Hughton To Be Appointed Manager Until End Of Season

A we had expected Chris Hughton will be given a new contract until the end of the season with an option for another year should Ashley decide to keep the club passed the summer (that would be disastrous)

chris hughton   -34264948

Chris Hughton – new manager by tomorrow?

That’s the news today and Chris may even be installed as the new permanent manager before the start of the game at home to Doncaster tomorrow.

That’s going to be an important game for the lads to get back to their winning ways before we lose too many points in the promotion race.

The big question is whether Chris will be given the funds to strengthen the squad,  because it’s more obvious than ever that the squad is just not good enough in depth.

Chris said today:

“The new contract is a case of crossing the t’s and dotting the I’s,” “What I have had is an offer. We are in discussions at the moment and I would hope to be sorted soon.”

“What is fact is they want me to be the manager and I want to be the manager.” “There has been an offer which I want to accept and we are in discussions.”

“The biggest part for me is the fact the club want me to be manager and I will get the chance hopefully to get this team back into the Premier League.”

“Will it give me more power? What is normal is when someone is on a contract they are in a stronger position then perhaps when they are not. I am hoping to sign the deal very, very soon.”

That was confirmed by Derek Llambias, and apparently the club is also hoping to clarify the situation regarding any possible takeovers within the next few days.

The possibility is they will again take the club off the market.

But why appoint a permanent manager before that is sorted seems strange, but maybe that’s how this lot do their business – back to front.

Unfortunately we may be stuck with Ashley and LLambias until the end of the season – a daunting prospect indeed, but they can help themselves by finding some money for Chris in the January transfer window.

It will not only help the club but help themselves too,  since the club will at least double in price if we can get promoted.

• premier

Oct 23, 2009 at 9:43 AM

Yahoo!!!!!!!
    Ample reward for last 4 games

• sirjasontoon

Oct 23, 2009 at 9:45 AM

Dream On…we are heading backwards CH.

• TonyGreenSupreme

Oct 23, 2009 at 9:53 AM

I personally have no problems with this short term appointment.

• lesh

Oct 23, 2009 at 10:05 AM

I’d suggest this is a good move as it provides stability ’til the end of the season and removes any speculation re the manager role – which stablished manager’d take the job ’til season’s end?

And, if Ashley’s got any sense, he’ll not take the club off the market and at the same time, stop actively trying to sell it. He should not put it on the market at the end of the season as this will bring further uncertainties and thus disruption to the pre-season.

The ideal would be to let the buyers quietly come to the club, negotiate, strike a deal and announce the new owner’s intallation, mission stratement, objectives, strategy and investment plans at the end of this season.

Oh for the perfect world…… back to sleep now!

• G

Oct 23, 2009 at 10:33 AM

Has this deffo been confirmed that this is only an appointment till the end of season? I see no evidence of this on offical threads, so it sounds like speculation to me. If so, then fine, but long term I really do not think CH is up to the task. Certainly when the pressure is on at the end of the season we will have a true measure of his charecter.

• lesh

Oct 23, 2009 at 11:04 AM

It’s understandable you’ve seen nothing on official threads given the mess they got themselves over Keegan and casting their lies to print!

Terms have probably been vaguley discussed, implied and exemplied by different scenaria… will they ever learn?

• Sav

Oct 23, 2009 at 11:16 AM

I don’t think its thst realistic to say we will double in value if promoted. If the Prem was such a gravy train, how come Ashley lost over a hundred million since taking over pulling us out of debt. The gate receipts can’t be that much more than currently as we are not that far off capacity for most home games. And as for Sky revenue, that will surely have to be spent (and then some) on a few Premiership quality players, because looking around our current squad, there aren’t too many evident right now.

• p doff

Oct 23, 2009 at 12:56 PM

“I will get the chance, hopefully< to get the club back into the prem"
    Done a great job so far, last four games have been real challenge for promotion.
    Dictators only want sycophants, Cashley is getting another one.

• Paul141726

Oct 23, 2009 at 1:12 PM

Fat MA will be keeping the club no matter what happens this year. My feeling is, not only does he want his pound of flesh from all those saying he’s an idiot or worse (me included), but also a profit if someone or some consortium comes up with his price. Moat’s bid must be found wanting, if there was a bid at all, and the other rumors of bids seem to be just that-rumors.
    Hughton for the job-fine. But, since he’s not going to get any funding for players in the next window, we will need to keep everyone as healthy as possible. This doesn’t seem likely as we already have too many on the physio table.
    Lastly, the only way we will see other players coming in will be on loan or by selling some already here.

• harry861

Oct 24, 2009 at 10:11 AM

Mike Ashley had the chance to make big difference when we got relegated end of last season. He had at his disposable Alan Shearer To start a fresh this season & release the overpaid & underrated players & let Alan get the players he wanted & get on with job.

What did he do parted with Alan & he brought in Joe Kinnear. You wonder about his acumen in business after poor old Joe illness did not appointment top manager & let Chris get on with it.
    I must say the financial advisers who advised him before he bought the club, he should sued them.
    Before we bought our property we did get surveyor to survey the property & just make sure it was sound investment before buying it, this is common sense.

What did do; well that’s history. He can’t sell the club & having to cough up money for the lies he & his cohorts did over Kevin Keegan. Bring in crap advisers mainly London Mafia.
    Downward slide out of Premier League.

Now we’re in the Championship & where doing well under Hughton & Calderwood they’re going to be offered full time managers job how long for ? Very short period no problem otherwise permanent no, sorry this would be backwood step.

The only solution to get over this past year is for Mike Ashley either invest & get top manager if he doesn’t want Alan Shearer. If not please Sell