he laid out for Mike Ashley two weeks ago, and start bringing in some of the new players who will form the foundation for our squad next season.

We have to believe they will have the club at heart, unlike a certain squad we will not even mention.

• Zangwill_Ho

Jun 10, 2009 at 8:29 PM

yes it is true, I am Hong Kong fans, my singapore friend called me and told me it was true!!!

• Steve R

Jun 10, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Well, some news is most definitely better than no news. I think we are going to have an exodus of biblical proportions this summer and somehow i am not even sure that Harper and Duff will be at the club next season.

Ah we can only hope that the transfer of ownership of the club, takes place quickly and smoothly.

• Zangwill_Ho

Jun 10, 2009 at 8:34 PM

Steve R
    Yup, hope martins would stay, too

• Toon Graeme

Jun 10, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Nice Bullet by lampard. 2 – 0

Ed, you watching England match over there n the states?

• Tom

Jun 10, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Martins is on far too much money, he can go. I’d be more interested in holding onto people like Bassong and possibly Jonas as well.

Hopefully any bid wil accelerate shortly, and if they want a manager in (e.g. Shearer) then they can get them installed prior to the takeover, as part of the deal.

• ObaFan2

Jun 10, 2009 at 8:47 PM

It’s official, Lambias and his boss are total jerks!

• Toon Graeme

Jun 10, 2009 at 8:52 PM

Obafan2 – Ive just put something along those lines on me facebook status – it did include the words ‘fat tw*t’ and Ashley.

• Toon Graeme

Jun 10, 2009 at 8:53 PM

Rooney 3 – lovely goal!

• CcB

Jun 10, 2009 at 8:54 PM

So there is hope…

• Toon1978

Jun 10, 2009 at 8:54 PM

Bassong must stay at NUFC. The longer this crap continues the more likely he will leave. The team should be built around Bassong.

• Stuart79

Jun 10, 2009 at 8:58 PM

I think that relegation will be the best thing that has ever happened to us!

It’s painfull now but I think we will look back and say that was when it all turned round.

We will be be bought by someone with ambition for our club and someone who realises that you have to invest in the team.

Shearer will be the manager and I really believe that he will lead us to a more successful era.

He will need money to soend and I think he’ll get it!

• ObaFan2

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:01 PM

TG, I used the word “jerk” because it is an accepteble American word I believe and not swearing 🙂 believe me I’d like to use much much worse!

• MrNash

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:01 PM

#5

Hey tom, i was very optomistic when jonas came, his debut at man u was excellent. rest of the season he was running around like a headless chicken with no end product. ok he was out for a while with that broken collarbone but still no goals, no killer passes. get rid 2.5 mil i reckon we wil get. put it towards a double bid for the hunt brothers at reading.

• Toon_Factor

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:05 PM

Can someone tell me how much this Singapore Profitable Group are worth??

• Rangerman

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:06 PM

Why did they lie about having a meeting with Ashley and Llambias?

Seems like they’ve only registered an interest after Llambias said they’ve had no contact with them, makes you wonder if they are happy to register an interest so that the free publicity they were getting doesn’t disappear.

• Toon Graeme

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:07 PM

Obafan2 – I dont think anyone will mind if you used the odd naughty word – christ plenty of we have over the past few weeks. 🙂

• Toon1978

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:10 PM

Rangerman

Profitable spoke to that Harris bloke. I think there was a cross of wires i don’t think any lies were told tbh.

• AndyT

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:12 PM

This could be great news! But seriously, I would favor getting anybody in right now, even Shepherd. Just anybody but Ashley! PLEASE!!!

• Rangerman

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:12 PM

Surely Harris would notify the club if anyone had registered any sort of serious interest?

This lot won’t buy us, it’s a publicity stunt IMO.

• valle

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:13 PM

I have heard about this group for 3 days now and all along we have been told that they would run us in a Barca like fan trust… What the &%#¤ does that mean… Please!!!… Anyone?… I would really like to read up on this matter, but i cant find anything in depth on google. Best i can find is that its a democratic way of running the club where fans can vote and have a say on club matters.

• AndyT

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:14 PM

I don’t recall anything about them actually talking to Ashley & Llambias, just that they were preparing a package.

• Toon1978

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:14 PM

Rangerman

My mate said the same as you today, he thinks that Profitable are using this as fre publicity, i really hope they wouldn’t stoop that low.

• Stuart79

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:14 PM

Toon_Factor // Jun 10, 2009 at 9:05 PM

Can someone tell me how much this Singapore Profitable Group are worth??

Nobody knows.

Their made up of a large number of wealthy investors/members. The group invest their mony in things which they believe will return a profit.

• OHurley

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:15 PM

So FFS is backed by middle eastern money? What kind of a scam is he running this time?

• Toon Graeme

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:15 PM

I notice the story was on SSN Championship (still hate that word) banner last night then gone this morning.

Anyway – A funny story for ya. Just been txt from a mate who has gone to see Oasis at the stadium of sh*te and one of the lads he was going with was refused entry for taking a pi$$ on the entrance.

Not that I condone such behavoir ( i do secretly 🙂 ) – but made me laugh. Bet he is gutted to miss the concert – what a tool!

• ObaFan2

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:16 PM

Glen johnson and Rooney are running the show.

• AndyT

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:16 PM

valle,
    basically, fans would be open to buy shares in the club, and would basically earn having a say in the club by having very partial ownership of the club. That’s basically what that means. Anybody with the money can be open to invest in NUFC and have a say in matters.

• OHurley

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Stuart-

Sounds like theyt have a plan for nufc, then. Let’s just hope that plan consists of getting (and keeping) us in the premier league.

• Rangerman

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:17 PM

…….

It’s the fake Sheik from the news of the world that had him and Hall in the brothel last time.

He hasn’t twigged on yet.

• Stuart79

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:18 PM

Rangerman

For once I agree with you.

This is good publicity for them.

I maintain we will be bought by a middle eastern consortium. They have the money and they don’t fck about when they do deals.

• Rangerman

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:19 PM

What a tit Jimmy Greaves is.

• OHurley

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:19 PM

Andy-

That sounds like a helluva plan. I hope that this brings in a much more successful chapter in newcastle history.

• hitman

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:20 PM

haway stardust come and comment, we miss your always right attitude.

• RyanToon

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:21 PM

omfg latest score italy 3-3 new zealand i need italy for a line on the coupon!!!!!!!!!

• Stuart79

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:21 PM

hitman // Jun 10, 2009 at 9:20 PM

haway stardust come and comment, we miss your always right attitude.

I don’t!

• Rangerman

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:23 PM

OHurley – Sir John Hall tried it in the past before floating the club as a PLC and there was very little interest, I don’t think many fans will be won’t to put money into the club like that.

£1,500 last time iirc.

• AndyT

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:24 PM

OHurley, it would definitely be a nice change of pace from the crap we’ve endured with our past few chairmen. I live in the states, but I would definitely put whatever little bit I could into the club.

• RyanToon

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:24 PM

4-3 italy iaquinta! 😉

trouble is just realised i put in portugal who are nearly finished with estonia currently 0-0! grr ffs lol

• AndyT

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:25 PM

Good point Rangerman. I doubt too many fans would actually be able to put too much into the club, especially right now!

• bowburnmag

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:26 PM

The ‘publicity stunt’ angle is the most likely but to be fair communications have been that poor, it wouldn’t surprise me if they hadn’t found out from Harris about a bid. OK, that’s stretching it a bit but the organisation is generally so amateur who knows?