Moses Bid Rejected – Will Newcastle Bid Higher?


Newcastle have been told to raise their bid to more than £2M, if they are to be successful in signing Crystal Palace starlet Victor Moses.

Victor Moses – would look great in black and white shirt

Apparently Newcastle put ina decent first bid of £1.5M for the teenager, immediately following the 2-0 win over Palace on Wednesday.

However, the London club’s administrators want in excess of £2M for the 19-year-old, and you can hardly blame them, given the status of Palace’s finances.

We would hope (is pray the right word?)  Newcastle will raise their bid, because the lad will be worth a lot more than this fee in a year or two, that’s for sure.

We should also try to wrap up the deal before top Premier League clubs get interested – hey – what’s Mike Ashley’s phone number?

Stoke and Manchester City are the other interested clubs, but Moses’ agent Tony Finnigan said there have as yet been no bids from any PL club.

Moses would like to join a Championship side so he gets playing time, and he would hardly get that at most Premier League sides.

Finnigan last night told The Newcastle Journal:

“I know that Newcastle United are seriously interested in Victor and have made a bid,”

“At the moment there are three clubs interested and they are all Championship clubs but there are others who have been mentioned as well, such as Manchester City.”

“The interest of Nottingham Forest and West Brom is well documented, but I don’t know whether any Premier League clubs would be prepared to take a punt on a kid who has not played in that division yet.”

“Lots of teams have watched him,  but it’s whether they’re prepared to go the next step and put money on the table like some of the clubs have done.”

Moses, at just 19 has huge potential value, and we really believe Newcastle will go back with an improved offer, because the fans have been more than excited about the possibility of this player arriving on Tyneside.

It would give the team more creativity, and with newly acquired Wayne Routledge, would make Newcastle a much better attacking side, and draw back full house crowds at St. James’ Park, even in the Championship.

Newcastle manager  Hughton is said to be satisfied with the transfer business in January so far, but still wants two more new players to come in before Monday afternoon’s transfer deadline.

We have to hope Moses in one of them.

What do you think?

Comments always welcome.



You can share this articleShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someonePin on PinterestDigg thisShare on LinkedInShare on RedditShare on Tumblr

5 comments so far

You must log in to post a comment.