Hughton May Have To Play Khizanishvili And Kadar Saturday

Zurab Khizanishvili came though Georgia’ s 6-2 hammering in Bulgaria last night uninjured, and then sent a message to the Newcastle manager, that he was fit and ready to go against Nottingham Forest.

zurab   khizanishvili   -796642495

Zurab Khizanishvili – ready for Forest – good

As we learned this morning both Fabricio Coloccini and Steven Taylor are both struggling with injuries and Zurab may well have a key part to play on Saturday, in the nationally televised game which starts at 5:20 pm.

Newcastle manager Chris Hughton told the Chronicle today:

“Steven has a hamstring problem but we’re refusing to rule him out, and it’s the same for Colo.”

“We’ll see if we can get him involved with the main group first and get him up and running before we rule him out of Saturday.”

“Zurab is fine and so is Jonas Gutierrez.”

Good news also that the manager this afternoon confirmed that Marlon Harewood has recovered from his injury scare in training, when he sustained a foot problem on Tuesday.

Tamas Kadar is on standby for the Forest game, and if Taylor and Coloccini don’t make it, and we have every confidence that the 19 year-old can do the job on Saturday.

Hughton, quite understandably, believes the vast experience of Khizanishvili will be vital if Taylor and Coloccini miss the game on Saturday.

Chris continued:

“He is an international player who has played football at a  very good level.” “There’s also his personality.”

“He’s delighted to have come here and had an opportunity, and we’re delighted with him.”

“You never know when somebody comes how quickly they’re going to play, but an opening arose for him, and he’s been involved in the last three games.”

“He’s a good acquisition for us and we hope to see more of the same from him.”

And Newcastle are facing a Forest side in form, and they have won their last 3 league games as Hughton said:

“Their early season form wasn’t so good but they are in very good form now and will be looking forward to taking us on.”

“They have a lot of good options around the pitch and we expect a tough game.”

It will be a tough game, but with the players we have, there’s no reason why we cannot get our 8th league win of the season – and saty top of the league.

• G

Oct 15, 2009 at 1:42 PM

I think the jury is still out on Zurab like, not seen enough of him yet. He does look a little lightweight and stumpy for my liking, but if the boy can play, let him play. Not seen enough of Kadar either, but as long as he can head the ball away I will be happy to give him a game.

• Kevin Nichol

Oct 15, 2009 at 2:01 PM

G…Have you actually senn khiza play live yet?

Against Ipswich he had a great game at right back….

In the two home games; particularly against QPR he looked not only solid but also very classy and composed with th ball at his feet.

Against Bristol city he was yellow carded for a very important foul which would have left their forward in on goal….

This is at least the second time over the last day or so i’ve seen you post negative comments against a player who “in my opinion” has looked very good for us so far.

I personally have no qualms at all about him playing anywhere along the back four…

• G

Oct 15, 2009 at 2:04 PM

@ Kevin, yes I have, and I am concerned about his lack of physical prescence, however, if you read my comments properly you will see the words ‘not seen enough of him yet’. If you are still strugling with the obvious, I could draw you a picture perhaps?

• premier

Oct 15, 2009 at 2:14 PM

Being in a defence that concedes 6 hardly ideal prep for playing in a lightweight makeshift back 4!!

• G

Oct 15, 2009 at 2:21 PM

To be fair permier, he was part of a defence that conceded 6 in a full international match against a bulgaria side that contained at least 1 player I had heard of? Seriously tho, it’s just an opinion that to me he looks a bit short and lightweight, which are two qualities I don’t really like to see in defenders. If he can do the biz, I am happy to let him play in the team, I haven’t seen enough of him yet to be able to judge anything about his abilities.

• G

Oct 15, 2009 at 2:29 PM

Spelling let me down @ post 5 there, that was directed at premier… lesdyxia again!

• premier

Oct 15, 2009 at 3:17 PM

G–thought you had outed me as KK at first lol

• 09-10 return of the gud times

Oct 15, 2009 at 3:54 PM

hello all
    anyone got a prediction for a score on sat could be a tasty one am just glad the internationals are out the way saturdays are never the same on international weekends