The news is encouraging this morning that Newcastle United are in with a decent chance of singing Victor Moses from Crystal Palace for around £2M.
Moses – impressed with Newcastle crowd Wednesday
The Magpies were offered some encouragement by Moses’ agent Tony Finnegan last night.
Tony said that Moses had been “impressed” by the set up at St James’ Park, but of course agents always tell prospective teams good things – to keep them interested.
Finnegan told the Newcastle Journal last night:
“He went there on Wednesday and was impressed by the stadium and the fact there were 40,000 odd for a midweek game.”
“Obviously that made an impression on Victor,” “We’re all just waiting for the administrators’ next move now.”
Hughton was full of praise for 19 year-old Moses at yesterday’s press conference, and the lad seems to have moved ahead of James Vaughan as the club’s priority striking target.
That’s fine with us, because James was only coming on loan in any case.
Chris Hughton said:
“It’s been documented that we are very interested in signing the lad,” “It’s (Moses) one we have a very, very keen interest in.”
“He is a player who has an ability to score goals. There is power and pace, but it is his potential.”
“Around what we are trying to do here this season, which is the most important thing, there also has to be an eye on the future – and he is certainly a player of wonderful potential.”
Capturing Moses would delight the Newcastle faithful, and that may be an understatement, because it would be a statement of intent that Newcastle United may indeed be on the way back to becoming a strong side again.
In fact it would be the best singing we’ve made for some time.
It would also round off a very successful transfer window for Newcastle, who travel to Leicester City for a televised clash this afternoon, which will be seen around the world.
Signing Moses would be terrific and the icing on the cake for an excellent January transfer window for Newcastle United.
Howay The Lads!!