Kevin Nolan A Massive Player In Newcastle Dressing Room

Kevin Nolan already has 7 goals for Newcastle this season and has been one of Newcastle’s best performers.

kevin nolan  -546345259

Kevin Nolan – big leader at Newcastle

Now Nolan is leading the charge to start easing some of the painful memories of the last couple of games at Nottingham Forest and Scunthorpe in the last week.

And the battling player told the Evening Chronicle today:

“To be quite honest, in the two years at Bolton I probably wasn’t quite in the condition I wanted to be in.” “No disrespect to what Bolton had, but it was just a fact that I was carrying a lot of knocks.”

“I had problems with my ankle, and problems with my ribs, and it takes its toll in the end.”   “I could never, ever go through a proper week’s training, and someone like me needs to be training day in, day out, and that’s what I’ve done since I’ve come back for pre-season.”

Kevin didn’t play toow ell when he joined in January, but in retrospect the former Bolton midfielder signed for Newcastle just two weeks after having surgery on an foot problem.

Kevin has today thanked Newcastle’s backroom staff for their efforts:

“I had an operation a couple of weeks before I came, and Jamie Murphy and all the backroom staff have been fantastic.”

“They’ve looked after me – that’s been a major plus for me.” “When they’ve had to pull me out, they’ve pulled me out.”

“That’s one thing I’ve got to thank them for – they’ve looked after me as an individual.” “That’s what’s brilliant here.”

Nolan has been a big influential figure in the dressing room this season, and he’s now become the player we thought we were signing when he arrived in January.

Long may he prosper on Tyneside.

• G

Oct 23, 2009 at 1:38 PM

Nolan is a good solid player, I would like to see the Nolan of old from a couple of years back where he was very much the box-to-box midfielder. He is starting to get some of his form back, but I think there is still more to come from him.

• premier

Oct 23, 2009 at 1:39 PM

“Kevin is saying today that joining Newcastle has said Newcastle have handed him a new lease of life.”
    Make sense of that Ed!!

A new lease of life eh–is it his first time in fizzy pop cos obviously his level. God knows where goals are coming from like if Bolton scrape together his now inflated wages and take him back

• banana strip

Oct 23, 2009 at 1:44 PM

CH and the players need to shut the ‘f u c k up and concentrate on saturday’s game, cause we really can’t afford to lose more points.

• shrews mag

Oct 23, 2009 at 3:32 PM

“kevin nolan a massive player in newcastle dressing room”

is this the equivelant of soccer am’s ‘who’s longest in the shower’

i think we should keep these references out of football and concentrate on what’s happening on the pitch … lol

• chuck

Oct 23, 2009 at 8:01 PM

Yeah one of the few decent players at the club, had ambitions of playing for England a few seasons ago.
    Should give Trapatoni a call, as he does`nt look likely to get an Engerland call I understand he is qualified to play for the Irish Republic and would fit well with the side.
    Of course he would have to be interested.

• Marty-Toon

Oct 23, 2009 at 10:35 PM

Chuck…..
    Are you serious that he is available to play for the Republic????
    That would be great to get him in the team.
    If they could just get steven Ireland and him to join it would be a good squad