I’m A Geordie And This Is My Club – Steven Taylor

Steven Taylor has again said this morning he has no intention of leaving Newcastle United and says he has not been contacted by other clubs.

steven-taylor-6522

Steven Taylor – going nowhere

Following Newcastle’s relegation from the Premier League at the end of last season, a mass exodus of 10 players has taken place at St James’ Park, and Steven has been linked with a move away from the club.

And happily Chris Hughton said earlier in the week there had been no approaches for Taylor, and is also unaware of any interest.

Taylor told The People today:

“I’m going nowhere. I’m a Geordie and this is my club,” “This is where I want to be.”

“I’ve heard all the talk about me leaving in the past couple of weeks, but no-one has contacted either me or my representatives and that suits me down to the ground.”

“I’ve even heard I’ll be going in the January transfer window, but as far as I’m concerned I’ll be here for the rest of the season – and longer if possible.”

“I am committed to Newcastle United and I hope I prove that every time I pull on the black and white shirt.”

You usually hear about players putting themselves on the market by their comments, and it’s unusual for them to put it out, they are not interested in any club’s approach.

But as Steven intimates, when you are raised in the area, there’s no other team you want to play for than Newcastle United.

That’s just the way it is.

And we’ve seen from the likes of Alan Shearer, Lee Clark and so many many others, that the local lads will run through a brick wall for the club.

That’s great to hear – but we’re not suggesting they actually do that right now, because of our injury problems. 😀

And we’ve noticed when young lads are signed by the Academy, wherever they come from, they quickly grow an affinity to both Newcastle, the area, and the fans.

We’ve seen that recently with Tim Krul, Tamas Kadar and Nile Ranger to name but three.

Which reminds us – we need to keep scouting and bringing in these youngsters to Newcastle, and we haven’t signed any youngsters this summer.

Of course we haven’t really signed anybody this summer, apart from Danny Simpson on loan from the Red Devils.

And speaking of Danny, surely he is a stayer on Tyneside, and he talks like he’s been at the club for years.

He must have had a few past lifetimes on Tyneside, that’s all we can suggest for his immediate love of the club and the fans. 😀

And we know it was Tyneside and not Wearside, because he’s already blasted Sunderland as being a smaller club than the Magpie, even though he was on loan to Sunderland a couple of years back.

• Champaz

Aug 30, 2009 at 11:40 AM

were you on the drink last night ed, lots of intersting spelling there. hope steven taylor stays forever

• gibbotwg

Aug 30, 2009 at 11:42 AM

Any ideas on what the squad for monday may be, with ameobi, carroll, xisco, jonas all out injured?

• Dan4Toon

Aug 30, 2009 at 11:48 AM

gibbotwg // Aug 30, 2009 at 11:42 AM

_________________________________

Harper
    Simpson S.Taylor Colo Enrique
    Barton Guthrie Smith(c) R.Taylor
    Nolan Ranger

Subs: Krul, Kadar, Butt, Geremi, Lualua, Vuckic, Donaldson

I WOULD GUESS THAT MATE :)!

• gibbotwg

Aug 30, 2009 at 11:51 AM

3Dan4Toon, thats seems about right, i think Vuckic will be in the squad as he didnt play for the u18’s at the weekend.

• Dan4Toon

Aug 30, 2009 at 11:55 AM

Yeah noticed that :), usually i hate the 2 week international break but it could come at a better time for us because i just gives everyone a chance to get fit again again and they wont be many on international duty really apart from Coloccini, Xisco(if he’s fit), Geremi, Krul because i doubt Carroll and Jonas will be 🙂

• Rodzilla

Aug 30, 2009 at 11:58 AM

…..”when you are raised in the area, there’s no other team you want to play for than Newcastle United. That’s just the way it is. And we’ve seen from the likes of Alan Shearer, Lee Clark….”

Was that before or after Clarky played for the mackems. Ed? 😉

• Geordie Cobbler

Aug 30, 2009 at 12:02 PM

What a guy, attitude is just spot on!

This is Stevie Taylors year!

• Tal_nufc4eva

Aug 30, 2009 at 12:05 PM

aye anah champaz 4 once ed didnt spell a single word wrong :). ed ya nah wa jokin man!:)!. taylor,enrique,simpson,taylor. <—— our main defence and they all say they luv the toon and neva want to leave thats why they ar doing so well this season. haway tha ladz!!!!!! p.s wish there would be some news before tomorrow about a new striker cumin in, wudnt mind mikkey chopra back to be honest!

• magpie6699

Aug 30, 2009 at 12:06 PM

Dan4Toon – spot on with the line-up – that’s my guess too> We’ll miss Shola’s silky touch though ( am I really saying that??)

• bill

Aug 30, 2009 at 12:07 PM

Rodzilla:
    Remember Jigsaw never wanted to leave Newcastle. I don’t think his heart was ever with Sunderland but he is a professional footballer and has to go where he can earn a living.

• Partizan

Aug 30, 2009 at 12:09 PM

—————————-Harper—————————
    Simpson———Taylor———Colo———–Enrique

—————————-Butt——————————
    –Lua Lua—————————————–R.Taylor
    ————————–Barton—————————–
    —————Ranger————-Nolan——————-

• Rodzilla

Aug 30, 2009 at 12:11 PM

…spose he did wear an SMB t-shirt at Wembley, whilst still the mackems’ captain. Fair play. I was being too pedantic there.

• Partizan

Aug 30, 2009 at 12:17 PM

This is the best one according to me

—————————–Harper————————–
    Simpson———-Taylor———Colo———Enrique

—————————–Barton————————–
    —-Geremi————————————-R.Taylor–
    —————————–Nolan—————————
    —————–Smith—————Ranger————

• magpie6699

Aug 30, 2009 at 12:24 PM

Partizan – I’m afraid Geremi would only get in my team if it was table football. He struggled to break into a fast walk on Wednesday.

• boater

Aug 30, 2009 at 12:34 PM

TAL… Chopra just signed for cardiff this summer – so he couldn’t play for us even if we wanted him… the 3 club/ year rule innit? COuld be wrong. Same goes for Ambrose who I would also have back in a flash…

I could be wrong on that one leek, Mag6699….
    I think Geremi was decent .. I’ve always rated him though – wished Shearer had used him for his crossing last season… pah..

harper/
    simpson/taylor/colo/enrique
    taylor/smith/barton/nolan/lua lua
    ranger

• sirjasontoon

Aug 30, 2009 at 12:57 PM

Steven Taylor…..Your attitude is spot on,Wish we had more players that understand the words “Loyalty” ,”Passion” and “Pride”.

• Nick D

Aug 30, 2009 at 1:15 PM

Champaz – that’s a classic when you can’t even spell interesting !!

• Rodzilla

Aug 30, 2009 at 1:31 PM

He must be on a wind-up Nick D, as far as I can see there aren’t any spelling mistakes – although Ed did use the singular rather than plural when referencing the ‘Magpies’

• AngerOfTheNorth

Aug 30, 2009 at 1:43 PM

Hmmm… Steven’s my favourite player and I know he supports the Toon, but is no one else a bit wary that he left it so long before coming out and saying that he doesn’t want to go anywhere? Obviously he’s going nowhere now, the window’s nearly shut, but if he’d said this weeks ago it’d have meant a lot more.

Same goes for Enrique.

• Lew Davies

Aug 30, 2009 at 4:40 PM

Partizan – I like your first diamond formation, but I would play smith in place of butt(cheeks).