Kadar Misses International Tournament – Helps Out Newcastle

Tamas Kadar will need to put his international career on hold for the sake of Newcastle United, and he doesn’t mind that one little bit.

tamas kadar wer

Tamas Kadar – wants to help Newcastle to promotion

The 6′ 2″ defender was set to be called up by Hungary for the prestigious Under-20 World Cup in Egypt in late September, but Newcastle have asked Kadar to stay on Tyneside, and miss the 3 week long tournament, to help the Tyneside club.

The 19-year-old very promising youngster seems happy to stay, as it means he is thought highly of by manager Chris Hughton.

Kadar told the Shields Gazette today:

“Newcastle said I can’t go,” “I will stay here and do my best because my club is Newcastle, and if Newcastle say, ‘stay here’, then I stay here.”

“It’s the World Cup for the Under-20s, which is for three weeks.” “It’s a long time to be away from here, and I want to play in the Newcastle first team.”

“If I go home, I’ll do my best there, but if I stay here, then I’ll do my best for Newcastle.’ “Wherever I am, I want to play.”

Tamas is a great prospect at Newcastle, but if the club signs 20 year old Craig Cathcart, from the Red Devils, on loan this coming Tuesday, there will be significant competition for the Hungarian in central defense.

But Kadar  can also play at left back, and if Jose Enrique is ever injured this season, Tamas could get his chance at left-back. That’s the way Seb Bassong got his breakthrough last year at Newcastle, and we all know how good the Frenchman turned out.

Kadar got  his first start against Lee Clark’s Huddersfield a week last Wednesday alongside Danny Simpson.

And Kadar was a late substitute in Monday night’s great 1-0 win over Leicester City, when he turned out in central midfield as Newcastle saw that game out.

Hungary begin their Under-20 World Cup campaign against Honduras on September 27.

• Alex

Sep 5, 2009 at 1:08 PM

Are Newcastle allowed to refuse to release him when he is called up . I thought FiFa rules meant that clubs where not allowed to pull thier players out of selection unless injured

• The_Legend_Of_Jonas

Sep 5, 2009 at 1:12 PM

Some of the youngsters we have at the moment are twice the professionals as most of the first team last season..

• Dan4Toon

Sep 5, 2009 at 1:14 PM

The_Legend_Of_Jonas // Sep 5, 2009 at 1:12 PM

________________________________

Totally agree!

• JinkyGenius

Sep 5, 2009 at 1:55 PM

I hope we don’t take such maturity for granted. We seen to have a very level headed and talented group of youngsters that we could build a very special team around – we need to cut them some slack when things get a little easier. Top marks to the lad.

• sirjasontoon

Sep 5, 2009 at 2:16 PM

The attitude coming from these youngsters is spot on…I think they should be bled in the cups to get experience.

I really haven’t missed players like Martins,Duke,Duffer and Owen to name a few,glad they have gone.

• Trent Toon

Sep 5, 2009 at 2:48 PM

Screw Cathart, We want Tamas!!!!

• 09-10 return of the gud times

Sep 5, 2009 at 2:51 PM

hi
    does anyone know of any buses that are travelling down to blackpool early i usually travel with back page but fancy making a day out of this one

• Doocey

Sep 5, 2009 at 3:03 PM

Hey Ed,
    Hope the surgery went well, still rolling out the articles anyway which is a good sign :0
    Doocey

• Bill F

Sep 5, 2009 at 3:51 PM

SirJay, are you suggesting some kind of ritual to mollify the gods of football, bleeding the youngsters is going a bit far innit.
    😉

• sirjasontoon

Sep 5, 2009 at 3:56 PM

;0
    Bill
    Yeah I am up for a bit of ToonVoodoo!
    I heard Galatasary used to sacrifice live sheep before matches haha

• Bill F

Sep 5, 2009 at 3:58 PM

SirJay, I’m sure we could all think of one fat sacrifice we would like to see. 🙂

• komfort

Sep 5, 2009 at 4:11 PM

hahaha…followed by a lambarse..

…pass the rusty knife & i’ll do it with pleasure.

• sirjasontoon

Sep 5, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Lambarse would love to meet my dads Nail Gun…
    Blam!!! Blam!! Blam!!

• Lew Davies

Sep 5, 2009 at 4:40 PM

I’m sure he will get some starts, what with the hectic schedule coming up. Player rotation is going to be paramount.

Good attitude from the lad, and the others too at the mo.

‘mon the lads.

• Alex

Sep 5, 2009 at 4:53 PM

There are good times ahead if this group continue to mature . A young team growing together , hopefully getting us promoted and then a push towards the top half of the prem . When these guys are heading into thier prime in another 4-5 years we could be the new Arsenal . With Kadar as the new Viera & Ranger the new Henry all lead by S Taylor . Well i can dream cant i ? 😉