Journey Into The Unknown For Newcastle Tonight

Tonight could be a culture shock for many Newcastle players as they attempt to get 3 points at Bloomfield Road.

Blackpool FC

It will be a very special game for Blackpool, as they welcome not only the league leaders, but a side that was in  the European Champions League a short 5 years ago. The average gate in the league at Blackpool this seaon is around 8,000, so it will be a lot different to playing at St. James’ Park.

But Hughton, as always these days, will have the team very well prepared for tonight’s game, and with WBA and Middlesbrough both winning last night, another win by the Magpies is very important tonight.

Chris said:

“If I’d looked at the game, so far this is the one the players know least about because of the opposition. We’ve got to make sure they are prepared, which they are. It’s about how they are prepared to approach this game and I certainly don’t see it as a problem.”

“I don’t think it will be a culture shock. If you look at the make up of the team, a lot of the players have played in the English leagues, brought up in the English game.”

“I don’t think they will be shocked by what they find. Every game has been like a cup final atmosphere for us this season.”  “We’ve got a great result against Cardiff, but going to Blackpool is another big test.”

“They’ve got a new manager and some good players. We know we’ll be a scalp for them.”

A win is what we need tonight, as we attempt to get 90 league points, which should take us automatically back to the Premier League for next season.

Howay The Lads!!

• sirjasontoon

Sep 16, 2009 at 1:55 AM

FoolDj 🙂

• sirjasontoon

Sep 16, 2009 at 1:56 AM

3 points please Lads !
    Toon.

• Robby Bobson

Sep 16, 2009 at 2:05 AM

When we were relegated i thought to myself there will be three teams that results against will show we can come straight back up.

1) WBA – skillful team who are used to getting promoted….drew opening day

2) cardiff – experienced championship team who will look to push on this season…..won

3) Blackpool – apitimises a lower league club, small stadium, determined players and the crowd will not be easy to tame.

Lets just hope we get a win, which would show we really have what it takes against all sorts of opponents.

• Dragonera

Sep 16, 2009 at 2:24 AM

Robby Bobson

hear hear! I have not allowed myself to get over excited so far this season, but a win tonight will really fill the team and fans with confidence. Not to mention it will make St James’ Park a fortress when Plymouth turn up. They will not know what hit them. I really wish the fans at St James’ would try and recreate what the Besikta fans did last night. Those fans created an atmosphere thick and hostile enough to make 95% of players s**t their pants, haha. I know i would if i had to step out in front of that lot.

• ziad

Sep 16, 2009 at 3:28 AM

It will not be an easy tonight !!!
    Let’s hope its another 3 pts… Boro and Wba are keeping up the pressure and we must keep winning too. Let dig in !!!
    BTW hope we do get Kamara on loan. v. good player.
    Howay the Lads

• ginkoh

Sep 16, 2009 at 4:25 AM

I can accept it if we have ugly win again tonight. But I wonder WBA and Boro are on winning streak like us, No more team in CCC can stop them !?

IMO I see 3 teams to promote next season now. But however 1 team have to play do-or-die game against play-off rival. I hope we are not that one.

Howay the lads !

• toonsy

Sep 16, 2009 at 6:32 AM

A win would be nice but we aren’t going to win every game this season, there will be slip ups from time to time. What we must not do is lose!

SJT, your the best, too cool for anyone in this thread 😉

• Lew Davies

Sep 16, 2009 at 8:03 AM

Nah! Bored with sjt (fool DJ), ENOUGH! lol

• Lew Davies

Sep 16, 2009 at 8:05 AM

Cant see us losing tonight, but then again cant see us scoring many goals either. Just not creating enough chances. Would love another clean sheet though 😉

• sirjasontoon

Sep 16, 2009 at 8:33 AM

Comments Noted and appreciated Toonsy 🙂

Haha!

Fingers crossed tonight Lads a mucky 1-0 win will suit me fine.

• sirjasontoon

Sep 16, 2009 at 8:35 AM

Stop Pissing on my fire Lew…I know I am cooler than ice,willin’ to sacrafice 🙂

• Davey Falcus

Sep 16, 2009 at 9:44 AM

Would love us to win pretty tonight, like a 3 or 4 nil battering, but I’m more than happy to take a 1-0 or 2-0 win.

I hope Ranger scores tonight, I think once he gets that little bit of extra confidence he will bang them in for us.

• bren32

Sep 16, 2009 at 9:50 AM

a little worried about this one. We are a quality side compared to the sea siders and are well capable of a win. To night we will see how good chris hughton is doing and how well the team is motivated to play a lowly club infront of eight thousand on a cold night where all areplayers can be expected to be kicked. This will be a real championship match and what we can expect this year. Come on the tooooon