I’ve Enjoyed Every Minute Of It At Newcastle!

Bolton were interested in resigning Kevin Nolan when Newcastle were relegated, but it seems that Kevin Nolan was never too interested in that idea.

Kevin with the two Taylors at Durham Cathedral  last Monday

Certainly when a transfer was brought up regarding Kevin in the summer, his agent continually said his client’s aim was to help get Newcastle back into the Premier League at the first attempt.

Kevin talked to the Journal this morning:

“I’ve got to be honest, since I arrived, I have enjoyed every minute. Don’t get me wrong, the last day of the season was the worst time of my life.”

“But the next day, I went for a pint with my dad and it was like ‘I can’t wait to get back’.”

“We got together as a squad of lads, and as a staff and came together as one. We said where we want to be, what we want to do, and we’ve managed to do that so far.”

“It is only a start. We are only nine games in. There is a long, long, way to go, but it is the start we wanted and hopefully we can continue it because the games come thick and fast in this division.”

“It was important we got off to a good start. All the teams which have gone down have done well. We had a blip against Blackpool but we bounced back. We have two games at home next and we have to get maximum points.”

We’ve certainly made a great start so far, and that can get even better by securing  home wins against QPR on Wednesday night, and Bristol City on Saturday.

Howay The Lads!!

• batty

Sep 28, 2009 at 10:37 AM

ive heard simon cowell is after signing our away supporters up he reckons there could be a xmas number 1 in it for him >>> get out of our club you fat cockney !!!!!!!!! get out of our club

• komfort

Sep 28, 2009 at 10:39 AM

keep the injuries to a minimum and we should be promoted by easter…then next season ..???

• Stuart79

Sep 28, 2009 at 10:53 AM

Wish I could say the same Kev!

Onwards and upwards..

• nobby sol

Sep 28, 2009 at 11:05 AM

toon defence problems!

simpson———injured + only here untill january
    khizanishvilli—only here for 3 months
    rtaylor———- possibly injured
    enrique
    taylor
    collocini——–possibly injured
    kadar————not really ready yet
    tavernier——-not really ready yet

its definetaly worth taking a look at meite, bale, ball and campbell.

• Solaidback

Sep 28, 2009 at 11:15 AM

batty // Sep 28, 2009 at 10:37 AM

————————————————————
    Sorry but personally I thought that was embarrassing considering the amount of children that would have been at the match & it was meant to be in honour of Sir Bobby but all they could do is chant pathetic songs at Ashley, I hope whoever was singing felt proud of themselves 🙁

• toonsy

Sep 28, 2009 at 11:43 AM

Solaidback // Sep 28, 2009 at 11:15 AM

I felt proud singin it mate. I felt proud and justified after what that fat cnut has done to our club. I felt proud and justified singing it more-so becasue, as you said, it was a tribute for Bobby, and that fat munter turns up wearing a unbuttoned shirt, no tie, no jacket, and jeans. Pr1ck!

• Kevin Nichol

Sep 28, 2009 at 12:05 PM

I’m with nobby sol on that one…. It doesnt paint us in a good light singing songs like that when we are live to millions….

Moments like that aid the steriotypical idea of thick, fat, geordies wearing flat caps and guzzling brown ale! there are other ways to go about things!

Keeping ones dignity ala Alan shearer on this whole saga shows true class! True class we all know a certain mr. ashley does not posess!

• Kevin Nichol

Sep 28, 2009 at 12:08 PM

Meant to say with So laid back…. 🙁 Don’t get me wrong i’m as anti Ashely as they come by the way! So much so that i have not purchased a season ticket and i’m buying tickets on a matchday now as i was not going top go back until we were sold! I decided to put all my efforts into supporting the team instead!

• komfort

Sep 28, 2009 at 12:12 PM

kevin nichol , what’s your problem with flat cappers drinking brown ale like ?..