Newcastle Should Sign Peter Lovenkrands Again

We currently have 4 strikers at the club – Ameobi, Carroll, Ranger and Xisco and each one of them is a tall striker and plays in a  very similar way.

peter-lovenkrands-ghgh

Peter Lovenkrands – could help us big time this season

What was clear last week at WBA was that a Peter Lovenkrands would have been great  up front with one of the big men, and why he wasn’t signed this summer we have no idea.

Since Joe Kinnear singed him in January, and Joe seemed to be quite keen on the Danish International, maybe if Joe is appointed Newcastle manager next week, he may sign Peter pretty quickly.

We would hope so.

Peter is now a free agent again, currently training on his own at Rangers in Scotland, and would add some different options to the Newcastle strike force.

Peter also has that rare commodity called class, and we think he would be a good capture for the side.

We’d like to see Peter back at the club.

What do you think?

• Doocey

Aug 14, 2009 at 3:31 PM

I’d like him back, then again, I’d nearly like anyone just for depth in the squad.

• d005uk

Aug 14, 2009 at 3:38 PM

Yeah agree a hard working player who is honest & gives 100%. I’d take him back as long as his wages were not premiership size

• repo

Aug 14, 2009 at 3:39 PM

Might as well bring back viduka what a load of bull there is no way he will come back..

• RyanToon

Aug 14, 2009 at 3:42 PM

dont want him back

after he said hed love to sign for the mackems

eff off peter!

• Alanmc09

Aug 14, 2009 at 3:52 PM

Dooce

• Wigaz

Aug 14, 2009 at 3:54 PM

Well another day of great news eh? Ashley staying! Well as long as he appoints shearer then i’ll be happy with it. I’m glad to see Simpson come in & even more positive is the fact he was apparantly on shearer’s list. Maybe this is the first of a few in. Even better news that moyes had told city to run & jump for Lescott so now they wont go in for taylor. If MA has any brains he’d put shearer in charge let him bring in what he can ie: simpson, beckford sol campbell etc. On Mcloven i’d take him back in a heartbeat. He put more graft in for the few games he played than owen did all last season!

• Robby Bobson

Aug 14, 2009 at 3:56 PM

Seeing as he stayed fit for most games, and bagged a few goals when we needed him, such as the great finish genst boro.

So why look to bring players in on loan when we can sign up a plyer like lovenkrands on a free??

I can imagine hughton will suggest him if he can get loan players in.

Oh and yeh he has got something our team derely needs…PACE and lots of it.

• Doocey

Aug 14, 2009 at 3:57 PM

Alanmc09 // Aug 14, 2009 at 3:52 PM

Dooce

Well, same shi*te , different day. :@

• Geordie Cobbler

Aug 14, 2009 at 3:59 PM

RyanToon // Aug 14, 2009 at 3:42 PM

You are an idiot!…. why would you not want him back =S

• NUFC-0809-Oh Dear

Aug 14, 2009 at 3:59 PM

I would take him and Sibierski back in a shot!

• Geordie Cobbler

Aug 14, 2009 at 4:04 PM

NUFC-0809-Oh Dear // Aug 14, 2009 at 3:59 PM

definitley!!!!

is Olivier Bernard not worth a shot as cover the Enrique????

• DevonMag

Aug 14, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Definitely. Really rated him the entire time he was here. If Shearer comes in I reckon he’ll snap him up…God the only optimism I now have is the thought that Ashley will appoint Al cos he’d be worried for his life if he didn’t.

• Wigaz

Aug 14, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Well said devon mag. I think if mike has taken the club off the market that he will swallow his pride & go back to shearer with his tail between his legs. I know a lot of us will think Shearer will to tell him to foxtrot oscar but I think Al will take the job. He took it in the 1st place when everything was stacked against him so why wouldn’t he take it now when he has loads more time to get the team playin his type of football.

• M.Stockley

Aug 14, 2009 at 4:22 PM

there are lots of decent free agents around
    ball,hamman,volz,campbell,lovenkrands.
    all of these would be bodies in the squad who can add experience

• lesh

Aug 14, 2009 at 4:23 PM

Come to think of it, wastn’t the Llambias party line about not appointing Shearer that they didn’t want to impose a manager on a new owner like what they inherited in Allardyce?

That being the case and with the statements that Shearer was wanted 110%, then presumabley the announcement’s imminent and the appointment’s nothing more than a formality?

We’ll see eh?

• Wigaz

Aug 14, 2009 at 4:32 PM

Well said lesh mate. I think that they will go back to shearer for the following reasons. Doesn’t make sense to appoint JK due to his health reasons, also the fact that they cant get £100m for the club now so why would they get it 6 months down the line when we’re mid table with 10% of the stadium filled for home games. Appointing Shearer is the best decision all around, the fans will come back to fill SJP & hopefully get a few wins racked up & get us up the table. Then come Jan we will hopefully be odds on favourite to go up to prem with a great young manager at the helm with a decent squad. This will inable Ma to get his £100m as the economy will be slightly better by then & we will be a much more attractive prospect. I still think that Ma has gone back to shearer & reviewed his list of transfers. Man U might have wanted too much for simpson or that Al is aware the only players he will be able to bring in will be loans & free transfers. He may be allowed to bring in permanent striker & thats where the martins cash or some of it will be used. Maybe Shearer said he needs £15-20m or he CANT take job so Ma has sold the players to raise said funds. Stay positive Shearer is coming back!!!!

• Whumpie

Aug 14, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Lovekrands – welcome as long as he’d play for championship wages. Not likely.

Also, he’s not exactly a small, quick goal machine to feed off one of the big guys, is he?

Wigaz – you say Ashley is staying as if you’ve read something certain while I was in that last meeting. Has anything actually happened today that I’m not aware of??

• Toonmania

Aug 14, 2009 at 4:38 PM

can anyone explain the last paragraph in this report, it says to me that earlier in the week it was thought the club was off the market, but it has come to light thats not the case??

or am i reading it wrong?

• Wigaz

Aug 14, 2009 at 4:40 PM

Just what I read on other threads whumpie from ssn. DC reckons that it looks certain MA will stay so i’m just saying if he does then I think or hope this happens. You were in last meeting? you inlolved with the club mate?

• Whumpie

Aug 14, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Wigaz – that wasn’t a dig, by the way – just a genuine question when I read your post after returning to my desk.

Still, sounds like it’s another day of no news on the club sale front.

BUT more outgoing high-earners, and one incoming player on loan.

I’ll take that. Makes the sale more likely. Of course, we need 2 in for 1 out, but hey – it’s a start!

• Wigaz

Aug 14, 2009 at 5:00 PM

Didn’t think it was whumpie mate dont worry bud. I really hope that shearer is in after the reading game. If we can get a win then all the better gives him a great platform to work from & I think teams like man u & arsenal will be cuing up to loan youngsters to us to work with Al. Especially their strikers! how much could these young lads learn from the great man himself. I know i’d rather have permanent players in but if this is all we can hope for then so be it.

• Zangwill_Ho

Aug 14, 2009 at 5:28 PM

Joe is appointed Newcastle manager next week?!!! Oh no please

• Oba

Aug 14, 2009 at 5:30 PM

Why no, no we don’t.

• Nick D

Aug 14, 2009 at 6:32 PM

Could have sworn Baheng was a striker

• Bill F

Aug 14, 2009 at 7:42 PM

I beleive he has gone back to Rangers, if I was him I know which club I’d rather be with at this moment in time.

• Ericles

Aug 14, 2009 at 8:02 PM

I would like to see Bernard and Lovenkrands back at NUFC. Sol Campbell would do fine too.

• Sav

Aug 15, 2009 at 10:40 AM

Hold on a minute, Ed!

Ameobi, Carroll, Ranger and Xisco may be tall strikers but they don’t really play in a similar way, unless you mean ‘generally crap’.