Gutierrez And Nolan Both Looking For 3 Points At Scunthorpe

Jonas Gutierrez will have a big part to play for Newcastle this season, if  Newcastle are to get back to the Premier League at the first attempt.

81950553IH001_NEWCASTLE_TRAIN

Jonas Gutierrez – dream to play in the World Cup for Argentina

After his long trip back from Montevideo last last week,  Jonas got on in the second half  in our defeat at Nottingham Forest on Saturday night.

But he is expected to start on the left wing tomorrow night at Scunthorpe, and we’ll be expecting some good runs from the player. Certainly with only one goal scored in the last 3 games we need Jonas to create some chances for our strikers.

Jonas said today:

“It was fantastic on Wednesday night and it was dream to get to the World Cup but Argentina is finished now and I must focus on Newcastle,'”

“I want to get us back up and that is all I am thinking about. It was very nice for Diego Maradona to say that I am going to the World Cup.”

“But I can’t stop, I have to keep on playing my best for Newcastle and I must keep up my form.”

Newcastle were knocked off top place by West Bromwich Albion last weekend, as they handily beat Reading 3-1 at home.

Scunthorpe were buoyed by a 3-1 home victory over Sheffield United on Saturday, and will be full of confidence, just like Nottingham Forest were, to get their 4th league win on the trot against the Magpies.

Gutierrez has insisted that nothing less than a three-point haul will be acceptable for the Newcastle team tomorrow night, and we’ve taken just two points from our last three games, and have failed to score in our last two games. 🙁

Jonas added:

“I was very happy after getting to the World Cup and I wanted to celebrate with another win on Saturday,’

“It was a very hard game, though, and we didn’t play as well as we have been. I thought we did better after half-time and we should have got a draw at least.”

“But it is good that we have another match on Tuesday. We have to take the three points and get back to the top of the table.”

Midfielder Kevin Nolan, who like a lot of our players, was just invisible in the first half on Saturday, and he has today backed up the Gutierrez sentiments.

Kevin thinks things could get ugly in the visitors’ dressing room at Scunthorpe, if we don’t get all 3 points.

Kevin said:

“It’s difficult to explain why things were so poor at Forest but when it comes to naming names I think we could point the finger at every single player in our dressing room,”

“The fact is we’re not going to come to grounds and get it easy. We’ve got to get used to that. I’m not happy at all. I don’t think anyone is.”

“We’ve got a game on Tuesday at Scunthorpe and it will be the same again. We’ve got to put it right there. We expect a reaction, that’s for sure.”

“If we don’t get the right reaction, it’s going to be ugly. It’s not going to be a nice dressing room to come back into because we set high standards for ourselves.”

Kevin also called for the Newcastle squad to be strengthened over the weekend, and said that Chris Hughton’s requests for new players to Mike Ashley had been ignored.

It will therefore not come as good news to Kevin that Mike Ashley looks to be staying on Tyneside, at least until the summer.

It would appear that Chris will have to continue to manage the team on a shoe-string – even though he is expected to be appointed permanent manager in the next day or so.

Even without new investment, it will still be possible to be promoted, but we’ll have to ensure the injuries are at a minimum this season, and have some luck, and we’ve never been successful in either area for many seasons.

Comments always welcome.

• toonsy

Oct 19, 2009 at 6:22 PM

Jonas “I must keep up my form”

What form is he speaking about? He has been sh1t bar a handful of games!

• Shot Bru

Oct 19, 2009 at 6:24 PM

Here’s 3 points for Guttierez 1, head for the byeline, 2, lookup 3, cross the ball for one of your strikers 🙂

• toonsy

Oct 19, 2009 at 6:27 PM

I have my doubts that we will get anything tomorrow! Clueless Hughton and his “lump it up to the big guy” football. Scunthorpe beat Sheff Utd 3-1 at the weekend so they wint be the pushovers people are thinking!

• toonsy

Oct 19, 2009 at 6:28 PM

I have my doubts we will get any points tomorrow! Scunny beat Sheff Utd 3-1 at the weekend so they wont be the pushovers people are thinking!

• Mikey25

Oct 19, 2009 at 6:33 PM

I know the players have come out and said “give Hughton the job” but i’d really love to know what they’re thinking deep down! How many of them now are looking to the next 2 transfer windows to leave?

Nice advert…”come to Newcastle, play under Chris Hughton who you’ve probably never heard of, Mike Ashley is our successful owner who has come out and stated he does not know how to run a club…oh and the best part is our chairman ran naked across the field, oh wait were in the championship too which as good as the name sounds its the second tier in english football” seriously in a few years we’ve gone from one of Englands most promising, well known teams to a joke!!

• chuck

Oct 19, 2009 at 7:00 PM

Can`t imagine what may be printed on this blog were we to lose against “Scunthorpe”.
    Only positive may be a “wakeup call” for MA
    there`s no guarantee`s in regard to promotion and it`s a forty something game season.
    It should be plain to even (i admit to knowing little about football) Mike Ashley, the side needs strengthening, hey it`s more in his interest than the average fan, could cost him big bucks.

• Big Dave

Oct 19, 2009 at 7:01 PM

We have been shit poor the last few games and if we are truthfull we are lucky that other teams have been helping us stay top

• sirjasontoon

Oct 19, 2009 at 7:08 PM

WTF!!

Jonas you have shown no form since joining NUFC,Your crossing is fking awful and your shooting is terrible.

• sirjasontoon

Oct 19, 2009 at 7:10 PM

No points tomorrow…..the rot has set in….we will lucky to get a shot on goal the way we are playing.

Dull.

• ginkoh

Oct 19, 2009 at 7:10 PM

Whatever will be, will be. I just already lose my love in the game because the Ashley and co. legend.

Now I know how Shay feel when he want to leave us.

• BigLish

Oct 19, 2009 at 7:31 PM

With respect, why can’t jonas, Nolan and the rest of the underperforming tossers just shut up and concentrate on doing what they get paid to do … Play football! It really boils my urine when players come out after a shit performance and result and go on about getting 3 points. Just concentrate on putting the wrongs right for gods sake!

• Nick D

Oct 19, 2009 at 7:55 PM

Ed you say manage on a shoestring.
    Our squad is worth millions compared to the likes of Blackpool, forest, Bristol city etc.

Look at our bench the other night ; krul, spidey, Butt (thank god), Ranger, geremi, etc. Barton, Colo, Taylor and Shola all to come back. Most championship sides would kill to have our resources.

This wafer thin squad bit really doesn’t wash.
    We had a bloated squad that has been sensibly trimmed. Only downside is we have a long ball team and no creativity.

• dave 1961

Oct 19, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Hughton is now claiming “The quality of this league is very good, when we all know its crap, nothing like talking up the position, no doubt an excuse, for when we are next beaten, they are so good they usually return back from the premier within 2 years. what a clown.

• Mags

Oct 19, 2009 at 8:18 PM

I have said it before and I will say it again …. all fur coat and no knickers sums him up to perfection.

• 09-10 return of the gud times

Oct 19, 2009 at 8:48 PM

alrtight all
    for months now we ve been wanting to hear somthing come out of that fat non return hole for pies otherwise known as ashleys gob and reading the crap that he finally did come up with after months all i want to hear from him is either somone reading his suicide note or an announcement that he s finally put us out of our misery and sold the fkin club

• nufc2009

Oct 19, 2009 at 9:09 PM

people ssay hughton has done a good job managing us but if u think about the squad still has premiership class and if we get promoted and hughton is in charge we will gt relegated again ASHLEY OUTTT WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING

• ashleys wallets cobwebs

Oct 19, 2009 at 9:27 PM

i cant believe what is happening, i knew he was going to do this, and then he comes out and says he doesnt know how to run a football club , but, he wants final say on all players bought, f*ck me, how has he not learnt from his mistakes ?how has he even made a single penny from any business at all, the wanker must be the luckiest bastard around cause thats the only way he could possibly have made a success of anything he is involved in, honestly i hate him

• Toon_Factor

Oct 19, 2009 at 9:30 PM

Team tomorrow,

_______________Harper_____________

Simpson_____Khizan____Kadar____Enrique

R.Taylor_____Smith____Guthrie____Jonas

________Hare/Ranger___Lovenkrands____

Nolan’s been far to anonyms, lazy, slow and slighting weak recently and Guthrie is more lively when in the centre. Also Kadar MUST start, Simpson cant play centre back, far to small and weak. Carroll is crap! no first touch, cant shoot, cant hold the ball up, cant beat a man and his only strength is his heading.

• buda boom

Oct 19, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Fraser Forster just flogged the game versus dirty leeds

• Big Dave

Oct 19, 2009 at 9:48 PM

T-F i would start Ranger or Carroll 😉 over the hare

• buda boom

Oct 19, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Nearly with you Toon Factor but I cannot have Zhurab at the centre of the defence. He is a full back or nothing.
    Lovenkrands yet to convince me but i guess he suffers from our style of play or lack of it.
    I don’t think he is suited to a hoof up the field and chase after it. Until we radically change the midfield that aint gonna happen.

• buda boom

Oct 19, 2009 at 9:54 PM

Dear Grim Reaper
    This year you have taken my favourite actor Patrick Swayze. You have taken my favourite chef Keith Floyd. You have taken my favourite pop singer Steven Gately
    Just to let you know my favourite football club owner is Mike Ashley

• Toon_Factor

Oct 19, 2009 at 9:59 PM

buda boom

Yes but Zhurab’s the only alternative, agree with you about Lovenkrands though, my old sunday league team used to play bettre football than us. Hey Chris tell the players to pass and move then we might get somewhere, im sick of the players standing still waiting for the ball, we have no movement whatsoever!

• Toon_Factor

Oct 19, 2009 at 10:01 PM

buda boom

Are you Nufc1965 or have you just copied and pasted that post from him on teamtalk?

• MacToon

Oct 19, 2009 at 10:21 PM

What a load of *****.

Last season all over again. How can 40,000+ be happy to turn up, throw their hard earned money at this club and go home happy to return next home game…… the mind boggles.

Un-fit to own club IMO, clueless!

• p doff

Oct 19, 2009 at 11:05 PM

NUFC in must win match at Scunthorpe?
    The beam me up Scotty Button must have misdirected me to a Red Dwarf or the Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy

• dave 1961

Oct 19, 2009 at 11:22 PM

well i am going to bed to dream of Ashley’s death, remember the arsenal game and Uri Geller, has anyone wondered what he could do with helicopter rota blades, although knowing that lump of elephants dung, he would probably land on a giant pie and survive.

• NewcastleMole

Oct 20, 2009 at 1:39 AM

Harper

Khizanishvili Simpson Kadar Enrique

LuaLua Smith Nolan Jonas

Carroll Ranger

• G

Oct 20, 2009 at 2:24 AM

Jonas and Nolan, as well as Jose, Nile, Guthrie, Saylor and Raylor will all be thinking is ‘I hope my agent has lined up a decent club for me in January’ because lets face it, CH is not a manager, his words earlier in the year, not mine. Its great the players have supported a decent man doing a decent job, but right now they are all thinking ‘holy sh1t, this want meant to happen’. Down we go, final position this season will now be round about 11th.

• G

Oct 20, 2009 at 2:30 AM

I really really wish I had been born into a family that supported Hartlepool or Carlisle by the way. Somebody pass me the wilkinson swords or prozac!
    It breaks my heart, but in less than 2 years, Leeds fans will be laughing at us… with cause!

• Bao Zheng

Oct 20, 2009 at 2:58 AM

Gutierrez And Nolan Both Looking For 3 Points At Scunthorpe – you would hope the whole bldy squad are looking for a win at Scunthorpe without the need for a press announcement. What next “Shola interested in football career – I am still young enough pleads Bambi”! The 98 point whatever that voted against Hughton were right, and Shearer’s not the issue Chris mate – you are.

• Nick D

Oct 20, 2009 at 8:04 AM

yes not sure about Forster at all. seen him throw a couple in this season. Doesn’t get down or over to free kicks very well at all. certainly not in the Krul class.

• yemozone

Oct 20, 2009 at 8:37 AM

The football club needs prayers. Divine intervention because MA wants to ruin the club.

• yemozone

Oct 20, 2009 at 8:44 AM

jonas has been s**t since we bought him

• will die for the toon army

Oct 20, 2009 at 9:01 AM

Looking at all this we were all happy with MA. He fired Big Sam for us until KK came and then he left for a small reason I dont understand and then from that moment MA became the enemy.

I dont mind MA and I have never he is a man who set his goals and werent achieved. He loved us watched games with us with no fear had KK name on the back of his T.shirt.

I still think KK coming back was wrong move and the turning point for the club. I only wish we had got another manager.(Dechamps or Macelino).

Al has no experience not even coaching anywhere.

• Bigbadbob

Oct 20, 2009 at 9:06 AM

Once again TrueFaith has got it spot on for me, nice description of stardust in the second last paragraph

• lesh

Oct 20, 2009 at 9:22 AM

I may well be wrong, but we were doing ever so well up until three matches ago.

So, what’s happened to knock the fighting spirit out of the lads?

Could in be coincidence that there’ve been two new arrivals in the dressing room?

• dave 1961

Oct 20, 2009 at 9:41 AM

the way i see it the players knuckled down as they expected shearer to be appointed, as time went by & they discovered they were to get Hughton, they just returned to their sloppy ways again. you will see as time goes on the team will become more unfit, as Hughton has reverted to a single training session, instead of Shearers double. in discipline is returning, players are ignoring Hughton now, this will get worse, when we get to winter the squad will become more unsettled then the transfer request will be put in, where will it end?.

• sahota

Oct 20, 2009 at 10:26 AM

We can not just guess what is going on. This Shearer theory I don’t rely on. Nobody was 100% sure that Shearer is coming back. Atleast after 4-5 weeks from relegation everyone was able to guess what game Ashley is playing. Even you don’t know if its Mike’s fault that we are not sold. Don’t take me wrong, I don’t like Mike but thing is in reality might be he is true that no one has shown proof of money.

Only thing I am hoping is we win our next two games and go top of league. But Mike should move on ASAP. JAN transfer window will be key I am sure he will sell 3-4 key players and will run away with cash.

and JONAS you please score some goals…even better just learn how to cross the ball.