Enrique Says Hard Work Will Get The Job Done

We hope we can keep Jose Enrique this season, because he’s just the type of player who has the guts and glory to play well for Newcastle and help get us promoted.

jose enrique  -100007751

Jose Enrique – looking forward to playing a lot more this season

And hard work doesn’t scare Jose, who is only too willing to get stuck in,  and play in every game for Newcastle this season, if he can.

The Spaniard also thinks Newcastle must maintain their hard work ethic when Sheffield Wednesday visit St. James’ Park tonight.

The former La Liga star has said he has quickly come to grips with the tough nature of the Championship league, after just two games, and believes his adjustment to the second division is going very well.

The popular left back told the Evening Chronicle today:

“I think it’s hard work and not the same as the Premier League.” “We know how hard it is, we have eight extra league games and the cups as well.”

“We made mistakes last season and now we need to go up again.” “That can only be done with hard work.”

“We must play the same tonight as we did Saturday.”

Enrique has now made 56 appearances for Newcastle in the last couple of seasons, and has started 49 games and he’s made the left back spot his own.

And it looks like Jose has no intention of  leaving Tyneside, as he has hopes to make a lot more  appearances for the Magpies by the end of this season.

Jose continued:

“I’m ready to play in every game.” “Maybe I won’t be saying that after 30 games!”

“But I’m ready for it, I am playing in my position at a big club and I want to play in all of the games.”

“I understand what English football is about.”

“It will be intense and we have to be ready for it.”

We like Jose and we like his fighting spirit on the field, and he’s not too bad a player of course too, and set up the vital first goal for Shola with a terrific attacking cross from the left wing on Saturday.

He’s one to keep this season – for sure.

• Magpietillidie22

Aug 19, 2009 at 12:43 PM

Enriques attitude has impressed me and he gets better and better with every game too

• Mark-o

Aug 19, 2009 at 12:44 PM

nee sh*t sherlock!!

Off topic but Ashleys daughter is canny fit like! Shame her dads a tosser!

• Magpietillidie22

Aug 19, 2009 at 12:47 PM

lmao mark-o, now that is the best off topic effort ive seen all day

• Isaac Hunt

Aug 19, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Marko: Yeah. I wish here dad was better looking. What? hahaha

• long_live_sir_bob

Aug 19, 2009 at 1:03 PM

enrique is deffo getting better with experiance hopefully we can keep a hold of him

predictions for tonights line up??

• bill

Aug 19, 2009 at 1:12 PM

I don’t think that we should insult someones family even if they are related to Mike Ashley.

I think that we are better than that.

• Magpietillidie22

Aug 19, 2009 at 1:17 PM

“mark o i think you should try your luck with the tossers daughter, I heard the whole family like to f**k the geordie fans!!”

I dont think theyd take that as much of an insult, they would merely shrug their shoulders, nod in agreement and guzzle a couple pints.

• Whumpie

Aug 19, 2009 at 1:24 PM

Off-topic is an art.

Aaaahnyway. Enrique: yep, like him a lot. Real attacking full-back; links up beautifully with “My Ugly Pony” on the left.

If Jonas learns how to cross and shoot, they’ll be a real force. If either of them stays, of course.

Got to give Jonas his due, though – he had two good shots on goal at the weekend and showed a lot more class in his finish. He also faffed, scuffed and fell over the ball, but hey – a bit of both is a distinct improvement!

Dunno what wages those two are on, though – not sure if they represent value for money over probably half a dozen cheaper players, given the size of our squad.

I hope we keep them. Ship out Barton (in a body bag, preferably), Xisco, Colo (not sure after Sat – he was good), Geremi.

• Whumpie

Aug 19, 2009 at 1:30 PM

Ooh – fickle moment alert: could Geremi actually be useful this season? He’s a big, experienced, hard-as-nails good crosser of the ball. Slow, but perhaps good in the CCC?

Mind you, if he’s on 60k a week, get rid. You can get 4 Lua Luas for that.

• bill

Aug 19, 2009 at 1:36 PM

I think Enrique is an excellent full back. Strong player and gets forward in support of attacks.

Newcastle just need someone in the middle of the back four to get it organised. That’s why I think Sol Campbell would be a good addition to the team.

• punk skunk...

Aug 19, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Whumpie,
    yea, on Geremi…Either keep him & play him or get shot of him…No point keepin’ him on those wages if we’re not gonna play him!..

• punk skunk...

Aug 19, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Aye bill,
    good shout man!..

• Tanzy

Aug 19, 2009 at 2:37 PM

any1 ot an insie infoon anytransfers or takeover

• Hekvig

Aug 19, 2009 at 2:56 PM

Hi!
    I have a question not regardin the article. Im trying to get in touch with NUFC box office to buy tickets for the away game at Ipswich, but no emailadress that i have mailed works. And i have the slight problem that im from sweden so email is the prefered method of communication. Does anyone know how the get in touch with them to get som tickets with the awayfans…

• davis_toons

Aug 19, 2009 at 3:45 PM

He doesnt just have the guts and glory to play well for Newcastle and help get us promoted.

MOST IMPORTANTLY HE HAS THE SKILL TO BRING THE BALL UP AND ATTACK.
    AND WILLING TO IMPROVE

• stavtoon

Aug 19, 2009 at 3:49 PM

Hekvig dont email through nufc.co.uk us your email preference it was the same for me til i used incredimail

• davis_toons

Aug 19, 2009 at 3:50 PM

His nick “BULL” doesnt just stand for nothing.

• Hekvig

Aug 19, 2009 at 4:06 PM

staytoon, tried direct via my own mailaccount but that doesnt work for me either…