Ryan Taylor Scores Superb Goal

If Wayne Rooney or Didier Drogba had scored the goal that Ryan scored on Saturday the press would have been hailing the goal as a truly great one.

ryan-taylor-ert

Ryan Taylor – when he arrived in January

But this is Newcastle and Ryan Taylor, so it hardly gets a mention, but of course we are also finding out that Championship games hardly get a mention,  as live TV is completely dominated by the Premier League.

Ryan has finally scored a goal as good as the four he scored against Newcastle before he arrives on Tyneside.

Saturday’s effort was  just a terrific left foot curling shot from the edge of the penalty area, that was a delight to watch.

And it seems like Ryan Taylor has become a big fan of Chris Hughton’s as he said today:

“He’s done a fantastic job since he came in,”

“The lads have all got behind him and we would love to see him stay for a long time.”

“If a new owner wants to keep him here, then we would be happy.”

Hughton’s immediate future may even be decided today, as we all await the announcement on the status of the Newcastle sale to Barry Moat.

• Widowmaker

Aug 24, 2009 at 9:44 AM

Well, to be fair to the press, we wouldn’t care less about the wonder goals scored in the conference, would we?

Having said that, I’ve noticed that, BBC was a bit more friendly with us while Big Al was the manager. Is it just me?

• cam_toon

Aug 24, 2009 at 9:48 AM

Well they were not this week. West brom recieved limited highlights. We basically got the two goals and one Harper save.

Welcome to the Arse end of UK fotty boys.

• Solaidback

Aug 24, 2009 at 9:57 AM

I wrote to Sky Sports & complained about there Sunday Supplement programme as it always seems to concentrate on the PL & especially the top 4 teams, which is pathetic considering its meant to be about the headline sports but all they talk about is the top 4 & the only mention other teams if they’ve played the top 4…..
    I was particulary pi$$ed about the comment Shaun Custis made when asked about Newcastle, he said “Do I have too, they’re not in the Premier now” that really boied my pee, which made me write to them!!
    I thought he was a Geordie & a Newcastle supporter to boot, obviously not!!! To$$er!!

• Solaidback

Aug 24, 2009 at 9:59 AM

As for Ryans goal, it was a season winner easily & lets hope it opens the flood gates for more of them, nice to see 2 virgin scorers bag their first & away from home too.. 🙂

• will die for the toon army

Aug 24, 2009 at 10:01 AM

That is life, they never care about the lower teams. NUFC is being talked abt more even if Pompey and Birmingham also are on Sale

• will die for the toon army

Aug 24, 2009 at 10:04 AM

Let me ask does ED, ever sleep. Thanks Ed for the updates

• Solaidback

Aug 24, 2009 at 10:11 AM

I wonder how many TOON fans are online right now waiting to hear this supposed announcement by Ashley??? I bet ist 10’s of thousands all over the world.. lol

Also,. was this SUPPOSED announcement published on the Official site or is it just another crap-loid mis-story to get us the fans wound up again??

• M.Stockley

Aug 24, 2009 at 10:11 AM

great goal, it was defo due-an apology maybe for scoring so many belters agasinst us

• punk skunk...

Aug 24, 2009 at 10:28 AM

Knew he had it in him!..

…More please Ryan & Kevin…

…Both are startin’ to settle in to the team!..

• Whumpie

Aug 24, 2009 at 10:31 AM

I’ve yet to get at highlights of Saturday’s match, but from what I can gather there were some cracking performances. Most importantly, Colo and Ryan seem to have done really well, which shows that perhaps some of these players will start to deliver once confidence returns.

I believe R. Taylor also delivered a decent spot-kick at last in the previous match, so perhaps we finally have our dead ball man? His throw-ins are amazing, so if he can do both, he’s going to be a vital player for us.

• roscoe

Aug 24, 2009 at 10:35 AM

who was the source of this supposed announcement?