In our light hearted piece on Newcastle’s new strip yesterday , we were wrong to say that only Steven Taylor had the guts to wear the new yellow away strip.
Habib Beye – he was always a courageous player!
We see today that one of our other courageous players, Senegal International Habib Beye, has in fact modeled the new strip, shown above, but it looks just as bad as it did on Steven Taylor yesterday.
It’s interesting these two are showing off the new strip, and is it just coincidence that they both came out yesterday saying they would consider their positions at Newcastle?
Hey lads, the strip isn’t that bad is it? Well – maybe it is.
We have to assume that if Alan is appointed manager soon, that all will be well with them, despite the new away strip.
We had a number of notes from our readers on our piece on the new away strip yesterday and there were a few points we probably missed:
- This is for punishment for last season’s terrible performances.
- The yellow is symptomatic of the lack of guts shown by Newcastle players last season.
- This will garner the club world wide news – and it already has!
- The yellow is to remind Newcastle locals of the color of the sun – which is occasionally sighted one or two days in the summer months.
- One reader in Australia had the audacity to say he actually liked the strip – but we think that was a ploy and he was lying just to get publicity. 😀
That strip certainly hit the headlines big time yesterday, that’s for sure, but just how many strips the club will sell is up to question. Same goes for the season ticket sales.
And news just coming in, that Newcastle are considering wearing these strips for home games as well. That of course depends on whether the new strips produce the good results we are expecting, away from St. James’ Park.