Shola Dedicates Hat-Trick To Sir Bobby Robson

In a nice gesture after the game yesterday hat-trick hero Shola Ameobi dedicated his first hat-trick ever at Newcastle to Sir Bobby Robson.

bobby robson statue

Sir Bobby Robson – Shola dedicated his hat trick to Bobby yesterday

Shola scored all 3 goals in Newcastle’s rather easy win over a lack-luster reading side at St. James’ Park yesterday and he looked good.

Lots of fans have expected Shola to star in the Championship because he seems that kind of honest player and we are hoping he can get even a 20 goal haul this season, which the side will need if we are the challenge for promotion.

Shola of course played under Sir Bobby Robson at Newcastle and said after the game yesterday:

“Considering the man we were remembering today, I think its only fitting I dedicate my goals to Sir Bobby.”

“He was a great influence on my career and for me it was a fantastic way to repay him.”

“We have a dedicated penalty taker but I was fortunate enough to be given the job. It was a great way to open my account for the season and a great way to start our home program.”

“This was a tremendous team effort.”

Good words from Shola and a fitting tribute to the great man.

• Lew Davies

Aug 16, 2009 at 11:15 AM

Nice one Stroller. Now just keep on bagging the goals for us. This is your time now, so grab it with both feet, head or whatever lol just keep scoring.
    🙂

• gozzie4

Aug 16, 2009 at 11:16 AM

About bloody time!! He still cant strike a ball for toffee (although did take his pen well!)…

At last…. a win!! Seems far to long ago our last convincing win.

I just want shearer as manager… before someone comes in for a bid for s.taylor. I will genuinely cry if he leaves……

• gozzie4

Aug 16, 2009 at 11:21 AM

I tell you what as well……… just watched ameobi’s second goal…. kevin nolan was f*ckin brilliant. great vision.

I think our turmoil has ended… i can see a bright future this season.

UP THE TOOOOOOON

• M.Stockley

Aug 16, 2009 at 11:30 AM

great effort by shola.. was mightly impressed yesterday with jose enrique and the 2nd half ryan taylor had his best half in a black and white shirt.
    So did any of you guys actually see sol campbell at the game??

• tdt

Aug 16, 2009 at 11:40 AM

I put ÂŁ5 on shola at 33/1 for top goal scorer this year just before the west brom game – might have been a shrowd 1!

• ArtyH

Aug 16, 2009 at 11:45 AM

What a mess this club is in now! Up for sale could be pulled from the market at any time, then the team wins. I don’t know if its a good thing or a bad thing. WHY??? If we keep winning the owner will think the fans will accept the situation and keep attending game, and that will probably happen. Then he continues to decimate our beloved club and laughs at us all the way to the bank, and there will still be no investment and our best players will still be sold.
    I think we are in a no win situation if the club is NOT sold.
    If it stays with the current owner/setup, we will be in turmoil for the rest of the season.
    The only thing IMHO that I have thought of and it is repugnant in the extreme but would send a message throughout football and force a sale is this: ( I find this painful and despicable too but sometimes you cut off a body part to save your life ) Boycott the home games to starve the owner of revenue ( cannot even bring myself to print his name ). Cannot believe I am printing this but here goes….Go to Sunderland home games with toon shirts on and ( ohhh jeeezzzz no ) shout for ……the home team…..
    I feel sick now at the thought, but after even one episode of this display it would send a message so powerful via the media and $sn that his reputation would be in tatters, and psychologically he could not sustain the ownership. If he stays the owner we have nothing but second rate football to watch until a new buyer is found.
    I just hope that Barry Moat saw something at the game to spur him on to a final higher acceptable offer.
    Must go now to be sick after printing this.

• Lew Davies

Aug 16, 2009 at 11:52 AM

ArtyH – give yourself a slap mate.

• ArtyH

Aug 16, 2009 at 11:57 AM

I just did …..after I was sick…LOL

Hey I’m fookin desperate M8….and don’t forget one swallow doesn’t make a summer.
    Yes the team played well but what is going to be left if this goon stays in charge??? Thats my point.

• ArtyH

Aug 16, 2009 at 11:59 AM

I just did M8…..after I was sick.

Just remember though one swallow does not make a summer. The lads played great but who will be left if this idiot is still in charge in w few months time. If that is the case we ar right up the creek and in the brown stuff.

• punk skunk...

Aug 16, 2009 at 12:06 PM

Good lad Shola!..

…Respect due & given to SBR!..

Keep it comin son!..

• Graeme

Aug 16, 2009 at 2:18 PM

ArtyH, your right mate-

One swallow doesnt make a summer, but it can be the start of a lovely relationship lol.

Keep your chin up, the Toon will pull through this nightmare.