Jose Enrique Feels Confident Of Reading Win

Jose Enrique had a decent game at West Brom, and we’d like to see Jose stay on Tyneside and help us get back to the Premier League, because this boy has the fighting spirit the Newcastle fans just love to see in their players.

jose enrique  -100007751

Jose Enrique – wants win against Reading

And Jose says the players are confident of beating off promotion chasers Reading at St James’s Park on Saturday night to make it 4 points from our first two games.

The Spaniard helped Newcastle to a 1-1 draw against West Brom and fought hard for the team, but then he always does that.

We are very short of full backs right now, and still don’t have any real solid back-up for Jose, and on the right-hand side we’ve lost Habib Beye to Aston Villa, so we really need a couple of full backs in before August is out.

But Enrique, as we would have expected, is fully focused on picking up points for the Newcastle club, and there’s 3 for the taking against Reading.

Jose told the Evening Chronicle today:

“We’re feeling confident for the Reading game.” “West Brom were another team that are fighting to get back in the Premier League and the draw was a good result in my eyes.”

“It was important to show people watching on TV that we are ready for this challenge.” “And we’ll be hoping to continue that against Reading, I think we can continue our good start and win it.”

Reading’s last visit to St James’ resulted in an easy 3-0 win, when Kevin Keegan was getting the side back to their best in April of 2008. That seems a million miles away now, doesn’t it?

But as Les Ferdinand has said recently, our home games this season will be important and we must ensure we make St. James’ Park into a fortress once again.

If we can get some good results at home this season, with good local support from the Newcastle fans, we have to be in with a chance of promotion, and of course we;ll need just a little bit of luck.

Jose continued:

“Against West Brom, we weren’t at our best in the first half but we still created chances.” “Now we have to start against Reading the way we finished the game.”

“The second half was very good and after Damien Duff scored, I honestly thought ‘we can win this’.” “It was a good move, everybody linked up well.”

“It showed we have good footballers who can show their experience in this division.”

And Enrique, as always, is looking forward to playing in front of the Gerodie home crowd, expected to be over 30,000 for the game, as he continued:

“It’s always great to play in front of your own fans. We want to get the season off to a great start for them.”

There’s no doubt that a win on Saturday, however we can achieve it, is just exactly what the fans will want to see, followed by another win in our next game at St. James’ Park next Wednesday against Sheffield Wednesday.

If the lads can get the season off a to a good start, after all the difficulties and distraction of this summer, just think what they could do with a permanent manager in place, and a little bit of stability at the club.

Then we’d be on a flat playing surface with the other clubs in the Championship.

• Toon_Factor

Aug 13, 2009 at 2:57 PM

“Jose Enrique had a decent game at West Brom”

Ed, did you watch the match? He was clearly one of our worst players along with Shola, sure i’d like to see him to stay but he was below his usual standard that game, lets hope he’s back to his best on Saturday.

• dipesh14

Aug 13, 2009 at 3:02 PM

on SSN apparently Ginola wants to come back as newcastle boss. the full interviews coming up.

• Davy Craig

Aug 13, 2009 at 3:02 PM

Toon Factor

I agree that he’s not good enough. It’s bizarre how it seems that Enrique, Jonas and Collocini all want to be away but none of them even look decent in the Championship never mind in a top quality league!

Has anyone seen Ginola on SPN touting for the manager’s position?

• belfast toon

Aug 13, 2009 at 3:12 PM

I hope the crazys are out on Saturday and I do hope their a protest, we are just rolling over and letting this fat peter griffin lookalike rape us.

• Rodzilla

Aug 13, 2009 at 3:13 PM

Enrique blah blah blah blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah…….

Fk me, how many times do we have to listen to this all mouth and no trousers claptrap. Just talk about us winning when you do please eh….

• Toon Graeme

Aug 13, 2009 at 3:25 PM

Aye – read all before – last season!!!!

• belfast toon

Aug 13, 2009 at 3:26 PM

I posted this on the last blog But its the same for this story every week some random ‘STAR’ I use the term very loosely comes out with a rallying call yawn.

Aug 13th @ 02:39 pm
    No one cares I think I speak for everyone when I say that. The only thing we co care about is.

A-: Club sold/ off the Market
    B -: new manager who and when

And I also think I speak for everyone when I say fcuk off mike Ashley your destroying our club

• Rodzilla

Aug 13, 2009 at 3:32 PM

A&B would be nice Belfast toon, I’d settle for just B at the moment though – call me fussy!

• Azza_Jones

Aug 13, 2009 at 3:40 PM

I think at least the players are trying to be positive… Honesltly how do you think they feel in all of this! They cant even just get on with things with no manager and all this turmoil….

I watched the game last week and I thought Enrique had a decent to good game, strong in the tackle and given the fact he is still so young has alot of potential. Honesltly who will we get that is better at the moment!

I think so called ‘toon supporters’ and I use that term lightly need to start forgetting about all the takeover bullsh*t and start talking about the football!

Get behind the team……Newcastle 2 – Reading 1

• Tel

Aug 13, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Rodzilla: shows how far we have fallen when all we want is a manager, its a scary thought but that would be a positive step by ashley. Problem as I see it is he doesnt want a manager except in title, yes man would be more appropiate.

• RyanToon

Aug 13, 2009 at 4:12 PM

Jose is woeful

• Johno Toon

Aug 13, 2009 at 4:13 PM

I think reading are there for the taking , they just sold hunt and sold doyle during the summer so no excuses imo

• Trent Toon

Aug 14, 2009 at 8:18 AM

Good player, i think he performed well on Saturday, i dont know why everyone is ripping him. Alan Shearer for manager, Moat as owner and signings of Per cilian Skjelbred and that other norwegian dude also lovenkrands would be good. Sol Cambell also wouldn’t be too bad. Newcastle 3-1 Reading- Carroll, Duff, Nolan…