It’s A Dream Come True To Play For Newcastle

As well as being interviewed by the Evening Chronicle, new signing Leon Bent has also given an interview this morning to Newcastle United TV.

Leon Best – on Newcastle United TV

Leon talked to Newcastle United TV this morning:

“I just can’t wait for my chance to play in a winning team with so much quality – it’s all I’ve ever wanted,”

“I’m definitely coming here in what has been my best season yet. I’ve been injury free and have played almost every game.”

“I’ve also got ten goals now and have had a couple of good little runs where I’ve scored in successive games.”

“This is a huge chance for me to show what I can do in a top team.”

“I feel like I’m in good form and feel confident that I’ll be able to score more goals with these players around me.”

Best only got to know about Newcastle’s interest on Sunday night, and says he didn’t have to think too long before saying yes:

“I didn’t have to think about it – it was unbelievable.””It’s a dream come true to play for this football club and I’m so excited – over excited really!”

“I just can’t wait to get started and meet the boys and help get us back into the Premier League, because that is where this club belongs.”

We expect Leon to start the game on Friday night, and probably be partnered with in-form Danish International Peter Lovenkrands.

That’s unless Chris Hughton wants to play 4-3-3, and play more of our strikers, much like Kevin Keegan did a couple of years ago.

That would be interesting.

• toonwright

Feb 2, 2010 at 1:08 PM

is it just me or does every player we ever sign say its a dream come true to play for newcastle but they dnt seem to play lyk it is

• NewcastleMole

Feb 2, 2010 at 1:17 PM

@toonwright
    You have to read in-between the lines a bit

“It’s a dream come true to play for this football club and I’m so excited – over excited really!”

Really means

“Wow i can’t believe they’re paying me this much, if you want to find me i’ll be up the Bigg market most nights”

Can you believe Mido Signed for £1,000 a week at west ham because he wants to play football and prove to people he’s a good player

Then there John Terry £160,000 a week, England Captain, Chelsea Captain, Shags Best Mate’s Mrs

If you want my Opinion Best has the playboy image. I just want him like all the squad to give 100% every match.

• NewcastleMole

Feb 2, 2010 at 1:19 PM

@Ed
    First line “Leon Bent”

• toonwright

Feb 2, 2010 at 1:27 PM

@NewcastleMole
    i wayne bridge has refused to play for england aswell apparently while john terry is there i hope he shags heskeys wife too

• NewcastleMole

Feb 2, 2010 at 1:29 PM

@toonwright

honestly not 5mins ago i just read that joke somewhere else lol

• toonwright

Feb 2, 2010 at 1:34 PM

lol everyone must be thinkin it thats why do you know why lua lua hasnt had a look in this season also

• lesh

Feb 2, 2010 at 1:37 PM

NewcastleMole // Feb 2, 2010 at 1:29 PM

@toonwright

honestly not 5mins ago i just read that joke somewhere else lol

I received on the mobile about 715am GMT!

Who thinks these things up so quickly?

• Toon Sweden77

Feb 2, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Not a kind of signing that made me go out and dancing in the streets but he says the right things and I really hope he surprise us and scores a lot of goals.

• Toon Sweden77

Feb 2, 2010 at 1:40 PM

Dont ment to sound negative, im happy hes in and I think Chris and his staff has done a great job in this transferwindow.

• NewcastleMole

Feb 2, 2010 at 1:52 PM

LuaLua isn’t been given a look in. I think he’s capable enough in this division. And his Skill and dribbling is an asset which were lacking currently. He still quite raw and has alot to learn but he would learn faster getting some first team action.

Hughton wont pick him because he wants promotion and he always picks the senior players, fair enough that is our priority but when if ever are we going to blood the youngsters.

Ranger is another which should be given more playing time, i think the unpredictability these youngster have could give us an advantage.

• NUFC-0809-Oh Dear

Feb 2, 2010 at 2:27 PM

All players use the same script no matter who they are signing for or where they have come from, seriously, why bother patronising the fans, yes you have signed for us, we know you dont support the club, and we were not the club you supported as a boy, your here for money

• Raffo

Feb 2, 2010 at 2:32 PM

Lua Lua has been injured but I believe he is playing for the reserves tonight

• geordie deb

Feb 2, 2010 at 2:43 PM

Leave the lad alone – what’s he supposed to say. Christ I wish some of you would stop moaning

• shearer4pm

Feb 2, 2010 at 5:22 PM

im from a place called bruton in somerset about 15 miles from yeovil…look it up if you think im lying….leon best was on loan at yeovil a couple seasons back…i saw him about 3-4 times and i was very impressed….i admit it was only league one…but he absolutly owned some of the top defences in the league….absolutly no reports of a wild private life…just a hard worker…he can pull a goal out of no where…he has definatly got potential…as for people saying he looks like a party boy….you have no clue what hes like as a person and i feel we should get behind the lad…i personally see beckford as much more of a partier and believe he would have disrupted moral…i welcome best and think he could do a serious job for us

• DJG

Feb 2, 2010 at 5:32 PM

Why are people saying Lovenkrands is so great.

He missed an absolute sitter at the gallowgate end against Crystal Palace. I know he is left footed but there really was no excuse.

We need Carroll for is physical presence in both boxes. If Jonas is still out play Lovenkrands down the left and start with Carroll and Best to feed off Carroll.

• DJG

Feb 2, 2010 at 5:37 PM

I can’t wait to see Best play. I think we have got a real bargain, a hard working player with respect for the no.9 shirt!!!! Bit of pace, bit of power, over 6 foot, I think this lad could be very much in the mould of Sir Les.

He wouldn’t have played four times for Ireland if he was crap.