This Is Best Period Of My Two Years On Tyneside – Enrique

Jose Enrique has said today that he sends videos of  the Newcastle matches back to his folks in Spain, so they can still watch him play in England, now that Newcastle are not in the Premier League, whose game are beamed live around the world, of course.

jose enrique 2345

Jose Enrique – now a fixture on Tyneside – and he even likes the weather (?)

Enrique told the Evening Chronicle today:

“There are more people that watch the Championship in Spain now!” “My family enjoy watching me play, I can send them matches.”

“It’s only really important to them. Nobody is really interested in it Spain, so otherwise they don’t see it on TV over there.”

Enrique says the Blackpool (who beat us!) and Plymouths of the CC Championship, are not household names either in Spain or in  his own eyes, but he knows no team can be under-estimated, as the team found out to their peril last Wednesday night at Bloomfield Road.

Jose continued:

“I think the quality is OK but I think there will only be about six or seven teams out of the whole division who can really say they have a chance of playing in the Premier League next year.”

“But saying that, I think that any team can beat any other in a one off match. That has happened already to us. The difficulty level is the same for each game.”

“If people had told us two months ago that we’d be where we are, then maybe we wouldn’t have believed them.”  “As you would expect when a team is near the top the atmosphere is still good and we feel we can get back there very soon.”

“This is the best period of my two years here. It’s been great to be winning games consecutively until Blackpool and now we want to build up another hot streak.”

Jose has settled down on Tyneside, and he is now a fixture at the club.

We’re a little surprised he is still at the club, after we were relegated, but he could be on Tyneside for quite a while,  as he epitomizes the passion and fight that Newcastle fans just love to see in their players.

He’s also a good player. 😀

• Mags

Sep 18, 2009 at 12:56 PM

My favourite player.

• hitman

Sep 18, 2009 at 12:57 PM

the helicopter ashley uses has just arrived in toon.

• G

Sep 18, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Damn, I forgot my stinger missile in my other trousers too. How come I didnt see that hitman, and I work next to the heliport? Anyway, back to the subject matter, Enrique has looked great this season. He deffo gives us a better option at left back than one of the out of place players who wasted last season there. The way he makes overlapping runs reminds me a bit of Oli Bernard before he knacked himself big time.

• sirjasontoon

Sep 18, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Go Jose….Starting to live upto his nickname “The Bull” looks much more settled.

• Bigbadbob

Sep 18, 2009 at 1:04 PM

hitman – has it got a roof rack on to take his gear away?

• Mags

Sep 18, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Hitman – AND? More info please.

• hitman

Sep 18, 2009 at 1:10 PM

i have no info just seen it thats all,G i though it was strange coz it was heading up the tyne,not like last time i saw it,it went across the tyne,but it was defo the same helicopter.

• Darryl

Sep 18, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Well James Vaughan has gone to Derby… wonder who we will get then..

• sirjasontoon

Sep 18, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Shame the propellor didn’t clip the tyne bride…BOOM!!

• sirjasontoon

Sep 18, 2009 at 1:22 PM

I don’t think we are really trying with these loan players…all seems a bit half arsed if you ask me…we just stumble along with no real momentum when it comes to recruitment.

• Thump

Sep 18, 2009 at 1:22 PM

@Darryl: Probably end up with Harewood.. great

• Mags

Sep 18, 2009 at 1:26 PM

Agree with fellow bloggers regarding us getting loan players in, why could we not have made it conditional on the Duff sale that we got Kamara on loan?

• lesh

Sep 18, 2009 at 1:31 PM

Going up the Tyne was he? Makes a change from taking the club up the Swanee!

So, what’s he here for? A signing? Sign off the payroll?

More like his monthly visit to Greggs to order a container load of their seconds before the pensioners form a queue half-four!

• lesh

Sep 18, 2009 at 1:32 PM

* ….. before the pensioners form a queue *at half-four!

• lesh

Sep 18, 2009 at 1:35 PM

Mags @12…. They didn’t make a Kamara loan a condition of the Duff sale beause they don’t think that far ahead!

• MacToon

Sep 18, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Lesh, they didn’t make a Kamara loan a condition of the Duff sale beause they don’t think.

• lesh

Sep 18, 2009 at 1:40 PM

Aw MacToon, that’s harsh, cruel, really really cruel….. but not far off the mark!

• chuck

Sep 18, 2009 at 1:40 PM

Improved a lot since his arrival.
    Guy has deceptive pace, could become a pretty good attacking wing back, with some improvement in his shooting and crossing.
    Certainly part of the future of this club.

• Stuart79

Sep 18, 2009 at 1:42 PM

Cannot believe the thing gets of the fcking ground with that fat tw*t in it!

• G

Sep 18, 2009 at 1:44 PM

@Hitman, just seen a wokka come out of the heliport, it was a Dauphan if that helps? It didnt look particularly burdened, but they tend to be in use by most of the corporate sector these days, so I dunno if it was ashleys like.

• Mags

Sep 18, 2009 at 2:00 PM

Lesh (15) – my thoughts exactly – I said as much on a previous thread. Is there anyone of any significance at Barrack Road these days?

• Davey Falcus

Sep 18, 2009 at 2:16 PM

Mags (21) there’s the people who sell the pies and burgers (those left anyway), and possibly the people cleaning the bogs after a match..

In terms of senior management and key decision makers I think most are following the hoppings around conning people out of there hard earned hook-a-duck money!

• premier

Sep 18, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Found his level hence the enjoyment

• Mags

Sep 18, 2009 at 2:53 PM

premier – SHUT UP YOU NO-MARK.

DaveyFalcus – ha ha ha

• Paul141726

Sep 18, 2009 at 4:13 PM

For NUFC, and I don’t know why, it’s always been difficult for Spanish players to adjust to life with the team. But Enrique has been progressing nicely I think. It has taken him awhile and maybe some competition for his place would make him step up his game even more. At least that’s what I would hope. Anyway, if Ashley finally sells and I buy a new shirt, it just might have his name on it.

• harry861

Sep 18, 2009 at 7:55 PM

re Mags
    I totally agree we should made it conditional that we got the player we wanted that being Kamara as part of the deal.
    Re Enrique one of the best buys, he was a bit on the rough side initially how he has blossomed & gives 100% & very effected down the left side.