Danny Guthrie Excited By New Season Ahead – Good

As far as we are concerned on this blog, now is a very important time for Newcastle players to pledge their allegiance to the club, even though we are in a sorry mess right now.

Danny Guthrie – concentrating only on football

And if players want to leave the club, we don’t really blame them, given the terrible goings on at the club over the last 10 weeks.

Mike Ashley has tried to sell the club for a second time, but seems only to have managed to ruin any preparation the club may have made for the upcoming Championship season.

So we’re pleased to hear today from one of our young stars, Danny Guthrie, who is determined to concentrate on the football at hand.

Danny told the Evening Chronicle today:

“I just can’t wait for the games to start.” “There has been plenty of talking and it has been tough.”

“Relegation was very hard last season and it was hard to take in.” “In the summer I tried hard to put it to the back of my mind and recharge for the new season.” “We’ve 46 games to come and we have be ready for it.” “I’m fed up with talking now, I just want the season to start for real.”

“The Championship is going to be a tough league.” “Everybody knows that but if we can keep the majority of the good players we have here, then we have a great chance of promotion still.” “With 46 games, it’s more than what we played last season.” “We’ll need a big squad to cope with injuries. They are inevitable.”

“Personally I wouldn’t complain if I played in all 46 games.” “I was injured last season for two or three months.” “It stops the momentum, I’d rather play in every game.” “West Brom will push this season and will be a lot peoples’ favorites for promotion.”

“It will be a tough start for us but one we are looking forward to.” “We’ve started the pre-season reasonably well.” “We went over to Ireland and bonded as a group of players.” “Now we have to show it when it all counts against West Brom.”

“Home games will be important to for us this season.” “I still expect us to get good gates.” “We’ve got the best fans and we will need them behind us this season.”

Good words from Danny, and it must have been a difficult summer for the youngsters at the club.

It’s a nice change to be able to hear one of our players just talk about football for a change, and nice to hear somebody who has not thought at all about leaving and wants to do well for the club in the Championship.

With the season about to start in a short 3 days, it’s a real pity that not many officials at the club have concentrated on the new season, but rather on how to unload the club and make it more attractive to buyers.

To think we thought when we were relegated over 10 weeks ago, that we’d have a summer of rebuilding to look forward to.

Some chance now!

• roscoe

Aug 5, 2009 at 1:14 PM

what the hell is JOKE IN HERE talking about… some explaining is in order because someone is LYING!! Either its the Club or Kinnear. Club released a statement saying that Joke will not be offered a job and Joke saying he was offered a job already! WTF!

• lesh

Aug 5, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Crikey!

If Guthrie’s excited about the start of the season, I wonder what he was like when he was a kid on Christmas morning !

• Doocey

Aug 5, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Kinnear not reuturning, confirmed.

• Mikey25

Aug 5, 2009 at 1:24 PM

JFK told he can be manager???? WTF is going on!? Wonder if its him spinning a lite, the media twisting it or Harris/Lamearse/MA talking balls again!

ANywho back to the real stuff, 4 days to kick off, im there….in the home stands with the misses dad boooooo!!!

Start of season Id like to see

Krul
    R.Tayls…Tayls…Kadar….Enrique
    Smith…Guth…Nolan
    Lualua
    Ranger…Carroll

Dont care about the youth thing, theyre our best players!

• ARSENE FIRE

Aug 5, 2009 at 1:26 PM

It’s only Orville singing again

• lesh

Aug 5, 2009 at 1:30 PM

Aye Ed, your so right that with the season about to start in a short 3 days, it’s a real pity that not many officials at the club have concentrated on the new season, but rather on how to unload the club and make it more attractive to buyers.

Strikes me that if you want to sell your car or whatever, you’d wash it, polishe and valet it, replace worn or useless parts and make sure it’s tuned and running well, looks smart and is a car that folk’ll want to buy.

As far as this sorry club of ours is concerned, I’d translate that into installing a good manager who’d do some clever wheeling and dealing in the market and get the squad to play good football to ensure results, which in turn brings the crowds through the turnstiles which in turn makes the club look like it’s worth a punt and bingo…. the for sale sign’s taken down. Job done.

Well, I guess like the rest of you guys, I’m a simple sod who hasn’t a clue – unlike our erstwhile owner and his advisers!

• lesh

Aug 5, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Doocey, who’s confirmed that Joe won’t show?

• Whumpie

Aug 5, 2009 at 1:42 PM

Mikey25 – like that team.

BUT without a really strong, respected… and frankly quite intimidating… manager, the likes of Guthrie and Lua Lua are just going to flounder. I’m going to watch on Saturday, of course – but not with much confidence of a result.

On the up-side, I do think we’ll get some movement in the next 2 days. It may not be what we want to hear, but something will change.

Right now, if you offered Ashley still there, Shearer in charge and just the option of spending revenue from sales on new players, plus all of this sorted by Monday, I’d take it. Ideally with llamearse replaced too, but beggars can’t be choosers.

That’s how far it’s all sunk.

• Rodzilla

Aug 5, 2009 at 1:42 PM

Lesh, the club confirmed it about two weeks ago that Joe Kinnear would not be returning to manage NUFC

• belfast toon

Aug 5, 2009 at 1:47 PM

Lesh if only you’d a £100 mil

• lesh

Aug 5, 2009 at 1:57 PM

BT @ 11…. me too, for sure!!

• Whumpie

Aug 5, 2009 at 1:58 PM

Guthrie could be just what we need, as long as he’s on a smallish salary. He’s young enough to be keen and not have a huge ego – but old enough to take the knocks.

He’s also from Shropshire, so he must be ok. 🙂

• will die for the toon army

Aug 5, 2009 at 2:28 PM

What we need right now is Shearer, ha has a plan. Bring AL and John Craver. Lose the big spenders and cry babies the money will come.
    For the weekend………

Aug 5, 2009 at 4:36 PM

HARPER
    TAYLOR TAYLOR COLLO ENRIQUE
    GUTHRIE BARTON DUFF
    GUTHIEREZ
    RANGER XISCO

my team for west brom, might get slated but i think that will win!!

• Wigaz

Aug 5, 2009 at 8:19 PM

I think Guthrie is going to be one of our best players this season. He showed glimpse’s of what he could do last season but I think a season in the CCC will be great for his development & he could become a big player for us. If shearer doesn’t come in I think Barton will also be a big player for us chipping in with a good few goals from midfield. Even if shearer does come in I hope he gives Joey another chance as he & guthrie are our 2 best CM’s by far & we really cant afford to lose either of them. I do think by the time shearer comes in the window will most probably be shut anyway.