The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Lovenkrands Waiting For Offer From Newcastle

10:22 am, Saturday, August 22nd, 2009 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 16 Comments

Peter Lovenkrands, the Danish winger has confirmed that he would welcome a return to the Tyneside club, but Newcastle have yet to make a concrete offer to the player.

Peter Lovenkrands 4

Peter Lovenkrands – would be great signing

Lovenkrands has been training with his old team Rangers in Glasgow, where his in-laws live, trying to keep himself fit, and apparently has several offers from European clubs.

But the 29-year-old has played in Germany (Scalke 04), and his Scottish wife Teresa just hated it there, and Peter would like to settle in England (or Scotland).

Peter told the Journal this morning:

“Of course I would be interested in coming back to Newcastle. I really enjoyed my time at the club and would certainly be interested in hearing what they had to say,”

“As far as I know there has been nothing concrete from them although there has been a bit of interest. I have had a few offers from other clubs as well and there are a few things on the table at the moment for me.”

“I know Newcastle are a Championship club now but they still have great fans and I don’t think they will be in the Championship for long.”

“Of course it is a consideration (playing Premier League football) but Newcastle are a big club. They got 43,000 fans for the last game, it is great the fans are still backing the team.”

If Lovenkrands wants to come and we are short of strikers and wingers, which we are after Martins, Owen, Viduka and Duff have all left, why wouldn’t we snap this player up?

Normal people in charge would do just that but unfortunately Ashley and Llambias are hardly normal football people – in fact they are not football people at all.

Unfortunately they are completely incompetent at running a football club.

They’ve proved again and again these last 12 months of hell, in charge of Newcastle, and are still busy showing their disdain for the club, its fans and players even now, with just 9 days in the transfer window remaining.

It would help a lot if they communicated with their fans and players, but they just ignore them.

And apparently Lovenkrands is yet to be offered a contract by Newcastle.

But the player himself was present at last weekend’s game against Reading – and told supporters that he would love to move to Newcastle.

There’s just 9 days to go of a 14 week summer season, and we’ve signed one player and lost eight – what’s wrong with this picture?

It’s hard to imagine, if Ashley had gone out after relegation and tried to decimate the Tyneside club, how he could have come up with a better plan than that which he has been on since the end of May.

Newcastle and Ashley are like oil and water – they just don’t mix.

Tags: Newcastle News · Peter Lovenkrands · Transfer News and Rumours

16 responses so far ↓

• 1 JinkyGenius // Aug 22, 2009 at 10:33 AM

It’s the manifest lack of boardroom brains that is pissing me off. Fergie took little Micky on a clever (or not so clever looking at his performance against Burnley) performance related deal. If committing the club to a new signing for 3 years is seen to endanger negotiations, then sign PK on a monthly rolling contract until waters clear. I’m sure he would go for it as it leaves him better off than present and puts him in the shop window for other clubs, it gives WonderChris more options and presents no risk to NUFC owners current or future.

Hold on, I forgot about the ‘I’ word; when was initiative last considered a positive attribute in Tyneside…?

• 2 AussieToon // Aug 22, 2009 at 10:34 AM

Get him in for crying out loud!!!!!

• 3 will die for the toon army // Aug 22, 2009 at 10:48 AM

Lovenkrands better than all the strikers we have right now I love Loverboy

• 4 dougnufc // Aug 22, 2009 at 10:50 AM

loverkrands = pace!!!

• 5 geordieboy // Aug 22, 2009 at 10:51 AM

I’ve been saying all summer long before I even knew we’d let him go that lovenkrands was worth keeping. He’s got bags of pace and a great finish and cost us nowt to bring him in. Why we now haven’t snapped him back up after loosing all of our main strikers and much of our creative wing play is utterly beyond me it really is. Of Enrique and jonas go then I’m afraid it’s life in oblivion for the toon, and don’t even get me started on the Taylor saga. BRING PETER BACK FFS!

• 6 will die for the toon army // Aug 22, 2009 at 10:57 AM

dougnufc, Dont forget he can also score

• 7 repo // Aug 22, 2009 at 11:00 AM

No when we dropped down he was bragging that he wanted to go to sunderland and get me out of here..

and started to slag off the club for us kicking him out via letter..

now he wants to come back ..

get stuffed.. rather play nile ranger..

• 8 Solaidback // Aug 22, 2009 at 11:14 AM

will die for the toon army // Aug 22, 2009 at 10:48 AM

Lovenkrands better than all the strikers we have right now I love Loverboy
    ————————————————————

How can you say that, Shola has scored 4 in 2 games, Nile Ranger is a pacey forward who scored loads for the reserves & Englan U19′s but Houghton seems not to want to play him up front, instead he sticks with Carrol who’s done nowt in my book apart form getting booked for fouls, so why not have Ranger & Shola upfront against Palace & see what they can do!!

I’d like Loverboy to join us & put him on the right wing & Jonas on the left :)

• 9 Toonmania // Aug 22, 2009 at 11:18 AM

Repo,
    that was all paper talk, did you hear it from the player himself ??
    there’s been alot of cr*p about us no need to add to the rumours

• 10 Sav // Aug 22, 2009 at 11:31 AM

Failure to sign Lovo at this stage of the season when its a badly kept secret he’d jump at the chance to return is not just stupidity, its perversity.

• 11 Sav // Aug 22, 2009 at 11:38 AM

Not sure which is more gobsmackingly amazing – the fact that we’ve not snapped up Lovo and Campbell when we are so desperate to reinforce the squad, or the fact that a couple of very decent players would be standing outside the tradesman’s entrance of SJP waiting to be asked.

• 12 repo // Aug 22, 2009 at 11:39 AM

yes i do as i work at st james and seen the letter they posted towards him…

• 13 dougnufc // Aug 22, 2009 at 11:47 AM

solaidback

i disagree with you that carroll has done nothing. he assisted shola for the goal on wednesday. hes hardworking and wins almost all the aerial balls. good player.

• 14 Darling27 // Aug 22, 2009 at 11:58 AM

We must get Lovenkrands in!!!

• 15 Mongo // Aug 22, 2009 at 12:38 PM

repo // Aug 22, 2009 at 11:39 AM

yes i do as i work at st james and seen the letter they posted towards him…
    __________________________________

You must be in a position of great importance to have seen a letter that the Club forwarded to a player stating his contact would not be renewed.

Pull the other one you muppet!

Next you will be saying you work in a secretarial position from DL/MA and you wrote it – But to be honest with your blatant disregard for correct grammar I seriously doubt it.

Back on topic – I would love Peter to sign for us again, gives us another outlet up front, the bot can run! Unlike Shola who just waits for the ball to come to his feet!!

Climb back under whatever rock you came from.

• 16 Mongo // Aug 22, 2009 at 12:40 PM

Ha ha ha – I post about someones grammar then have a finger spaz attack and forget how to spell/write!!

previous post: Chance To Sign Sol Campbell May Have Gone