Ketsbaia A Good Man If A Little Crazy – Khizanishvili

Our new loan signing from Georgia (and Blackburn), Zurab Khizanishvili, has today talked about another former Georgian at Newcastle – the colorful Temuri Ketsbaia.

TemurKETSBAIA

Temuri Ketsbaia – while at Newcastle

Zurab talked about Ketsbaia today:

“I remember watching Temuri all of the time for Newcastle and dreaming of playing for such a big club like him,” “He was one of the first big names to make it in England and we all supported Newcastle because of that.”

“Temuri is a very good man, a little bit crazy, but a good man who is now one of my best friends. I played with him for the national team and then for a short time at Dundee, he was a great player and a strong character.”

“If I can be half as popular as him then I’ll be happy. I spoke with him this week; hopefully he will come and watch me play.” “I’m really happy, and looking forward to playing games for Newcastle.”

“Sometimes a dream comes true – Newcastle is a massive club.” “I know they’re in the Championship, but it doesn’t matter, to be honest. It’s a great club, and I’m sure they’re going up.”

Khizanishvili would like to make his debut for Newcastle against Plymouth tmorrow at St James’ Park, after being allowed to leave Ewood Park on a three-month loan deal.

The former Dundee and Glasgow Rangers center-half added:

“All players want to play in this kind of stadium, and I hope for the best for myself and my team tomorrow. It’ s a great game, and I’m looking forward to it.”

“I think I’m too young to sit on the bench â ” I’m 27. That’s why I decided to move to the club. When Newcastle came it was a really big honour for me.”

“It’s for the manager to decide whether I play or not – he’s t and played over 80 times for he boss. I’m ready, and I can play any time, no problem.”

Ketsbaia was at Newcastle from 1997 until 2000, and played for Newcastle over 80 times with 8 goals.

Temur Ketsbaia nmmnmpped)

Ketsbaia as a manager – a smart looking man – but still no hair!

The 41 year old went into football management, and managed Anorthosis Famagusta from 2004 until 2009, and only last week was sacked by
Olympiacos F.C, whom he only  joined this year.

• bowburnmag

Sep 18, 2009 at 2:55 PM

What a leg-end, totally mental like.

Lads and lasses, just a reminder for any generous Mags out there. Doing the Great North Run on Sunday running for Prostate Cancer, and with a gammy knee, the more money I can raise the easier it will feel knowing that money is going to good use.

Already had some ridiculously generous donations off guys off Ed’s blog but whatever you can manage, it would be great.

Cheers
    BBM

• lacedaemonian

Sep 18, 2009 at 3:16 PM

Normally I would have donated, Bowburn, but I am totally skint as I am on stat sick atm. Good luck for the morrow mate.

• Mikey25

Sep 18, 2009 at 3:34 PM

Bring him in as manager! Still think he’s gonne make it big, did amazingly well for Famagusta, started really well for Olypiakos, has a hell of a lot of potential and a love for Newcastle!

• G

Sep 18, 2009 at 3:40 PM

A mate of mine tipped Ketsbia as manager yesterday, then I read the headline on the BBC about a georgian joining the toon. I nearly fell out of my chair!… the day Dippy gets a predicition correct is the day I invest in a strait jacket.

• bowburnmag

Sep 18, 2009 at 3:46 PM

lacedaemonian – I’ll be alreet the morra.

It’s Sunday I’m worried aboot! 😉

• bowburnmag

Sep 18, 2009 at 3:46 PM

Not Dippy Marshall?

• toonsy

Sep 18, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Saturdays game, anyone think Hughton is going to go with his usual negative 4-5-1 formation?

• Johno Toon

Sep 18, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Think that is a bit harsh toonsy. We havent really had two fit strikers for a while and the 4-5-1 formation suits the players we have

• Alex

Sep 18, 2009 at 5:23 PM

See we have stolen Zurab from under the noses of Sheff Utd . Their manager rekons they had agreed terms with Blackburn and the player and his agent to bring him in , then they heard at midnight that he had joined us . At last somebody is doing something right in our recruitment team 🙂

• Johno Toon

Sep 18, 2009 at 5:46 PM

haha just read that there now alex! fair play to us , we need to be ruthless in getting the players we want , as im sure if a player is willing to play in the championship we would be their prefared destination unless its their home town club or they are a makem

• stevep

Sep 18, 2009 at 6:40 PM

well we should beat Plymouth regardless odf formation we play, we need to hammer teams in lower half of league if we want to have any chance of promotion

• Johno Toon

Sep 18, 2009 at 6:59 PM

Think its our home form more so than beating teams in the lower half the table that will get us promoted stevep

• toonsy

Sep 18, 2009 at 7:02 PM

Steve P – Like Blackpool yeah?

Im sorry, but playing 1 up top is not the way. Yes we have only had 1 fit striker most of the time but on wednesday we had 3 that could have started! Even teams like Coventry play 2 up top away from home. Playing 1 up top would be fine if we had good wingers that can cut in nd weigh in with goals…….. which we havn’t got!

• Alex

Sep 18, 2009 at 7:13 PM

I think he will go 442 against Plymouth , somehow i think the defeat against Blackpool will be a wake up call to hugton as to how 4-5-1 formation is not the way to get promotion . Fair game to him though , he has not had 2 forwards to play together for a while and Lovenkrands still needs to find his sharpness . Also against Blackpool he proably thought Ranger needed rested before he burns out . The lad is still getting used to 1st team football after all . Carroll and Lovenkrands to start i reckon

• Dennis Twice

Sep 18, 2009 at 7:14 PM

Is our club cursed…yes it is….this year is not gonna make any difference….

1st lose ….so now it`s true
    2nd Ashley is staying??? whfk…….look at that fat pig smile on his face.
    3rd Hughton done well..but hey com`on……last November….?
    4th Shearer is not coming…

In this season we`re gonna be a top half coca-cola team …..promotion…ha-ha-haaa no way I DON T BELIVE.

…12points clear…..manure….pass by……

Cursed is cursed.

• lacedaemonian

Sep 18, 2009 at 7:18 PM

@ Bowburn – I realised after I had posted it was not Saturday today. Not being at work, the days just blur into the same.

• Johno Toon

Sep 18, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Its fierce quiet here today aint it?