Alan Shearer Pays Tribute To The Master – Bobby Robson

Alan Shearer today paid tribute to the master, Sir Bobby Robson, calling him an incredible man.

bobby-robson-2.gif

Bobby Robson next to his statue at St. James’ Park

Anybody reading this site regularly will know only too well, we are huge Bobby Robson fans, and Bobby could well be our number one  favorite in all of football.

Alan has revealed today that after Sir Bobby attended his charity match at St James’ Park on Sunday, 26th July, he went home and never made it out of bed again, before he finally passed away on Friday, July 31st.

Shearer said today:

“I think he was an incredible man. I think it was also a mark of the man that he had his charity game on the Sunday and he stayed with us for that time.”

” I spoke to his wife Lady Elsie, and she said he went home that Sunday evening and he never got out of bed until he passed away on Thursday.:

“He stayed with us for that game and that’s how much he loved football and that’s how much he wanted to raise money for his charity. It says a lot about the man.”

Rest in peace, Bobby Robson.

• Thump

Sep 18, 2009 at 1:57 PM

” he never got out of bed until he passed away on Thursday.”

Just goes to show how much strength and passion the man had for the beautiful game.

RIP SBR

• Davey Falcus

Sep 18, 2009 at 2:07 PM

“and Bobby could well be our number one favorite in all of football.”

I don’t think there is any doubt about it, he is everyone’s number one in all of football.

An absolutely incredible man, who’s presence will be greatly missed in the game and in life in general.

It says a lot about him that he held on so he could have one last visit to St. James’s Park before he passed away.

RIP SBR

• G

Sep 18, 2009 at 2:10 PM

I cried when I heard about his death. We knew it was coming soon at the benefit match. I couldnt believe how frail and wasted he looked, but that didnt stop me from feeling like a little peice of me had also just died.
    Farewell to the elder statesman of football.

• stu

Sep 18, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Absolute legend!

Folks, I have made my own NUFC website just for fun really – check it out if your bored

• Mikey25

Sep 18, 2009 at 2:31 PM

SBR was a legend, disgraceful how he was treat at our club in the end but a true gentleman who never held a grudge! People in and out of football can learn a thing or two from him!

On another note Derby sign Vaughan from Everton….oh well!

• lesh

Sep 18, 2009 at 3:22 PM

Nice one Stu and it’s got stacks of potential too.

• xfer