Darren Ambrose – Newcastle Played Like Premier League Side

Former Newcastle midfielder Ambrose was impressed by his former team in Saturday’s 2-0 win, and has tipped the Tyneside club to win promotion at the first attempt.

darren ambrose 123

Darren Ambrose – they played like a Premier League side

Darren, who played over 40 times for Newcastle, went to Charlton Athletic, then back to Ipswich before ending up at Crystal Palace this summer.

Darren said today:

“They played like a Premier League side,” “They didn’t rush, they weren’t physical. They relaxed on the ball and I think that showed. I think they will go up automatically.”

“We have only played a few games but they have been the best team we have played so far. A team like Newcastle should never have been relegated in the first place. They are a massive club.”

“I had two-and-a-half years there and I enjoyed my time,” “I played under the great Sir Bobby (Robson) and really enjoyed myself so I am pleased to see them doing well. They are a massive club.”

“They should never have been in a position like this but they are dealing with it at the moment.”

We shouldn’t have been relegated but we were, and the only thing that matters now is getting back to the Premier League, and every single league win we get this long season,  will take us closer to that goal.

It’s really that simple – we need win after win to ensure we get back at the very first attempt, and there can be no letting up.

• Gallowgate

Aug 24, 2009 at 9:50 AM

I am not sure if this is significant but ere goes anyway.MA’s Heli pilot normally submits flight plans for benton hq or city heliport 24 hrs in advance as is the requirement for none emergency heli flights in NE airspace.No such flight plans have been submitted at any time in the last 3 days.So if MA is coming he aint doing it by his usual route.I don’t think he would need to be here either way it goes but like I say I don’t know if it means anything.

• newcastle29

Aug 24, 2009 at 9:57 AM

Gallowgate.

Hmmm i don’t think it means anything tbh, you can make an announcement from anywhere!

• spiderpig

Aug 24, 2009 at 9:57 AM

shame they didnt play like one when in the premier league

• Magpietillidie22

Aug 24, 2009 at 10:04 AM

Spiderpig – thats because the current toon team are better than championship sides but not better than prem sides.

I went to the palace game and the atmosphere was brilliant even in the pub before the game! The gulf between our quality and that of palace was enormous. If we played like we did in the first half throughout the rest of the game we would have been looking at a 6-0 scoreline easily.

2nd half we took foot off the pedal and other than when the palace fans started fighting between themselves (LOL CHEERIO) there wasnt much to talk about.

We will get promoted so long as we dont lose anymore players

• NUFC-0809-Oh Dear

Aug 24, 2009 at 10:06 AM

Gallowgate,

I dont think a SALE announcement would really include Ca$hely anyway, he will either send Lambs-ar$e or a $eymour Price official to introduce the new owner.

• Solaidback

Aug 24, 2009 at 10:06 AM

I think you’ll find that he’s already in the NE according to some crap-loids this mornings, so doesn’t need to travel via Helo or any other kind of transport 🙂

As for Ambrose, I quite liked him when he played for us, shame he’s now playing for a W. anker like Warnock, who said he didn’t think we played that well & only won because his team didn’t challenge us enough…. Hello….. if they were any good, we wouldn’t have scored twice in 20mins…. Maybe people like him should concentrate more on their own teams instead of belittling others…

• M.Stockley

Aug 24, 2009 at 10:16 AM

solaidback- warnock is an utter bell along with phil brown and pancake face bruce he is the biggest knob in football management…i agree with your comments

• RyanToon

Aug 24, 2009 at 10:17 AM

zzzzzzzzz

• onepeterb

Aug 24, 2009 at 10:18 AM

As I posted earlier Radio Newcastle are reported that the announcement has been postponed until later in the week.!!!!

• toonsy

Aug 24, 2009 at 10:19 AM

If reports are true and Ashley has been in the NE over the weekend, then hopefully that means some movement and we could yet get the announcement we want!

What does everyone want by the way? I would like Lamearse sacked, Moat given control, even if it means Ashley stays on as a percentage shareholder. As long as Moat is making the decisions becasue he is a fan and wants to see us do well as much as we do.

• belfast toon

Aug 24, 2009 at 10:23 AM

Someone mentioned earlier that we should play the kids on wed in the carling cup to prevent against injurys lets hope so, who cares about any of the cups we need to concetrate 100% on getting back up.It would be great for lua lua ranger xisco and the like.

Will chris think the same way?

• Solaidback

Aug 24, 2009 at 10:24 AM

Well I’ve just seen this on the Official site: http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1766459,00.html

They’re preparing something dated today!!!

• shrews mag

Aug 24, 2009 at 10:27 AM

Magpietillidie22 // Aug 24, 2009 at 10:04 AM

I was also at the game … the palace fans were not fighting between themselves … there were missiles (coins and lighters) being thrown and he was spotted as a thrower … police asked him to leave … which he didn’t take kindly to .. he struggled a bit … but it was very amusing …!

• RyanToon

Aug 24, 2009 at 10:28 AM

solaidback

something is happening then, defo today 🙂

• Magpietillidie22

Aug 24, 2009 at 10:32 AM

shrews mag – oh ok, by the time i looked over it just looked like a fight broke out to us in W block. Either way they were idiots and it was pretty funny.

Good atmosphere though wasnt it

• Solaidback

Aug 24, 2009 at 10:37 AM

RyanToon // Aug 24, 2009 at 10:28 AM

solaidback

something is happening then, defo today
    ———————————————————–

Well its dated today, whether that changes to tomorrow or the day after I don’t know, I’m just posting what I’ve seen & proving that with the link so you can see it too, I’m not telling porkies unlike most of the crap-loids do.. 😉

• shrews mag

Aug 24, 2009 at 10:37 AM

Magpietillidie22 // Aug 24, 2009 at 10:32 AM

… fantastic atmosphere … we were in y block on the end of the 8th row closest to the away fans …

to be fair their self proclaimed ‘ultra’ fans in the corner contributed to the atmosphere with a lot of singing.

thought their song ‘you’re just a small town is scotland’ was quite amusing

… great game … great result …

• toonarmy_72

Aug 24, 2009 at 10:41 AM

I believe there will be announcement today…. Website is ready for it, David Craig will be at NUFC today for SSN…..

Not sure what to expect, head says Ashley is staying and will give CH an CC the job till end of the season, but heart says Ashley reign is finnaly over….. And AS will be back???

I think it will be announced about 12-2pm….

Ill be checking every 5mins in between finishing my last essay for my degree…….. Slow work day ahead….

Gx

• Geordie-Gerrard7

Aug 24, 2009 at 10:43 AM

harry worth- the announcement is looming

• Solaidback

Aug 24, 2009 at 10:44 AM

That link has gone now!!!!!!!

• Solaidback

Aug 24, 2009 at 10:57 AM

What a load of rubbish,.. the statement said he’s given Moat longer to come up with the money, so Ashley is still in charge until later this week, at whihc point he’ll make another statement!!!!

• Whumpie

Aug 24, 2009 at 10:57 AM

I think we’re seeing just how big a part confidence plays when you’ve got highly-strung (and not very bright) players and chaos at a club. Last season it was nothing but lurching from one crisis to another, and they all fell apart.

This season they’ve realised that they should be able to win any game. Suddenly, Jonas can cross, Ryan knows where the net is and even Colo decided that Taylor shouldn’t need to clean up after him.

Long may it continue. Great start.

Oh, and yep – play the kids on Wednesday. Love to see Lua Lua, Ranger and co tear into Clark’s boys.

• Lew Davies

Aug 24, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Gonna be a VERY small crowd on wed.
    15-20,000 max

• Trent Toon

Aug 24, 2009 at 2:50 PM

Newcastle United will come out of this stronger- if we get promoted….. All our wuss players and expensive players will be gone and our financials will be much healthier, however we must get promoted!!!