I’ll Get More Stick At Newcastle For Sure

Michael Chopra will be with the Cardiff City team tomorrow night.

Michael Chopra – Cardiff City striker

The 26-year-old was once an extremely promising youngster at Newcastle, and of course he went to Gosforth Hugh School – just like Alan Shearer.

Michael talked about the game tomorrow night:

“The reception I got at Newcastle last season was bad,”

“It was a local derby and I was playing for Sunderland. I knew when I went to Sunderland that I’d get a reception like that at Newcastle.”

“Hopefully Friday won’t be as bad but I’ll still get stick.”

“I watch Newcastle a lot. When the manager gives me time off and I go home, I’ll watch them play.”

“Obviously I take an interest in the club because it’s where I was brought up and another thing is that it’s a football game and I enjoy watching games. My mates are all Newcastle fans.”

“But if I’m one-on-one with the keeper on Friday, I’ll be sticking it in the back of the net.”

That goalkeeper tomorrow night will be Steve Harper, and this is what Steve said about Michael today:

“It’s a big night for Michael Chopra,”

“I know Dave Jones from when I was at Stockport and he’ll have them fired up.”

“But we got a fantastic result down there and we’ll be looking to do the same at home.”

“Chops was back at the ground last week to watch and he’ll be looking to score at St James’ Park against his old team.”

“It will be up to us to try to stop him. They’re a good side Cardiff and in a rich vein of form.”

For the record Michael appeared 28 times for Newcastle and scored 3 goals.

We’re not sure whether Michael will start tomorrow night for Cardiff, but it’s more than likely he will play some part.

Let’s hope he doesn’t score.

Please cast your vote vote in our new poll on the home page.

The poll is worded as follows:-    Do You Approve Of The Way Mike Ashley Is Now Running Newcastle United?

• Stevo

Feb 4, 2010 at 1:41 PM

I would have never ever signed for the Mackems……ever! Just don’t know how they can do it. But as I’m not a pro footballer I don’t have that easy choice to make.

• BECKS

Feb 4, 2010 at 1:51 PM

i hope he gets loads of stick what kind of fan is he signing for the mackems

• woodsee

Feb 4, 2010 at 3:31 PM

got a smack in the gob couple of weeks ago

• Geordiedoonsooth

Feb 4, 2010 at 3:36 PM

Why don’t you all grow up. Football is his job and if a club comes calling willing to pay a huge signing on fee & a BIG wage which will set him & his family up for life of course he’s going to sign. There’s been loads of players played for both clubs with the likes of Len Shackleton, Stan Anderson & Bobby Moncur to name but 3. I hate the mackems as much as anyone but then football is my passion not my job

• batty

Feb 4, 2010 at 3:39 PM

Geordiedoonsooth aye ya right like

• batty

Feb 4, 2010 at 3:40 PM

but then agen arrrrrr grame fenton

• Whumpie

Feb 4, 2010 at 3:53 PM

I like the way he says he’ll need to be 1-on-1 with Harps to score. Fat chance, Chops.

I hope he gets some stick, but not booing. Hate that. A bit of fun, but nothing serious or nasty.

• Whumpie

Feb 4, 2010 at 3:54 PM

I think our back four will tear him to shreds. Next to Williamson he looks like a hobbit.

• unclepauly

Feb 4, 2010 at 3:58 PM

does anyone know why our match is on a friday ??? normally its because its on sky but its not !

• Stevo

Feb 4, 2010 at 4:17 PM

Geordiedoonsooth – I’m not a money man and unlike yourself, can’t be bought. I’m sure there would have been other contracts with ‘BIG wages’ on the table. If Sunderland were the only premiership team in for him then I personally I would have preferred to drop a league than play for the great unwashed.

• jackdnufc

Feb 4, 2010 at 4:34 PM

unclepauly- the games on friday because the police wern’t happy having the Sunderland home game on the same time as ours as they’d have to spread out the “force” too much. We were moved to friday because we have a game midweek, next week, on the Tuesday so Friday was the best option for all involved. Still, rediculous it has to be on a Friday night!

HWTL

• Mr Books

Feb 4, 2010 at 4:46 PM

“I take an interest in the club because it’s where I was brought up and another thing is that it’s a football game and I enjoy watching games. My mates are all Newcastle fans.”

Sounds to me he is not a Newcastle Fan.
    Though if we are talking Die Hard Newcastle fans bringing themselves to play for the mackems, then Lee Clark springs straight to mind… Then again so does him getting the sack for wearing the SMB t-shirt – mwwaaa haa haa haa

• toon soldier

Feb 4, 2010 at 6:15 PM

“haha ye sad mackem b*******”
    so lads howz a goin??