Kinnear Speaks Out About His Newcastle Offer

Joe Kinnear has come out and talked even more about his apparent pending appointment as Newcastle manager.

joe-kinnear-uy

Joe Kinnear – expands on yesterday’s news

The 62-year-old Dublin-born manager is confident his health issue will be resolved in just a month, and has now hinted he will accept the job if Ashley keeps the Tyneside club.

Joe told the Newcastle Journal today:

“I’m fit and well and looking forward to coming back into football,”

“I spoke to Derek Llambias and they were on the verge of selling the club, but since then things have changed and everything is on hold.”

“They’re still, if you like, negotiating with a certain consortium, but they’ve not reached the value Mike is looking for.”

“At the moment, what is happening to me is they have offered me a two-year deal. I was due to go back for the Dundee (United) match (last weekend) and announce it then.”

“But it doesn’t coincide with the medical side of things. I’ve got a month to go and after that month, fingers crossed, I’ll be fine.”

“If I’d have said yes, Alan wouldn’t be manager, but I wouldn’t know. If it’s sold and a new consortium comes in next week I’d think he has every chance.”

But as usual Kinnear is full of contradictions and in another interview yesterday, Kinnear claimed he would not be able to return to work for another three months, while repeating the argument the club could be sold in a just days.

Joe explained:

“Everybody is left in a little bit of limbo. It’s come to a stage now where the people who want to buy the club are squeezing Mike. What they are offering is well below what he is looking for.”

“It isn’t for the want of selling, Mike wants to wash his hands of it and get out ASAP, but people aren’t offering him the value. He’s only been offered £75M.”

Kinnear is well aware he would not be a popular alternative to Alan Shearer, but that doesn’t stop him from arguing he did a good job during his four months in the North East and had won over some of the sceptical supporters.

“I’m well aware he (Shearer) is their choice,” “When I was there I was winning them over. It was just a small section of fans on my case. The season ticket holders, the people willing to put bums on seats, were happy with how things were going.”

“Since then I’ve had a heart attack and Alan’s gone in. It’s a difficult decision. I’ve got to give it some serious consideration. I’m going back into the fire if you like. A lot of work needs to be done.”

We’ll juts have to hope that the matter gets resolved as soon as possible.

Mike has said he has put a time-frame on selling the club by this Saturday, but it will not be sold by then according to Keith Harris of the Seymour Pierce Bank.

We would assume that is the club is not sold Chris Hughton and Colin Calderwood will be in charge for the first 5 games in August, but poor results then could adversely affect any promotion hopes we may have.

And also who will be bringing new players into the club for the 46 game season, since we’ve already lost 6 players from out rather small squad of last season.

The news there will be no transfer fees for new players is not good, since presumably Mike will be trying to get the financial books in order to sell the club either at Christmas or next summer.

This is not a good scenario for the Newcastle United club.

There are lots of questions that need to be answered quickly, if we are to have any chance next season in the Championship.

• repo

Aug 6, 2009 at 10:54 AM

• broon ale

Aug 6, 2009 at 11:02 AM

posted on the other thread. seems appropiate to add it to this one though

kinnear makes my blood boil when he talks about geordies having “delusions of grandeur” and how we only want messiahs and a team full of geordies..

it seems to me he has delusions of his own ability.

especially when he talks about his record at newcastle which was quite frankly, rubbish.

he should never be allowed to come anywhere near this club again.. especially at a time we remember Bobby robson and the way he conducted himself..

to allow a man who swears every second word to occupy the same seat that Robson once graced would be a travisty.

• shrews mag

Aug 6, 2009 at 11:08 AM

One half of me thinks that he should stop talking because he is dragging the club through the dirt …

The other half of me thinks that its fascinating to hear what is going on … even if it is through this idiot …

But if MA is staying we cannot have another season of turmoil and protests … we will end up in a darker place if we do … we will just have to get on with it and support the team as best we can.

• broon ale

Aug 6, 2009 at 11:14 AM

shrews mag if MA cant sell the club it would be in his best interests to stay well clear of joe kinnear and david o’bleary.

you only have to listen to kinnear to realise he is barking mad,.

• batty

Aug 6, 2009 at 11:19 AM

broonale hes not even that clever m8

• shrews mag

Aug 6, 2009 at 11:36 AM

broon – agreed JK is like a loose cannon … and for a man with a very low intellect … thats a recipe for disaster

he needs a decent front man to provide us all with some communication … whether that is the manager or someone else in the team … but communication is the key …

• ginkoh

Aug 6, 2009 at 11:39 AM

Joe Kinnear come out to said that because he just want to be Newcastle manager again, no doubt ! but he know if he accept the contract from Fuxxing Liambias he will be target from any fans.

So he come out to speak toward Shearer and supporter to increase his chance to be our manager. Because Newcastle is only club will offer with by Mike Ashley. No club even in League1 will offer him the job.

• SBR4EVA

Aug 6, 2009 at 11:45 AM

What boils my piss about that Joke Kinnear interview the most was that it came out on the very day that Sir Bobby was being laid to rest.

Although his interview was probably recorded days ago, it was a sadistic attempt by the media once again to ridicule NUFC.

I don’t blame JFK himself as he was just talking about his own particular situation as he sees it.
    What he forgets though is that whatever Ashley and Llambiarse might be paying him, what they have promised him is always going to be a complete load of bollox.

• chuck

Aug 6, 2009 at 12:10 PM

BROOB ALE
    C`mon, yeah we know JFK is a bit of a loose canon, but you can`t dispute the facts, the guy took over when no one would touch the club with a bargepole and managed to get some wins out of a disfunctional team.
    Who knows ,were it not for his health he may have kept us in the PL ?
    And yes there`s truth in his claims Newcastle fans are delusional in their expectations and are constantly looking for a messiah.
    KK & AS sound familiar !
    Apart from reaching a few cup finals, a fairs cup win, brief success under both KK and Sir Bobby this club has been in the wilderness since 1955.
    I think some posters need a serious reality check and will probably get one this quickly approaching season.

• OHurley

Aug 6, 2009 at 3:22 PM

Ok, this guy is completely delusional. He was “winning fans over”? Really? People were “happy” with how things were going? We were in a RELEGATION battle for Chrissake!!!! Who the hell was happy with that?! Pull your head out of your bum, Joe!!

• Lew Davies

Aug 6, 2009 at 3:53 PM

I think he got us up to 13th at one point, (not 100% certain on that !)DUCK!
    and he may well have kept us up, we’ll never know. But one things for sure nothing would have changed, and another season of relegation struggle would have been on us.
    With a bit of luck (I know we dont have any!) this backwards slide will end up being a positive thing in the end.
    Oh yes I’m deluded alright!
    Keeping the Faith 🙂