Ashley Will Support Hughton To Ensure Newcastle Promoted

Chris Hughton seems to have taken another shot at trying to explain what he thinks the £20M, said to be  given to the club by owner Mike Ashley (we’re still ot fully convinced it isn’t another PR exercise), will actually be used for.

Chris Hughton 460

Chris Hughton – another explanation – is this one right?

Chris talked to the Newcastle Journal this morning:

“The money that has been put into the club is money that had to be put into it anyway. I have not been told any figures, but what I have been told is that I will be supported in their endeavors to get things right on the pitch.”

“Of course around that will be the January window and outside that will of course be loan signings that every club in this division will endeavor to bring in.”

“What you have is a club that wants to get back in to the Premier League and the best opportunity to get back into Premier League is the first opportunity and the club is aware of that. The most important thing for me is that I have been given assurances that I will be backed in the windows.”

Actions are the only thing that will ever persuade Newcastle fans that Ashley has to good of the club at heart.

His words are not ot be believed – but hey, we still hope the man will come through in January for the good of the club.

We’ll know by January 31st, and probably before that,  if his words have been truthful – must remember to put an article out at that time.

And if Ashley has come through with the money and support for Chris – we’ll try to compliment him – but as you know how difficult that can be with this guy.

Hughton continued:

“This is a big club that wants to be in the Premier League. What we have had to do is take a massive step backwards.” (he’s right there – it was a monumental step backwards)

“We are not in the Premier League any more so it is almost like building again, and what we have to do is take the appropriate steps as they come along.”

If Newcastle fans could wish for what would happen his season, what has actually transpired wouldn’t be too far away from what they would have wished for. Hey, it’s a lot better than being say 3rd bottom.

But now is the time for our players to stand up and be brave and start to produce the form we know they are capable of – and that starts tonight against Sheffield United, and that’s whether or not Sheffield raise their game.

Howay The Lads!

• komfort

Nov 2, 2009 at 11:25 AM

– ashley will support hughton to ensure newcastle promoted – and the band played believe it if you like…..

• Fak_you_ashley

Nov 2, 2009 at 11:33 AM

Lmao, how’s he gonna support him, by giving him cash to spend on new signings, or will he support him by selling more players like ranger, smith ,spidey ect…

• Fak_you_ashley

Nov 2, 2009 at 11:35 AM

so how you guys doing?, anyone going to the match?, just wondering?. 😀

• toonsy

Nov 2, 2009 at 11:43 AM

I cant go tonight as im working, i cant even watch the bloody game on telly 🙁

So, Hughton will be backed then? Is this the same backing Keegan had?

• G

Nov 2, 2009 at 11:47 AM

Loads of bods from my gaff going tonight, including myself. Leaving work for the 2pm train down there, will be in the Bowery before the game. Decent music, decent beer. Come on the toon.

• premier

Nov 2, 2009 at 11:53 AM

with support from him CH certainly needs all the other help he can get!!

• Tel

Nov 2, 2009 at 11:58 AM

Dont believe a word M.A. says, he is a proven liar with contempt for the city of newcastle, the club, its fans and its history. On another note I am off to the game, will leave around 5:30, one of the benefits of living in yorkshire, on the other hand its a long trek to every home game. But still do it week in and week out.

• Geordiedoonsooth

Nov 2, 2009 at 12:01 PM

Another apck of lies from fat tw*t, lamearse & his lapdog (CH)

• Ericles

Nov 2, 2009 at 12:09 PM

Well said Geordiedoonsouth. Ashley is trying to destroy our club and heritage with his greed. All I am looking forward to today is us beating Sheff Utd. I know this is not the proper forum to say this but my 34 year old son died on Saturday night and I am so much going to miss him beside me when we watch tonight. Howay the lads – we must march on. Cheers.

• lesh

Nov 2, 2009 at 12:11 PM

Past actions suggest that Ashley’s support’ll be akin to setting out the deckchairs on the Titanic!

• komfort

Nov 2, 2009 at 12:11 PM

erricles – that’s terrible , i hope the lad didn’t suffer to much.

• G

Nov 2, 2009 at 12:18 PM

Sorry to hear about your loss Erricles, that’s no age at all. I’m sure he will be with you in spirit though.

• Nick D

Nov 2, 2009 at 12:24 PM

Ericles terrible news mate, all my condolencies.

• listie

Nov 2, 2009 at 12:30 PM

its the wording that has me worried, MA has said he is putting £20m into the club, not £20m for new players. I think that money will just be swallowed up by the massive overheads the club can’t afford 🙁
    It will be more loaders is my saddened gut feel, but hope i’m proved wrong

• Toonkistan

Nov 2, 2009 at 12:30 PM

Ericles sorry to hear about your tragic loss

• Graeme

Nov 2, 2009 at 12:37 PM

Ericles, condolences on the loss of your son, its something no parent should go through.

How do you know the FCB is lieing?? His lips are moving. I wouldnt trust him as far as I could throw him and given the size of his gut, that wont be very far!!

• sirjasontoon

Nov 2, 2009 at 12:50 PM

Houghton will be backed alright….backed into a dark corner and shafted by the Gimps running the puppet show.

• sirjasontoon

Nov 2, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Ericles sorry to hear that….my thoughts are with you and your family.

• magpie6699

Nov 2, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Ericles – what can I say – puts things totally in proportion.

• sirjasontoon

Nov 2, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Talk is cheap from the Puppet and his masters….nobody believes anything anymore….it has been nothing but lies and false promises from day 1.

Ashley will sell more players in January…bring in a few halfwits on loan and a few foreign 12 year olds.

The worst is yet to come.

• Tel

Nov 2, 2009 at 1:16 PM

Condolences Ericles, my thoughts are with you and your loved ones , lets hope for a win for your son.

• Mags

Nov 2, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Ericles – I am so sorry to hear of your tragic loss, my sincere condolences

• batty

Nov 2, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Ericles // Nov <<<< ffs mate every parents worse night mare wouldnt want to imagine what your going through

• Doocey

Nov 2, 2009 at 5:13 PM

Ericles :

Sorry to hear that, let’s hope the Toon do him proud.

• chuck

Nov 2, 2009 at 7:01 PM

Dont bet the farm on it !
    I mean that Hughton will receive funds to sign enough talent, that will ensure we are promoted.
    Sure it`s a no brainer , a thin squad with around two thirds of the season left obviously needs reinforcing.
    Hopefully even the blind leading the blind (Ashley&Llambias) can figure it out.
    A season without promotion is a wasted opportunity and only makes it more difficult with each season spent in the second tier.
    It`s not inconceivable we could become another Leeds or Notts. Forrest.
    If there`s any ambition @ this club it should become a priority for those running it to do what`s necessary in order to regain top flight football.
    Question is do they realize what`s at stake here,
    obviously they gambled on staying up last season (and we should have) are we to see a repeat in regard to promotion this season ?
    Going on Ashleys history digging into his pocket (even if it`s in his best interest) is not his favorite thing to do.
    We may even see players sold during the Jan. window.
    So as I mentioned, dont bet on him spending.

• zico martin

Nov 3, 2009 at 12:33 AM

ericles really sorry to hear of your loss as a parent it pains me to even think what you’ll be going through.