Marlon Harewood Not Fit – Loan Deal Uncertain

Bad news as we approach Tuesday and the loan season opening for Football League clubs.

marlin harewood 1

Marlon Harewood – striker is not fit

The news is that Newcastle target Marlon Harewood of Aston Villa has been potentially shelved because the striker is not fit.

Newcastle boss Chris Hughton had pinpointed Harewood, 30, to add to Newcastle’s striking options.

But Marlon apparently still has a foot injury sustained in pre-season, and Villa say he should be fit by next Monday – well that’s good timing but we shouldn’t necessarily believe it.

Villa want to send Harewood to Newcastle on a three-month loan spell next Monday, but the Tyneside club also has other striker options in Marlon King of Wigan, and David Healy of Sunderland – or is that Martin Healy? 😀

We’d prefer King.

We should only get somebody in whose fit right now, since we may have to use them at Cardiff next Sunday.

Note: apologies for calling Healy – Martin Healy in the title of a recent article – and my son said I also said Ameobi was born in 1091. 🙁
I’m on these rather strong painkillers and have electricity passing through the tendon since the operation on Friday.
I also have to keep my ankle above my heart for another 7 days – so there’s a little Fog on the Tyne right now , and the Achilles still hurts like hell.

• Geordie-Gerrard7

Sep 6, 2009 at 11:43 PM

hope we get harewood

• pondering

Sep 7, 2009 at 12:26 AM

..hope you get your life sorted ged…you aint no geordie…yet……..but i dont mind.

• MacToon

Sep 7, 2009 at 12:27 AM

It would make sense to start a 3 month loan from when he is fit and right to play.

I think it’s bad how not one penny of supporters money has been invested this summer in purchasing players but instead we now rely on some loan dealings to get us through to January. I hope we don’t have any more major injuries.

• pondering

Sep 7, 2009 at 12:36 AM

G-G …ignore me i’m gonna kill mysel within the hour…..& then i’ll see you on .org.

• yanick

Sep 7, 2009 at 12:43 AM

hello

• pondering

Sep 7, 2009 at 12:46 AM

mac toon .. gan to see glasvegas & they’ll sort ya oot….

• alkinou

Sep 7, 2009 at 12:51 AM

MacToon

I hope at least that not spending any money on players will have improved are financial situation. If we get through to January just with the loan deals and have an improved financial situation we may just get bought (I’m probably going overboard there sadly 🙁 )

• padthemag

Sep 7, 2009 at 2:05 AM

dont understand why we dont try to get lucas neil hes out of contract would do well 4 us i reckon

• Trent Toon

Sep 7, 2009 at 3:28 AM

I actually would rather xisco! I know you guys might not agree, but we massively mis judged the lad…

Videos from him at deportivo:

Both videos he is wearing a white head band… Coloccini is seen in both these videos aswell.. But xisco looks impressive and i can see why Dennis wise and Jiminez saw this fella, he is class! I actually would prefer him over harewood!

• ToonTonic

Sep 7, 2009 at 5:47 AM

Hope you get will soon Sir Ed Harrison 😉

As for The Hare coming to Toon…Me not worried when we got the Ranger on call 🙂

• lesh

Sep 7, 2009 at 8:07 AM

There’s just no stopping your wrining had Ed!

Take it easy and let’s hope for a speedy and pain-free recovery.

• Bigbadbob

Sep 7, 2009 at 8:11 AM

One more transfer window and one last chance for the club to get it right but who is targeting these players?
    Marlon King comes with more baggage than a 747 and is appearing in court next month for assaulting a woman, havent we had enough of this kind of news print.
    Harewood has been injured, so who has been scouting him.
    Healy, average and adequate player.
    The recent conduct of our board points to cheap options at centre half and centre forward, quality wont come into it and they will be signed to appease the fans.

• pearceet

Sep 7, 2009 at 8:17 AM

Trent Toon // Sep 7, 2009 at 3:28 AM

I AGREE
    Haven’t given the lad a chance

• laurent32

Sep 7, 2009 at 8:53 AM

i’d rather not bring in anyone than take any of those 3 tbh. we have a very strong midfield and if we are very short we can always just play 4-5-1. infact, although shola is out, were not even that short up front really. when carroll returns we still have him, ranger, lovenkrands and nolan who can play up front so i’d rather stick with what weve got and give the kids more of a chance.
    defence is the main area we really need to get at least 1 or 2 new faces in as im not as convinced the youngsters coming through the ranks in those areas are up to the task yet.

• Trent Toon

Sep 7, 2009 at 9:06 AM

bring back rozenhal in defence haha

• Geordie-Gerrard7

Sep 7, 2009 at 9:23 AM

pondering- go and smash a trout you stupid piss flap

• glenworth

Sep 7, 2009 at 10:00 AM

harewood would be a waste of space anyway.
    we always go for the wrong players! i remember ashley young at watford, i blogged in suggestin we should buy this lad but no, 6 months later aston villa get him! we need new scouts!

• Whumpie

Sep 7, 2009 at 10:17 AM

Trent Toon – good god, have you not seen the quotes from Xisco today? That utter loser has just shown why all the managers hated him. He’s a workshy, handbag-holding cheating lazy git and we need permanently rid of him.

If you look on youtube you may even find clips of Titus looking world-class. Proves nowt.

As for Harwoods and others – forget ’em. Need another CB, a LB and a couple of very quick wingers. If we get another striker, we need a small, quick one – not yet another Big Lad.

• Trent Toon

Sep 7, 2009 at 11:02 AM

Whumpie // Sep 7, 2009 at 10:17 AM
    Yer i have heard the comments he made..
    But ask yourself this-would you want to leave if you had no game time and everyone hated you, for no reason at all? I would definitly leave!! He never gave him a chance and think he has been hard done by… We gave enrique time and now he is class, the same could have been for xisco…

And you think his attitude was bad, he said this

Asked about Keegan, he said: “This is football. Newcastle signed me. Sometimes trainers want you, sometimes not. At the moment it felt right. I just wanted to do my best and play.

“I only knew the story that Keegan was not the one who wanted to sign me afterwards.

He scored the goals to get Spain to the Euro U-21 finals and said: “I was happy when I found we were playing England. I do not have to prove anything to people in Spain. I have to show to the Newcastle fans what I can do.”

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Xisco-lifts-lid-on-Newcastle-shambles-article27203.html

• Trent Toon

Sep 7, 2009 at 11:08 AM

Only two months ago we were supporting xisco

Im actually disappointed we put him out on loan!

• premier

Sep 7, 2009 at 11:58 AM

Toon signing unfit strikers!!–thats a first lol

• Bigbadbob

Sep 7, 2009 at 12:03 PM

premier – top flight team with no left fullback, the rot is setting in, would piss myself laughing if Hull beat yous.