Barry Moat Close To Buying Newcastle – Again?

The News Of The World is reporting today that Barry Moat is on the brink of buying the Newcastle club.

barry moat  -875686823

Barry Moat – buying Newcastle> we have no idea

But don’t forget we said there would be some new news on the sale today, because this is Sunday.

How true this all is we have our serious doubts, but the NOTW is reporting that Barry is bidding just £90M, which gives Mike every chance of turning it down, since he’s said he wants the full £100M many times before.

And would you believe Managing Director Derek Llambias has slowed the deal down by flying off on holiday.

No, not really.

Moat was said to be waiting to see what funds would be awarded to former manager Kevin Keegan before completing the drawn out purchase of the club.

Moat is said to have put the cash in an account as proof of funds – but then the NOTW says the deal should be completed by the middle of next month.

But that’s 5 weeks away – and how imminent is that?

Take this report with a huge pinch of salt.

• Toonmania

Oct 11, 2009 at 6:26 AM

this is like winning a horserace on a headless donkey by a nose, i wish it was true but i have some very big doubts
    Anyway to important matters 1st 🙂

• chestnut

Oct 11, 2009 at 6:33 AM

one word.. ‘BOLLOQS’
    two words.. ‘PIGS FLY’
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• chuck

Oct 11, 2009 at 7:13 AM

Yeah right !

• Bigbadbob

Oct 11, 2009 at 8:17 AM

As per the famous Bobby Robson quote, ive just got two words to describe this, not good enough.

• inselaffe

Oct 11, 2009 at 8:18 AM

blah…

• Bigbadbob

Oct 11, 2009 at 8:19 AM

Ambani was mentioned by Henry Winter on twitter yesterday as a strong possibility for new owner, that was the rumour amongst journalists at the England game.

• Nick D

Oct 11, 2009 at 8:22 AM

Bigbadbob,

Please tell me that’s true

• bro56

Oct 11, 2009 at 8:26 AM

lol, what a terrible story.. I’m not saying the deal isnt close but it hinders on Llambias getting back from a holiday.?!?! do these writers believe we’re that retarted.. and as for the guess of middle of next month?? very feable…

• Bigbadbob

Oct 11, 2009 at 8:26 AM

I would like to think so, heres the link –

• Hugh Jorgan

Oct 11, 2009 at 8:34 AM

Hey bro56 how is Grandad’s flatulence problem today ?

• bro56

Oct 11, 2009 at 8:36 AM

not sooo bad m8, ta. He enjoys his eggs on a friday morning so.. all clear now..lol

• bro56

Oct 11, 2009 at 8:37 AM

Bigbadbob..

isnt this just another way of spreading rumors…twitter??

• bro56

Oct 11, 2009 at 8:51 AM

and where is Ambani mentioned? theres no link from that twitter page to even suggest that the journalists were even talking about it?? lets see where this story is in 5 days time.. probably in the bin..

• Waddles mullet

Oct 11, 2009 at 8:51 AM

Reports last week said he would only take £100 million
    another crock of sh!te

• bro56

Oct 11, 2009 at 9:03 AM

lol Joey (self pity) barton..

“There’s no such thing as good and bad decisions – just the consequences of the choices you make. I’ve had to deal with those consequences”

bad decision..burn sum1’s eyes with a cigar
    bad decision… go fighting in your local town instead of staying in
    bad decision…shearer.. etc etc
    bad decision… thinking people will listen to your tripe..

• Yorick Hunt

Oct 11, 2009 at 9:04 AM

Ed I know its been said a million times but can’t you give owwa with the sensationalist unimaginitive headlines? all you are doing is harming yourself by losing readers. I used to read every blog you posted now Its down to probably 20% of blogs you post (partly due to the large number you are posting) I’m sure other people are as irked as me.

No doubt some smart-ass will tell me not to read if I don’t like whats written – well thats what I have been doing and I am merely informing you of how your customers (Is that how you see us?)feel.

• Stuart79

Oct 11, 2009 at 9:06 AM

Yorick Hunt // Oct 11, 2009 at 9:04 AM

Took the words right out of my mouth!

• Yorick Hunt

Oct 11, 2009 at 9:24 AM

Well I never, what a surprise Who would have thought that you …….Stu would be that smart-ass?

• bro56

Oct 11, 2009 at 9:27 AM

yes Ed, Yorick hunt has a point. but i admire your commitment and energy for your blog and obviously you love the toon so thats why I will always read your pages.. and… I’m a right sad bastard that’ll read owt regarding the toon 🙂

• Yorick Hunt

Oct 11, 2009 at 9:30 AM

love it!

• Yorick Hunt

Oct 11, 2009 at 9:35 AM

I actually didn’t read the whole article. All I needed to read was the first sentence and I knew that there was no point reading any more. But at least I had already clicked on the link which is what really matters eh? Cynical? ………Who?

• will die for the toon army

Oct 11, 2009 at 9:37 AM

Yorick Hunt, we have to discuss abt every thing we see in the news thats why it is blog. Any thing Ed sees he rights. I see no problem with that this is our discussion room.

Abt a sale, the longer it takes the better we will get a rich owner then. Its not a fire sale so we will get the one who really can manage.

• sirjasontoon

Oct 11, 2009 at 9:40 AM

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Yorick Hunt

Oct 11, 2009 at 9:42 AM

BANG!

• Yorick Hunt

Oct 11, 2009 at 9:56 AM

GOD I’M BORED FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE!!!

• bro56

Oct 11, 2009 at 10:13 AM

yorick hunt..GOD I’M BORED FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE!!!

you hate this blog that much youre using it to create your own blog about your life.. oooh the irony… 🙂

• Yorick Hunt

Oct 11, 2009 at 11:37 AM

Haha

• magpie6699

Oct 11, 2009 at 12:09 PM

Wow – must remember to use that phrase “on the brink” of doing something.
    I’m sure my work, my wife etc, will understand when I say “I’m on the brink of doing that”, that it means that I am about 6 weeks away from doing it – maybe.
    Great!

• Bigbadbob

Oct 11, 2009 at 12:43 PM

bro56- dont shoot the messenger, just trying to share info and Winter is a respected journo.

• Solaidback

Oct 11, 2009 at 12:50 PM

Two points I want to make regarding this, 1) That link to Ambani could have been put on Twitter by anyone, it’s not been mentioned by any journo’s in any papers so forget that as crap!! 2) Wht the frak does Moat have to wait for Llamarse to come back off holiday, I thought it was Ashley that owned the TOON, not Llamarse….

Another Sunday full of crap stories that the Sunday crap-loids have written because they can’t be arsed to find out what is really going on with the TOON!! I’m just off to send my CV to the NOTW as it seems anyone can write the junk they do!!!

• Bigbadbob

Oct 11, 2009 at 1:38 PM

solaidback – steady on there pal, keep ya heed man, we are swapping info with genuine intentions here not winding folk up.

• Nick D

Oct 11, 2009 at 2:00 PM

Meanwhile, as the Magpies’ takeover saga drags drearily on, it is thought that an unnamed Indian group may be the latest party interested in relieving Ashley of control

• bro56

Oct 11, 2009 at 2:12 PM

Bigbadbob, Soz m8, wasnt meant to sound like I was having a go, just thought your rumor was a little vague, I was expecting Ambundi’s name and comments from Journos (im new to twitter), but there was no links etc to back up your story

yeah, Winter is ok, I used to enjoy his comments on Jimmy Hill Sunday supplement

• Solaidback

Oct 11, 2009 at 7:56 PM

Bigbadbob // Oct 11, 2009 at 1:38 PM

———————————————————–
    Never said yer wa mate, I was clearing up the fact that anyone can write anything they like on Twitta mate, so I wouldnt believe anything posted on there barra!!

Ans if the Ambani rumour is true, which I doubt, but if it wa, which of the brothers would it be, becasue due to the recession, the older bro is a lot richer than his younger bro now 🙂