We Just Have To Get On With It Now – Howay The Lads!

Even though a lot of us are still upset about Mike Ashley staying at the club, there’s really not much we can do about it.

chris hughton colin calderwood 22

Colin and Chris – what they do best – on the training field

Steve Wraith, editor of Players Inc fanzine, struck the right note earlier today when he said:

“We have just got to get on with it now – Mike Ashley’s in charge of the club, there’s nothing we can do about it.”

“Let’s just get on as best we can, live together in harmony and hope that Chris Hughton can pull off the impossible and get a team promoted without any money being spent on it.”

Good, mature words from Steve, and Bobby Moncur has also come out today and said almost the same thing – here’s part of his interview with the Evening Chronicle today:

“I want to see Newcastle back in the Premier League.” “I’m sure the fans want to see as well.”

“They’ve obviously made a decision and that’s one they have come to after failing to sell the club.” “Chris has now got the title as manager so he must just get on with the job he’s already started.”

Time to put our disappointments of last night behind us – and get behind the lads – and who knows promotion can still be ours – and what a great accomplishment that would be.

Hey, a win next Monday night at Sheffield United, when we may well have both Steven Taylor and Fabricio Colocvcini back in the side, and a home win the following Saturday at St. James’ Park against a beatable Peterborough United (only 3 draws in their 7 away games), would be great start to the rest of the season.

Howay The Lads – we can do it!

• sirjasontoon

Oct 28, 2009 at 5:07 PM

• G

Oct 28, 2009 at 5:12 PM

I want to see the team back in the Prem too, but with the current regime not giving up their seats, and us unable to force the issue, I can’t see us staying in the prem for now. We might as well change our name to West Brom now!

• Mags

Oct 28, 2009 at 5:24 PM

If’getting on with it’ means continuing to support the team, then I will be doing this.

But do not expect me to support a puppet manager to that philistine owner. I cannot.

• Doocey

Oct 28, 2009 at 5:36 PM

Indeed we do need to get on with things Ed but that doesn’t mean we support the current owner.

He’s been at the heart of the demise of this club and the rotting hasn’t stopped yet.
    Hopefully come May, we’ll be in the play-off’s / promoted and we can finally flog this ‘football club owner’ we have.

Saying that, we’re in for a hard road between now and the new year and nothing is guaranteed that we’ll be anywhere near the promotion places.

• WELSH TOON

Oct 28, 2009 at 5:39 PM

My friend tells me that if you win the CCC you get £60 mil, does anyone no if this is true? If this is true then that is obviously why Ashley is staying he will get £60 mil if we win and he can get more money for the club iswell. And I can garantee we wont see any of the money!

If Ashley changes the name of the stadium I will be disgraced, direspectful fay f**k

• Mags

Oct 28, 2009 at 5:43 PM

Welsh Toon, I will stand corrected, but I think the biggest payout, is the team that come through third from the play offs and the final; I think that is where this amount comes from.

• lesh

Oct 28, 2009 at 5:53 PM

Spot on Ed, we’ve no choice but to go with the flow and hope for common sense to prevail.

• ginkoh

Oct 28, 2009 at 6:36 PM

Totally agree with that. We cannot do anything with this situation now. Only thing we can do is just live on with it.

• sirjasontoon

Oct 28, 2009 at 6:59 PM

Ginkoh are you a geordie?

• sirjasontoon

Oct 28, 2009 at 7:01 PM

ASHLEY OUT and take your Puppet Chris Houghton with you!

• Marty-Toon

Oct 28, 2009 at 8:16 PM

SJT and all the others that keep writing ASHLEY OUT can stop it now or come up with the money yourselves!!!!!!!!
    We all want him out-FACT
    No one who has the money to buy the club wants it-FACT
    ANYONE who wants it doesn`t have the cash-FACT
    We are stuck with him-FACT
    He will put the club up for sale again-FACT
    No one can stop him without the cash-FACT

This is a crap situation to be in but how can we change it without a consortium?
    Let`s back CH as we wont get anyone else.
    DOes the team have to suffer with supporters not wanting to turn up for games?
    It`S a difficult one lads but i like all of you LOVE the TOON and will continue my support but living out of the country cannot be there in person 🙁
    Howay the lads

• ginkoh

Oct 29, 2009 at 4:38 AM

I’m not live in Newcatle but I have supported Toon more than 15 yrs. It’s hurt to hear MA still be our owner at least next season but what can we do ?

Last year is the most terrible memory I ever had in my life as Newcastle supporter. Sad that it still going on worst to worst.