Shearer Angry And Upset At Joe Kinnear News

The news yesterday that Joe Kinnear was offered the manager job at Newcastle two weeks ago has apparently mystified Alan Shearer.

alan shearer -390180750

Alan Shearer – knew nothing about Kinnear appointment

We have to say up front that we don’t think Mike has not been completely straight with Alan, which is probably why Mike and the hierarchy at the club are denying the story, but we also have to think what Joe says is true.

Alan is angry and upset at the news yesterday that Kinnear was offered the manager job on Tyneside, and Shearer so wants the  job that he would consider working for Mike again, even though their relationship has been blunted by the last 10 weeks of silence.

A source close to Shearer said of Kinnear’s comments:

“Alan did not know anything about it and, although he has been told Joe is wrong and that he wasn’t offered the job, he is concerned.”

“Too many lies have been told already regarding the takeover of the club and he is as frustrated as anyone.”

“At the moment all Alan can do is continue to wait for updates and hope that the club is sold as soon as possible. His position has not changed.”

This is not a good situation for Mike Ashley, Alan or the Newcastle club, and it does look like Mike may not have been as straight as a die with Alan.

And as Newcastle fans, this is obviously both wrecking the structure of the club and making us a laughing stock again in the media.

Things are not good right now at the Newcastle club, but that’s nothing that a win on Saturday at WBA cannot start putting right, at least in the short term.

With Alan coming out like he has, it may cause Mike Ashley to think twice about appointing Joe Kinnear, but we think the plot has already been set, and it’s not a good one for Newcastle’s fans or Alan Shearer.

But what’s new?

• evildick

Aug 6, 2009 at 10:29 AM

bring on west brom!

• ArtyH

Aug 6, 2009 at 10:30 AM

As other reports say Ashley may stay on for another year and put in £40m. That will be his biggest mistake, I doubt if he would be able to stand the situation as the fans would not. It just shows how bad a business man he is if he thinks this situation would work. FFS if he was thinking that why not reduce the cost of the club to £60 and let it go and he would be free to move on and so would we.

• Rodzilla

Aug 6, 2009 at 10:37 AM

I think it’s mystified the majority of us.

One thing I can say from the bottom of my heart though, is WHOEVER gets the job, be it caretaker or full-time, Barry OR Paul Chuckle – GET BEHIND HIM and THE TEAM.

No fkn whining please.

TOON TOON!

• NUFC-0809-Oh Dear

Aug 6, 2009 at 10:38 AM

ArtyH, That makesmore sense to me that solution!

Any more news on Barry Moat, apart from the supposed denials by the club this morning!?

• bozo

Aug 6, 2009 at 10:42 AM

That would make much more sense but it would also require Ashley to back down and admit he is wrong. Something his reputation suggests he hates doing.

• Bringinmoat

Aug 6, 2009 at 10:43 AM

David O’Leary has become the latest boss to reject an approach from Newcastle United, according to a report on Thursday.

O’Leary has been linked with a return to front-line management in recent weeks, three years after his abrupt dismissal from the Aston Villa job.

But he does not appear to be interested in the poisoned chalice of Newcastle, with the Daily Mail reporting that the 51-year-old has turned down a two-year contract at St James’s Park.

O’Leary becomes the second Irishman to have rejected an offer from maligned Magpies owner Mike Ashley, with Joe Kinnear revealing on Wednesday that he had rebuffed a similar deal on health grounds.

• Big Gaz

Aug 6, 2009 at 10:43 AM

I want to shove Mike Ashley under the number 39 bus…. and his side kick under the umber 40…

• Bringinmoat

Aug 6, 2009 at 10:45 AM

Tottenham set to unveil £8m Sebastien Bassong as Newcastle star passes medical to answer Harry Redknapp’s defensive crisis

• broon ale

Aug 6, 2009 at 10:57 AM

kinnear makes my blood boil when he talks about geordies having “delusions of grandeur” and how we only want messiahs and a team full of geordies..

it seems to me he has delusions of his own ability.

especially when he talks about his record at newcastle which was quite frankly, rubbish.

he should never be allowed to come anywhere near this club again.. especially at a time we remember Bobby robson and the way he conducted himself..

to allow a man who swears every second word to occupy the same seat that Robson once graced would be a travisty.

• bill

Aug 6, 2009 at 11:02 AM

I appreciate that some people say that we should support the team no matter who owns the club. To a degree I agree with that situation as I have lived through periods where owners and directors have been very poor indeed.

However, when the ownership of the club and the events going on behind the scenes start to impact on the playing and coaching staff, a stand has to be made. If Ashley stays in charge where do you think we will finish up this coming season? I fear the worst.

Having said all of that I still think that there is a lot of posturing going on to haggle a better deal and I fully expect a deal to be done within days.

• RyanToon

Aug 6, 2009 at 11:03 AM

a source close to shearer

would that be the tomatoe sauce he had on his chips last night?

• bozo

Aug 6, 2009 at 11:11 AM

Bill I have said the same many times myself the only way to get Ashley out is to stop financially subsidising his destruction of the club. Some people confuse loyalty with blind devotion.

• ArtyH

Aug 6, 2009 at 11:13 AM

Another source said Shearer doesn’t eat chips, they are fattening. LOL

• ArtyH

Aug 6, 2009 at 11:16 AM

Bozo, I said that last year, total boycott, but look what happened, blind loyalty and fans who payed for season tickets would not stay away for a couple of weeks to make a point and we now reap what we sow.

• liam85

Aug 6, 2009 at 11:19 AM

I can’t see Mike Ashley bringing in Alan now.
    He’s not that much of a man to stand up and say “I messed up”..
    I’m getting just too fed uip of teh way us as loyal fans are being treated!!!

• dave 1961

Aug 6, 2009 at 12:33 PM

it’s now time to go for a boycott of sports direct if we get everyone we know to totally keep away from sports direct and all the brands they own this would be better than a boycott of the club mike Ashley clearly has not learned anything from the past year its bloody ground hog day we have gone full circle with Ashley and now he wanted to get Kinnear again, I think I am stuck in a nightmare & just when I see the light it suddenly shoots out of view, I remember the whinging I have made terrible decisions & I have lost my money, it was so simple with Kinnear 25,000-30,000 with Shearer 45,000-52,000 almost double the money coming in, I can only conclude Ashley’s wants to wreck the club, because there’s only one man now who would get the time to build the club, because the days of buying a team are gone, players being sold for the price of our club so the only way is a long term plan with O’dreary or Joe 4 wins.

• Rodzilla

Aug 6, 2009 at 12:42 PM

Kinnear has himself said “I can’t work for 3 months” – can you honestly see CH & CC in charge for our first 12 games while we wait for JFK?! I can’t.

Bill I understand your sentiments in …

….”That is why I will never go to SJP again until Mike Ashley has gone. I have paid my dues but I will show my anger with this lying incompetent bunch by not turning up for games.”

I just really can’t deal with negative manager and player chants at games. It severely dents team spirit and confidence. That was the gist of my post @3.

….anyway, nowt is official STILL, so I’m still wearing my optimist hat.

• workyticket

Aug 6, 2009 at 1:38 PM

“With Alan coming out like he has”

But he hasn’t come out with anything. That was just a “source close to Shearer”, which is another way of saying “we just made it up”.

• stk85

Aug 6, 2009 at 6:00 PM

kinnear was an awful appointment should never ever ever have been anywhere near what was sir boobys seat which is now rightfully alan’s seat.

he is delusional as are some on here who thought he did better than shearer as manager. the players were happy to have a leader when shearer was around despite results but thats coz we were playing with fear and already in our death spiral when alan came in. right choice made but far far far tooo late

shearer i suspect is fuming at what is happening at his club, our club. that radio show the other night was pretty good in that it highlighted and rubbished a few things – about ppl who come into the club, that means players as well
    future players and managers should be aske one thing – this is how it is and can you handle it? or will you make excuses and run for cover when the shizzle hits the fizzle?

we need strong characters to be the figureheads of our club, not ppl who wont comment on a sausage or have delusional egos after one mediocre season in a relegated team (yes thats you seb – now get lost!)

sooooo very very very angry at what is happening at our club and if something doesnt happen soon i will try to throw the towl in again… except i can’t

i love this club and this town and this is so upsetting to see my club treated with this amount of contempt