Still No Agreement With Moat – As Time Goes By

The dreary prospect of Newcastle United spending the new season under the incompetent ownership of Mike Ashley got a little closer yesterday,  as there was no agreement in negotiations with Tyneside businessman Barry Moat.

MikeAshley 2

Mike Ashley – still no agreement with Moat

The Ashley people have already said if £25M is not deposited by Friday and no deal is forthcoming before then, Ashley is likely to appoint David O’Leary as manager, and Newcastle fans will have to endure Ashley for the season.

What other idiotic things Mike will do this season is anybody’s guess, but it will have to be something to beat what he’s managed this summer, which is put the club in handcuffs for almost 12 weeks, and not one new player had been signed, and of course we’ve had no manager or leadership at the club all summer.

Apart from that Mike has done everything right.

The Independent is reporting that Moat and his backers are around £10M short of what Ashley will settle for.

As things stand right now, the odds seem against a deal going ahead, and that will be extremely bad news for the vast majority of Newcastle fans, who have still supported their team brilliantly during the troubles of the summer.

Ashley appears to feel that Moat’s offer is unrealistic, and that has lessened the possibility of Alan Shearer being appointed manager.

A source close to the talks has said today:

“It could be that it will all change in the next few days and the club is sold for what Ashley wants,”

“But Ashley has done something he should have done at the very start of all this, and asked advice from experienced football people on how he should proceed.”

“This is what has come out of that. If he doesn’t sell, Ashley is looking for an experienced manager who has good contacts to get loan players in. There is going to be no big transfer fund .”

“If the team can be seen to be making progress, then the fans will be happier and Newcastle will be far more viable as a selling proposition.”

We’ll continue to hope that Moat can work something out with Ashley, because we don’t even want to think about what it will be like having to endure Ashley for another season.

But if the worst happens and David O’Leary is brought in – there are a lot worse managers than David, and if he can come in and get some players in quickly – even on a loan basis – and start getting some good results, the fans will be behind him – if not behind Ashley.

We’ll need to make the best out of a very bad situation, and our goal has to be to get this club settled and back where it belongs – in the Premier League.

• Ericles

Aug 12, 2009 at 9:27 AM

This saga is becoming unbelievable. What a disaster seems to be looming. Ashley still owner, that thug O’Leary as manager, and a paper thin squad. I hope I will wake from this nightmare. The Mirror says that Ashley may be in the directors box on Saturday. What gall. The bloke must have a skin as thick as an elephant. How dare the fat gob shite sit in St James, a place graced by Wor Bobby only recently, where Shearer should be manager, and where the Toonarmy loyally and determinedly supports the team. Come on Moat – rescue NUFC from the greasy palmed oily mouthed Ashley and his circus of fools.

• lesh

Aug 12, 2009 at 9:29 AM

If Ashley feels that Moat’s offer is unrealistic when £10m short of acceptability, then I wonder how he sees the club’s value by the end of the season?

Is the man stupid?

• hitman

Aug 12, 2009 at 9:34 AM

i was going to write a massive script but ericles has just says what i wanted too nice 1.im not having a dig stardust but what ever did you see in ashley to think he was good for the club,

• broon ale

Aug 12, 2009 at 9:34 AM

derel Llambias’s email address.. I email the bloke everyday.. get amongst it. Let him know our feelings.
    Derek.Llambias@nufc.co.uk

• broon ale

Aug 12, 2009 at 9:39 AM

i also email lee ryder to tell him to step his game up.. the standard of Journalism we have is awful. To be fair, he replies. Unlike Alan Oliver. I thought be couldnt get any worse when slack jaw left but it turns our Ryder is equally woefull. Lee.Ryder@ncjmedia.co.uk

• carrollfan

Aug 12, 2009 at 9:40 AM

Ossie ardiles just said on talksport he wants the newcastle job. He played for totenham so it wouldn’t surprise me if Ashley looks at it and thinks he had an association with newcastle i’ll put him in

• lou9brasil

Aug 12, 2009 at 9:43 AM

someone once told me that money was the root of all evil.. WRONG!!!!!!

MIKE ASHLEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL, I CANT TAKE MUCH MORE OF THIS

• broon ale

Aug 12, 2009 at 9:43 AM

we seriously need to be getting on these plonkers case.. Ashley is asset stripping the club. What will it take for them to move on? Players refusing to play for the club. Can the FA get involved? They apologised for not communicating but yet they still keep us in the dark, They apologised for making mistakes but they are still making the same mistakes. O’leary would see us take another step closer to be the new leeds. Get involved, email Llambias… let him know our feelings. I get read receipts confirming they have been read.. I cant imagine him having a PA so i am pretty sure he reads them..

• broon ale

Aug 12, 2009 at 9:44 AM

ossie ardilless… ha ha ha ha ha… will this crap never end? Mind you, I would have him over O’leary.

• Darling27

Aug 12, 2009 at 9:48 AM

This guy is unbelievable!!!

• lou9brasil

Aug 12, 2009 at 9:48 AM

It wont matter how much we protest, how long we stay away from St James Park, the fat bastard is gonna milk us for everything he can, he wants as much money as possible and if he cant do that by getting £100mil straight up he will do it by selling half the team and the ones he will sell are the ones we will need to get back up.

Another week of this crap and i can see Taylor leaving, Tim Krul has interest from Wenger, Duff will leave, Enrique is pretty much out the door.

To sum it up in short were f@cked

• komfort

Aug 12, 2009 at 9:50 AM

hitman , walter mitty will continue to swoon after him regardless…

• reetpetite

Aug 12, 2009 at 9:51 AM

Heard this morning that a few prem teams are after Krul, including old arry.

• Ericles

Aug 12, 2009 at 9:52 AM

I have just emailed Llambias with an honest and passionate list of reasons why Ashley has to go. I will do this everyday for as long as it takes. Whether I get a reply or not is for me yet to find out.

• broon ale

Aug 12, 2009 at 9:53 AM

totally ducked mate… Ashley has been the worst thing that has ever happend to us.. I cant beleive we had plebs on here backing him untill not so long ago. the same people branded anyone who ojected to ashley were accused of being mobish..
    it turns out we knew back then that ashley would allow this club to bleed to death..

• Ericles

Aug 12, 2009 at 9:53 AM

Reet petite has had his ear next to Ashley’s arse again!

• Rodzilla

Aug 12, 2009 at 9:53 AM

Is the SJP mansion a smouldering heap of ashes yet?

MIKE ASHLEY, how long is your stupidly over-ambitious game of Toon-Jenga going to last!?!

Just one more block………………

• Mark-o

Aug 12, 2009 at 9:55 AM

Its non-bloody-stop isnt it?
    I’m fortunate enough (or un-fortunate, depends on how you look at it) to have upgraded my season ticket a few years ago to corporate and have a table in the Bamburgh suite and when Cashley was coming to the games i passed him on the way to the ladbrooks girls quite a bit.
    If i see him on saturday i’m worried i might punch him in his fat face.
    I detest violence, especially at football and would give up my ticket if the scenes from the 80’s were to return. But this fat tool has took the biscuit. I might just gime him a piece of my mind.
    (preferably my frontal lobe square between his fat eyes).

2 rants in 2 days!! I think im getting swine flu. Blame ashley, fat pig.

• broon ale

Aug 12, 2009 at 9:56 AM

ericles.. he wont reply, but he will get the email.. lee ryder confirmed to me that he uses the same email address and only occasionaly gets a reply.. often the reply is along the lines of, “i cant comment at this time”
    I have emailed him every day for a few weeks now.. sometimes i simly copy and paste from the likes of Truefaith because they tend to sum up my feeling very well..

• lou9brasil

Aug 12, 2009 at 9:58 AM

can you imagine something like this happening to 1 of the big 4 there would be an uprising, its disgusting.

Hate is a very strong word but i HATE that fat bastard with every bit of enotion that is running through my body.

How this guy became a billionaire just defies all logic and belief

• King Bob the first

Aug 12, 2009 at 10:05 AM

It really does sound cliche and Ashley is holding the club to Ransom

“I want the money deposited in a specific account by Friday, or I will employee o’leary”

• reetpetite

Aug 12, 2009 at 10:05 AM

Ericles- Good luck with the emails. Some would call what you are doing pathetic and a waste of time , but not me.

• the holy grail

Aug 12, 2009 at 10:06 AM

just a thort lads but do you really wantsomeone incharge that is struggling to raise an extra 10mil, so how hard will it be to buy players. also how many backers has he got because if he is spending their money it will be hard to please all just look at liverpool and there is only 2 of them.
    that would be typical he bought us and then the backers fell out over the amount of money neeeded to be spent to get out of the cc and put the club up for sale!!!!!

as much as i realise shrarer should be manager (only by the fact no1 else has a fair chance be the fans be4 they even start till he gets the job) what has he done to warrant being manager
    – a worse record than kinear
    -a contract that is unbalivably unrealistic for a prem manager who won the champions league nevermind a cc manager with no experience

i proven manager to get us up then hand the rains over if you ask me, keep him involved this season.

also with the transfer deals most of the martins deal was to pay what we owed inter milan for him so we wouldnt have kept much there.
    bassong deal was to go into keegans back pocket as that is what i belive is what he wanted.
    so the beye money is the only real money we have SO THE POTENTIAL OWNER WILL HAVE TO SPEND QUITE A LOT OF MONEY TO GET US BACK UP SO REMIND ME AGAIN WHY PEOPLE ARE PINNING THEIR HOPES ON SOMEONE WHO CANT RAISE ANOTHER 10MIL. HE KNEW THE PRICE ALL THOSE WEEKS AGO AND SO HAS EVERYONE SO PAY IT AND GET ON WITH IT IF YOU CAN!!!

• Ericles

Aug 12, 2009 at 10:12 AM

Thanks Reet Peteite. On another note I do still have the original 45 by Jackie Wilson. Rock on NUFC.

• toonsy

Aug 12, 2009 at 10:14 AM

22 – reetpetite – Some would call a Spurs fan knocking around on an NUFC blog, after claiming you wouldnt come back after we got relgated as you “have no interest in chaampionship football” a waste of time.

• belfast toon

Aug 12, 2009 at 10:15 AM

Lads I felt hate a few weeks ago it passes I’ve given up now wer screwed and their is not one thing we can do about it good news is after the hate goes you’ve got deep depression to look forward to

I think it was seeing bassong in a spuds top that pushed me over the edge

• lou9brasil

Aug 12, 2009 at 10:16 AM

reet petite go and play with the traffic, you caused a lot of havoc on here your not welcome fella

• Stevo

Aug 12, 2009 at 10:17 AM

He robs us of our money and just laughs in our face! We all need to wake up! If he stays I’m not, I’ve had enough of this arrogant fat ****! I won’t go to games and I wont spend one more penny on NUFC until this thief has gone. Whether that’s 1 years, 5 or 10 years so be it. F’ing sick man. He’s getting nothing more from me.

• premier

Aug 12, 2009 at 10:18 AM

Moat bid ditched

• broon ale

Aug 12, 2009 at 10:20 AM

are you telling me reetpetite is none other than Mr Moobs? Jesus… i havent been on here for a while.. Lat time i was here we had bennymoobs commenting left right and centre..
    i seem to remember he said he wouldnt be back…
    but ho -hum, he is here!!!

very sad..

• magpie6699

Aug 12, 2009 at 10:21 AM

Thing is – I wouldn’t object to Ashley IF he followed his plans through to their logical conclusion.
    After we were relegated and he made his apology, I would have been happy for him then to say “I’m staying to sort the mess out. We have to sell our high money-earners but I will get Alan Shearer in, we will replace with cheaper (younger?) players to see us well in the Championship with the aim of promotion as soon as possible – maybe 2 seasons?”
    OR …. “Sorry folks, I’m selling the club – I want £100 million o.n.o. “.
    But now he is in the position of neither having his cake nor eating it. Unless a sale goes through he will have wasted money on Seymour Pierce. He looks increasingly foolish and stubborn, and has only alienated the fans more if possible (see above – I DON”T agree with violence or demos – he KNOWS how we feel and it can’t help the on-field performance). His perceived plan – keep the club, sell a few more players, bring in an unpopular manager and not the local favourite -with instructions to get a few more journeyman players on-loan, looks ridiculous. This is not a realistic plan or even a gamble , except as the equivalent of backing a fish riding a bicycle to win the Grand National!
    Please come back to planet Earth, Mike, and come up with some sensible options.

• broon ale

Aug 12, 2009 at 10:21 AM

premier.. how do you know that?

• lou9brasil

Aug 12, 2009 at 10:24 AM

it must just be something to do with spurs fans no matter how low we are they still want their club to be as big as ours so cant stay away, closet toon supporters me thinks

• Whumpie

Aug 12, 2009 at 10:36 AM

Let’s face it – we know nowt. Far better to just read actual quotes (no “sources close to”) and try to come up with sensible scenarios.

For me, I think it’s more than Ashley holding out for more money. I think there’s something really dodgy in Moat’s proposals and he’s not convinced that it won’t turn very sour.

It’s probably also about guaranteeing phased payments – something I’ve been caught out on in the past.

However, I am also starting to get my head around the idea that Ashley is so arrogant and deluded that he thinks he can keep the club and see it promoted. It won’t happen – we’ve seen his incompetence proven too many times.

I so want to see him gone and Shearer in. I don’t even care that much right now if Moat doesn’t really have enough cash. I’d rather see us struggle on with a load of cheapie younguns than stay with Ashley’s talent for destruction.

• reetpetite

Aug 12, 2009 at 10:44 AM

lou9brasil-hehe. You cant even sell your club for 100mill. Real madrid nearly spent that on ronaldo. Your only big in the eyes of geordies.haha.

• jckie15

Aug 12, 2009 at 10:45 AM

Its alright reading peoples quotes….but when you have lame-arse saying we have more than 2 100 mil bids which is bull$hit who elses quotes can you believe? keith harris? the man that says the same thing everytime he is asked….i expect a deal to be completed by the end of whatever month he is in! At the end of the day the wait will be over one way or another by 1st of september! Thats when the transfer window closes, so he will have either kept club or been bought out by then as it allows time for loans or new signings depending o nwho is in charge! no one in their right mind will buy aclub when they cant bring in new players! so with that in mind expect a deal to be concluded this week or very latest end of next week. however if no deal is concluded by then fat ash is def staying!!! its just simple logic unfortuantely. TOON4LIFE (though life wont last long, reckon i will have a heart attack with this $hit first)!

• jckie15

Aug 12, 2009 at 10:46 AM

reetpetite nobody cares what you say so why dont you just p!ss off back to your sisters for some incest loving! thats what you spuds do isnt it? you all look the same! ha ha ha ha

• Nick D

Aug 12, 2009 at 10:50 AM

Shearer over to you. Why don’t you make up the shortfall to buy the club and award yourself 2M upfront before the season even really starts.

If Shearer was on approx 80 – 100K for 10 years as a player, plus his off field deals , do the math. Shearer’s wealth alone must dwarf Moat and co.
    Now’s a chance for him to square his ego with doing the right thing.

• reetpetite

Aug 12, 2009 at 10:50 AM

jckie-I am glad you added the hahahaha at the end of your post otherwise i wouldnt have known you were trying to be funny!

Thats pretty rich coming from a geordie. Every time i see your fans crying on ssn its always of a fat bloke with his shirt off covered in tattoos.

• broon ale

Aug 12, 2009 at 10:50 AM

moobs.. why you here if we are small fry? its a bit sad wouldn’t you agree?