Steven Taylor Going Nowhere – Hughton

It looks like Steven Taylor is not as close to the exit door at Newcastle, as we were led to believe by reports in the Sunday newspapers.

Steven Taylor – going nowhere says Hughton

Some observers claimed that Taylor’s odd reaction at the final whistle of Saturday’s great victory over Reading, looked like a farewell sign to the Newcastle supporters.

But Hughton says that is not the case, and says that he has heard nothing at all from the Newcastle Board to suggest Steven is a player Newcastle want to unload.

Chris said today:

“He is very much still Newcastle’s player and he is desperate to get on with things and do well for the team,”

“As far as I know, he is still at the club at the moment. Whether anything has happened that I don’t know about is a different matter but I’m pretty sure he’ll be playing on Wednesday.”

“Him asking to leave or leaving is not something that I’m aware of. I haven’t been told by anyone that there has been a bid and I’m sure that I would be informed by someone if anything like that had happened.”

“Obviously, he’s a good player and Steven has been playing well. He is obviously someone who is very important to the team.”

There are some players you want to keep, not only because they are good players, but they define the Tyneside club.

And because Steven is local, supported Newcatsle all his life and let’s face it, is like the rest of us and just Newcastle daft, he’s  just the type of player who can propel us back to the Premier League at our first attempt.

It will be a sad day indeed, if Steven leaves the Newcastle club before the end of this transfer window.

Howay The Lads!!

• cooldj

Aug 18, 2009 at 10:08 AM

1st 🙂

• batty

Aug 18, 2009 at 10:13 AM

seeing that they say taylor is going know where most prob be of this week then

• Toon Graeme

Aug 18, 2009 at 10:14 AM

On Saturday I thought he was saying goodbye to the club like habib did! I may be wrong.

• Monster

Aug 18, 2009 at 10:16 AM

Means nothing. We’re all aware of Hughton’s non involvement with transfers. Taylor could have signed for Everton and played in his debut and Hughton still wouldn’t know he’d gone.

• NUFC-0809-Oh Dear

Aug 18, 2009 at 10:30 AM

That makes me even more worried that Tayls is on his way.

Hughton said Bass, Beye and Oba were not leaving and where are they now Chris?

Its similar to the other Blog re: Hughton knowing nothing on Sol Campbell coming in – Simply because hughton is there as a COACH not as a boss, all this is going on well above his head!

• belfast toon

Aug 18, 2009 at 10:33 AM

Hoping for some good news soon this is like Xmas eve.

I CAN’T WAIT!!!

Come on give us something to shout about. The whole of Belfast is going to hear me.

• King Bob the first

Aug 18, 2009 at 10:47 AM

It could be the fact that we have a new manager/owner waiting in for paper to finalize and are suggesting which players to keep and buy at the moment?

• premier

Aug 18, 2009 at 10:54 AM

Surely he is going somewhere–Cardiff Sat and looking forward to Barnsley, Doncaster, Scunthorpe, Swansea…….

• Whumpie

Aug 18, 2009 at 1:24 PM

I think the press had it right yesterday: he’s had interest and will take the best offer if Ashley stays.

Can’t blame him, but it would be a terrible blow to see wor Tayls leave. He represents the future of the club as far as I’m concerned, and if he gives up then we really are in trouble.

Still – I don’t think he’ll go. Don’t know why – perhaps I can’t deal with the alternative…

• toonluvva

Aug 18, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Perhaps the press were reading too much into Taylors actions at the end of the match. It could be simply that he wanted to thank the 37k who had turned up & got behind the team.

Of course MA could be on the verge of selling Taylor to the highest bidder, but that would true of any of the current players.

Lets just wait and see who is in the team for the match against Sheff Weds.

• ende

Aug 18, 2009 at 4:44 PM

If he goes, it’s rock bottom, and time to put a bullet in ashely’s smug head