The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Allardyce – Newcastle An Unbelievable And Massive Club

11:07 am, Saturday, October 3rd, 2009 by Ed Harrison · 10 Comments

As we said earlier this morning Khizanishvili has plenty of time for the Blackburn Rovers boss, Sam Allardyce,  as a person.

sam-allardyce-986.JPG

Big Sam – while at Newcastle – gulp!

And it turns out that Sam also told the Georgian that Newcastle was a great club and apparently  only had good things to say about Newcastle, even though his removal as manager a year last January was a little brutal.

The good words Sam has about the club will be well received by Newcastle fans, that’s for sure.

Allardyce was sacked after just eight months in charge on Tyneside, which is hardly time enough to do much at all at a football club, but Big Sam didn’t seem too bitter after his removal, and he was given a handsome £ 4M pay-off.

Despite his failure on Tyneside, Khizanishvili has claimed his Rovers manager had nothing but good things to say about the club, despite the stain it left on Sam’s managerial career, and he was unable to get another job for 12 months.

Zurab talked about Big Sam:

“We talked about Newcastle and he said there is no question it is an unbelievable club, a massive club,”

“But yes, he made it clear I was not really part of his plans. We talked about it and he was a really straight guy so I respect him for that.”

“Maybe he liked me (as a person) but not so much my football, so it was a footballing decision. Outside the football, we are friends.”

“Newcastle tried to get me here for six months. That is what my agent told me, but right now it is just for three months. That is fine for now.”

“I am here until December 19, that is three months. I must go back to Blackburn until January (when transfer window reopens). That is definite.”

“From January, I can talk about my future then, maybe another loan until the end of the season. But for ten, 11 days I have to go back there.”

That seems so unusual to have a 3 months deal when Zurab will now miss the home game against Middlesbrough on the 20th December, the away game at Sheffield Wednesday on the 26th, and the home game against Derby County on the 28th.

These are 3 important games for the Tyneside club.

Let’s hope we don’t  have our usual injury crisis at the club by then.

Tags: Newcastle News · Zurab Khizanishvili

10 responses so far ↓

• 1 Bill F // Oct 3, 2009 at 11:16 AM

Two similar threads, I could just as easily made the same comment as now in the previous one.
    ie, Khiz’s comments prove (or suggest) that Sam’s choice of players would probably have kept us in the EPL, but it’s unlikely that we would have won anything of merit. I doubt that most of us would have settled for that.

• 2 sirjasontoon // Oct 3, 2009 at 11:42 AM

I just dunno why Sam can’t learn to play some attractive football..he has been in the game long enough,is it hard to learn that sorta thing?
    I was unhappy with the stuff we dished up when he was head chef though it was very hard to find anything entertaining in most matches.
    Not a bad bloke really when all is said and done.

• 3 burnsie // Oct 3, 2009 at 12:28 PM

any links 4 the game lads???

• 4 Bill F // Oct 3, 2009 at 12:37 PM

Ditto burnsie’s question, although I would be surprised if there are. We might just have to wait for highlights on the beeb, which means I won’t be looking at the blog after kick off.

• 5 burnsie // Oct 3, 2009 at 12:40 PM

try hotclix bill. just found one bud. duno what its like mind. any better ones?

• 6 Tino 11 // Oct 3, 2009 at 12:47 PM

The game won’t be streamed anywhere because it’s not being shown on any tv channels.

None of the 3pm Saturday games will be streamed anywhere, so it’s radio only again i’m afraid.

• 7 Big Dave // Oct 3, 2009 at 1:00 PM

was just reading an article in the chron and laughed when i seen this.>
    Joe Kinnear thought he had got rid of Gonzalez and sent him back to Valencia, only to discover he’d got mixed up with Italian flop Fabio Zamblera, who was instead sent to Sampdoria on loan last January
    That just about sums that idiot By pass Joe up

• 8 burnsie // Oct 3, 2009 at 1:02 PM

go on hotclix then tino and find out for yourself. they streaming pretty much every game m8

• 9 Tino 11 // Oct 3, 2009 at 1:11 PM

burnsie // Oct 3, 2009 at 1:02 PM

————————————————————–
    They don’t work, people post links every week on sites like that and livefootballblogspot, but the links just to you to another page or a site where you have to pay.

If the game isn’t being shown on any UK or foreign channel then it can’t be streamed.

Never pay for a link because if the match is on then it will be on free sites like justin tv, ustream, myp2peu, p2p4u, sopcast and adthe.

• 10 Chris G // Oct 3, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Tino 11 // Oct 3, 2009 at 12:47 PM

——–

Unfortunately, some of us are living outside the UK, so we don’t even get the radio commentary

What I normally do at times like this is to use the BBC live text service, which I’d recommend to all the overseas fans

Here’s the link to the Newcastle game

If you want to check out the site, here’s the link to the Preston v West Brom game

Howay the Lads