Newcastle Target Fraizer Campbell Looks The Part for England

It certainly seems that Newcastle United with Alan Shearer as manager will still be a huge draw for players in the summer.

fraizer campbell 123

Fraizer Campbell – can also play in snow – ready to join Newcastle?

As we mentioned a week or so ago Manchester United’s 21 year old striker Fraizer Campbell has reiterated he has not made a decision yet on his future, and will not do so until the European U21 Championships are completed.

England have a game on Monday night against Germany, and then the semi-finals this coming Friday, and if they make it  through to the final, it will be the following week. Hull City are trying to sign the player, and presumably have had a bid accepted by the Red Devils, but Fraizer is said to favor a move to Newcastle United, and Alan Shearer.

With Fraizer delaying on a decision that gives Newcastle a little time to get their house in order, and that ultimately means having Ashley leave Toon, and have someone come in with more sense to start running the club.

And there’s even a possibility that Alan Shearer could be manager by then too, but we’ll have to take this slowly, we cannot have too many good news stories coming in at once – the old ticker may not be able to take it.

Hull City are after Fraizer, and even Michael Owen, but we think Campbell isn’t too interested in joining Hull now, and would jump at the chance of coming to Newcastle, especially if  Alan Shearer is appointed manager.

Campbell spent most of the 2007/2008 season on loan at the KC Stadium, and scored an impressive 15 goals for them, so it’s not surprising Hull are very keen on the lad.

Campbell said recently:

“I just want to play football here at the minute and concentrate on England’s tournament.”

“All that stuff can be sorted out when I’m done here and have had my holiday.” “I’ve decided that I’m just going to concentrate on England’s football.”

“It’s been a tough season for me, frustrating – I’ve not played a lot of games but I’m playing for England now and getting some minutes on the pitch,”

“Hopefully I can get some more and it’ll be a good end to the season.”

England play Germany tomorrow at Halmstad with a 7:45 pm kick off, but they have already qualified for the semi-finals with a 2-1 win against Finland, and a briilliant 2-0 win against the highly fancied Spanish side.

The 21-year-old has won a place in Stuart Pearce’s squad this term, and very effective substitute roles in victories against Finland and Spain, have only reinforced the England manager’s admiration for the young striker.

Stuart Pierce talekd about the 21 year-old budding star:

“He’s improving as an international player; in both matches he’s come on and made a major contribution,”

“His energy and commitment for the team cause is fantastic – he’s very unselfish. He’s been a major contributor to the U21 side but there’s more to come from him as a player, at this level and in general.”

“He’s got an eye for goal and a great attitude to football, he wants to learn and be better and everything I’ve asked of him he’s put into practice straight away.”

“He’s going in the right direction. His career’s going to improve and improve.”

Glowing words from the former Newcastle player indeed, and England must have a great shot at winning the European U21 Championship this year, after going so close two years ago against Holland, where the hero of that game, which Holland eventually won on penalties,  was Steven Taylor.

England have their strongest side out, and it’s a pity Steven Taylor couldn’t be there because of his injury.

Only a draw tomorrow night is required for England to win the group – a result which would also secure a semi-final berth for Germany, but England are determined to keep winning their games, and that’s a good attitude to have.

Campbell continued:

“This is a big game for us and we want to carry on doing well,” “It’s been a good tournament so far; I’ve come on in both games and we’ve won both.”

“The team’s been doing alright together but obviously we can do a lot better. We set high standards for ourselves and try to continue that in every game we play.”

“We weren’t great in the first game, we improved in parts in the second but there’s still a lot more to come. Hopefully we can peak at the right time and go all the way.”

Fraizer may cost as much as £6M, but if he continues to do well for England, then look for Alan to swoop for him in a week or two, once the tournament is over, and hopefully Alan has been installed as Newcastle manager.

We think Fraizer may be like Jermaine Beckford, and want to wait  for what Newcastle want to do first, before they make any other career moves.

It will be a big draw to both Fraizer and other young players, to join a famous club managed by one of England’s greatest-ever strikers.

Shearer was certainly the best striker ever to grace the Premier League with 261 Premier League  goals,  in his total haul of 422 career goals for both  club and country.

Nothing quite like letting your record speak for itself is there?     Wow. 😀

• shrews mag

Jun 21, 2009 at 6:36 PM

getting this young star would be a great shot in the arm for the club … someone with ability wants to play for the toon … roll on the new owner (whoever they are) and get this lad bought …

• belza09

Jun 21, 2009 at 7:04 PM

Really hope we can entice Fraizer – think even with hull in premiership new castle could look better longer term prospect – especially if Shearer (eventually) becomes manager. however Ferguson must be thinking Ronnie Gone, Tevez Gone and with Fraizers performance in the euro under 21’s may want to hold on to this kid……….

• shrews mag

Jun 21, 2009 at 7:12 PM

I think Fergie will buy a big name to keep the fans happy … this lad will be available to buy.

I agree that we must be a bigger pull than Hull … surely … but there may be others sniffing around. He did a good job at Hull in a pretty crap team … 15 goals … not bad … he’ll scoere a shed full in the fizzy

• Doocey

Jun 21, 2009 at 7:15 PM

Sure Ferguson has already said he’s selling Campbell…

• shrews mag

Jun 21, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Fraizer and Beckford up front … I could think of worse partnerships …

• Doocey

Jun 21, 2009 at 7:45 PM

Realistic Championship team? :

——-Harper————–
    Beye – S.Taylor – New signing – New signing
    New signing?/ Godsmark? – Nolan – Butt – Duff
    Martins(?!) — Carroll

• Tom

Jun 21, 2009 at 7:47 PM

Godsmark is out of contract and has been released. Offer Edgar a new deal and stick him in at centreback, or Kadar. Sell Nolan, because of his wages, and put Vuckic in there. Martins won’t/can’t stay, so put Ranger in there.

• Big Dave

Jun 21, 2009 at 7:55 PM

Doocey nice to see Oba in there i think he would tear the ccc apart. I think if AL is manager Oba will stay. and it would be nice to see young lua lua get a chance

• AndyNUFC

Jun 21, 2009 at 8:04 PM

I’ve heard Carver’s returning, and Beckford deal is in place for when Shearer is appointed.

• Big Dave

Jun 21, 2009 at 8:08 PM

AndyNUFC spill the beans mate where did you hear that

• ChrisToon1988

Jun 21, 2009 at 8:21 PM

I thought man u had accepted the bid from hull from frazier campbell??

• Rodzilla

Jun 21, 2009 at 8:22 PM

If all this tabloid ‘source’ ‘insider’ boll0cks is true, then we should snap this young lad up quick-sharp. As we should’ve snapped up obvious others in Pennant (Leeds), Johnson (West Ham), Lescott (Wolves), Jagielka (Blades) etc etc etc etc etc et-fkn cetera……

• Rodzilla

Jun 21, 2009 at 8:23 PM

ChrisToon1988

…they’ve ‘accepted’ it mate, but he’s apparently umming and arring. We can read “he wants to play for NUFC under Shearer” in that if we want

• AndyNUFC

Jun 21, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Ah no big source, just the general word going round. My dad’s close mate actually scouts for Davey Harris(on)? I think. Just saying though, nothing to do with what I said before lol.

• Rodzilla

Jun 21, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Andy, My Nana is the Managing Director of ‘International Pasties Inc.’ and she told me that Mike Ashley hates pies. His usual order is 3 sausage rolls (for a quid) and a custard tart.

• komfort

Jun 21, 2009 at 8:53 PM

rod ,i must say i appreciate a nice tart every now and again .. just until er indoors gits her pelvic floor sorted..

..it’s like hoying a sausage up northumberland sreet.

• Nick 69

Jun 21, 2009 at 8:57 PM

andy- i can pretty much confirm that carver is almost certainly going back if shearer is manager. my friend is carvers nephew and he picked him up from the airport a few weeks back when he officially moved back from toronto and he asked him there and then and he told him that it looked like he would join big al when/if he is appointed

• Rodzilla

Jun 21, 2009 at 9:09 PM

Nick 69, I could do with a lift from the airport next Wednesday if your friend’s uncle has a spare seat

• Big Dave

Jun 21, 2009 at 9:13 PM

Rod I think batty is going to pick up our FFFS on wednesday. you could try him mate

• Nick 69

Jun 21, 2009 at 9:16 PM

i dont think carver does taxi runs 2 the airport TBH, but i cud always get my mate 2 ask him!

• Rodzilla

Jun 21, 2009 at 9:20 PM

Dave, do you honestly think FFS will be our new owner? I don’t think he’s bright enough personally. Although I’ll call myself a cnt if I’m wrong.

• Stuart79

Jun 21, 2009 at 9:21 PM

Who gives a flying fck?

• Rodzilla

Jun 21, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Stuart, I’m sure Michael Owen could give a flying Fk in his fkn helicopter

• Rodzilla

Jun 21, 2009 at 9:27 PM

…which reminds me, I think it was yourself BTG, that posted the Michael Owen Arab Emirates helicopter flight link. 🙂 I couldn’t quite work out whether I should be pissing myself laughing, or just pissing myself with fear

• Big Dave

Jun 21, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Nick tbh i think if carver was available AS wouldn’t have brought big Iain in

• AndyNUFC

Jun 21, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Pfft, whenever you say you know a person who told you information you always get the comical genius who comes out with the line about knowing a ludicrous idea of a person who tells them a ridiculous story.

Anyway, if Carver is good enough for SBR, then he’s more than good enough for Shearer. Was Carver SBR’s assistant or just coach? Should he or Dowie take a coaching role? What do people think?

• Big Dave

Jun 21, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Rodzilla // Jun 21, 2009 at 9:20 PM

I just get a gut feeling that that will happen I think we are unfinished bussiness to him

• Toon_Factor

Jun 21, 2009 at 9:42 PM

By the way has anybody got the new Newcastle top? because it has the premierleague badge on it doesnt it.

• Shot Bru

Jun 21, 2009 at 9:51 PM

AndyNufc, to be honest i’m not for Shearer becoming our manager, however if he was i think Dowie shouldn’t be cnsidered his assistant. At the end of last season it seemed to me he had far to much to say on the sidelines and was constantly in Shearers ear, possibly confusing matters, especially tactically. The problem being is Dowie still thinks of himself as a manager and possibly finds it difficult to sit back and analyse the game and wait for the gaffer to ask for his opinion.

• Nick 69

Jun 21, 2009 at 9:57 PM

how is it a ludicrous idea that my friend is john carvers nephew u goon, i dont giv a flyin f***ck wether u believe me or not, my friends uncle is john carver FACT, wether anybody believes me or not will not change that fact, and by the way i didnt come out with that ‘lidicrous line’ after you said someone told youn something, i think you’ll find i posted the exact same thing about 3 weeks ago you tool!

and by the way big dave, carver was still at toronto when shearer took over, so he wasnt available

• Big Dave

Jun 21, 2009 at 10:00 PM

Shot Bru I aree with you about big Iain, I know him and have been in his company and he likes to be the center of attention, but i think he would be a cracking coach as must people like working with him unless you get on the wrong side off him

• Nick 69

Jun 21, 2009 at 10:01 PM

AndyNUFC // Jun 21, 2009 at 9:32 PM

———

well actually i didnt come out with that ‘ludicrous idea’ after you told us of your ‘information’, i posted it on here about 3 weeks ago. and its is hardly a ridiculous idea that my friend is john carvers nephew and he picked him up from the airport is it. TBH i dont really care wether anybody on here believes me or not, i wont lose any sleep. i know what im syaing is true and thats all that matters to me.

and by the way big dave, carver wasnt available when shearer took over, he was still managing toronto!

• Big Dave

Jun 21, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Nick69
    Big Dave // Jun 21, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Nick tbh i think if carver was available AS wouldn’t have brought big Iain in
    I knew he was at toronto

• Nick 69

Jun 21, 2009 at 10:10 PM

so then you obviously knew he wasnt available, so why ask the question. i never said once that he will 100% be at nufc by nxt season, but i am telling the truth in that fact that my mate is his nephew and did pick him up from the airport with all his stuff when he moved back from toronto, and he told him then that shearer had contacted him regarding joining his staff, believe me, dont believe me, i dont really care, i was just passing on what i know

• Shot Bru

Jun 21, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Yeah Big Dave, Dowie comes across as fairly hyper and a pretty likeable guy.

• batty

Jun 21, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Rodzilla // Jun 21, 2009 at 7:21 PM

…al take it yer not arsed about the Brazil game then Batty, or are ye just ignoring iz.
    <<<< na wouldnt ignore u m8 didnt see your comment soz m8 did u win

• madman67

Jun 21, 2009 at 10:14 PM

chill nick , no probs m8… good to see a bit banter on here..lol will prob go to more fizzy league games than ive bothered for yrs…lol.

dunno but reckon were still there, untill were told otherwise….just need to avoid another disastrous year…ie bottom 5….think it’ll be a few yrs till we get promotion…cant see it next yr…no way…but if they play some youth, local, hungary players then the support will still be there….we just wanna see commitment, genuine effort etc…lol

• batty

Jun 21, 2009 at 10:15 PM

big dave who,s picken him up m8 cos u sed u were the other day

• Nick 69

Jun 21, 2009 at 10:16 PM

madman- im chilled m8, just dont like people who accuse me of talkin bollox and making up rumours, especially people who are infact actually coming on here and posting rumours and hearsay, whereas, i know what im saying is true, and they dont

• hitman

Jun 21, 2009 at 10:21 PM

freddie gos round the outside,round the outside, round the outside. freddie gos round the outside,round the outside, round the outside.Guess who’s back, back again freddie ‘s back, tell a friend Guess who’s back, guess who’s back,guess who’s back, guess who’s back,guess who’s back, guess who’s back,guess who’s back…Now this looks like a job for meSo everybody just follow meCuz we need a little controversy,Cuz it feels so empty without meI said this looks like a job for meSo everybody just follow meCuz we need a little controversy,Cuz it feels so empty without me