Once I Heard Newcastle Wanted Me – That Was It!

We have heard today that at least Sheffield United were in for Blackburn defender Zurab Kizanishvili.

Zurab Khizanishvili  nmnmnmn

Zurab Khizanishvili – jumped at chance to come to Tyneside

But it seems that as soon as he heard Newcastle were in for him, that was that and he wanted to come to Tyneside.

Maybe that shouldn’t be too surprised as Zurab  knew all about Newcastle after his now friend Temuri Ketsbaia was at the club from 1997-2000.

And he is desperate to play his part in what he sees as a promotion season for the Newcastle club.

Zurab told the Evening Chronicle today:

“I’m sure they can get up at the first time of asking and be back in the Premier League next season.”

“I know that Newcastle have some of the best support in football and this can help.” “I want to play my part in that also.”

“I know what it is like to play against that, so to play with them on your side will be incredible.” “I’ve seen it for myself when I played for Blackburn.”

The 6’2″ defender is likely to bring both aerial ability, which we definitely need, and some tough tackling to the Newcastle side.

But the Georgian wants to do his talking on the pitch.

“I don’t like to talk about what I bring to the team, my answer will be on the pitch and then they can see for themselves.”

“They are very knowledgeable supporters so they can make judgements.” “Coming to Newcastle was something very different for me.” “They decided it only on Thursday.”

“I knew there were a couple of teams interested in me, but once I heard about Newcastle there was only one choice.” “I just want to play more games.”

It’s always good when a player jumps at the chance to join Newcastle, and it’s good to have Zurab in the squad – and we do expect him to get a run-out today and then start at Peterborough on Tuesday night in the Carling Cup.

• MacToon

Sep 19, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Our back 4 have been good this season so far so it’ll be interesting to see whos place he takes.

Hopefully he’ll fit in and prove a good signing even if it is just a loan. As far as I know a loan signing can be made permanent at any stage now?

• Nick D

Sep 19, 2009 at 1:59 PM

if he can’t make an allardyce team as a defender because let’s face defence is all they do, then it’s a bit worrying.

• Charlietoon

Sep 19, 2009 at 2:01 PM

Keep a clean sheet and score a goal and you’ll be a hero.

Can I just say on a side note why the hell did we sell
    Ab Faye to Stoke for like 2 mill. Not one fan complained about him tat I can remeber and the money we gt was nothing

• MacToon

Sep 19, 2009 at 2:03 PM

Nick D, maybe he plays the ball out of defence rather than hoof it up the field and BSA doesn’t like it 😉

Tbh I can’t remeber him playing at all…. maybe thats a good thing for a defender who just does his job and isn’t a risky defender….. only time will tell.

• Hugh Jorgan

Sep 19, 2009 at 2:14 PM

It seems Iraqgoals are hoping to be streaming a link for the game.

• Hugh Jorgan

Sep 19, 2009 at 2:16 PM

Oh good !
    Burnley 2 Unwashed 1

• nufc2009

Sep 19, 2009 at 2:26 PM

NEWCASTLE UNITED: Harper; Simpson, S Taylor, Coloccini, Enrique; Geremi, Smith, Nolan, Barton; Lovenkrands, Carroll. Subs: Krul, Guthrie, R Taylor, Butt, LuaLua, Kadar, Ranger newcastle team butt dropped wooooooooooo

• Charlietoon

Sep 19, 2009 at 2:28 PM

So this is the line up

teve Harper, Danny Simpson, Steven Taylor, Fabricio Coloccini, Jose Enrique, Geremi, Alan Smith (c), Kevin Nolan, Joey Barton, Peter Lovenkrands, Andy Carroll
    Subs: Tim Krul, Danny Guthrie, Nicky Butt, Ryan Taylor, Kazenga LuaLua, Zurab Khizanishvili, Nile Range

• Big Dave

Sep 19, 2009 at 2:30 PM

Geremi oh my god go awayyyyy

• Charlietoon

Sep 19, 2009 at 2:31 PM

I dont know….why take guthrie out…. get rid of barton he seems slow as hell recently. I dont mind geremi on the wing as he can assist well but I hope he get replaced for Lua Lua at some point.

• Hugh Jorgan

Sep 19, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Burnley 3
    Dark Side 1

• Lancelot

Sep 19, 2009 at 2:47 PM

Anyone got a link for the game?