LuaLua May Be On His Way In The Summer

Kazenga LuaLua has hinted today he is not too happy with his current situation at St. James’ Park.

Kazenga LuaLua – time to leave Newcastle?

The 19-year-old winger is now on loan at League One side Brighton for a month, and thart loan be extended if LuaLua does well.

The youngster has just not come through this season, as many had believed he would, for whatever reason.

He did have a groin injury earlier in the season, and since he’s returned, he’s not been able to get any games for Newcastle, even as a substitute.

Kazenga turned 19 in early December, and it may be time for him to assess his career, as it currently stands, at Newcastle United.

LuaLua talked to the the local Evening Chronicle today:

“I don’t really know about my future there. After this season I’ve got one more year.”I have been playing for Newcastle’s Reserves for about five years now.”

“And I don’t want to keep playing for the Reserves, so maybe in the summer it will be time for me to move. We’ll see what happens.”

“It has been disappointing at Newcastle, because at the start of the season I was playing and coming on as a sub.”

“Then, when I injured my ankle and groin, that was at a time when some of the other young players were pushing for a place, so it hasn’t been a good season for me.”

It really doesn’t look like Kazenga will be able to make a break-through any time soon at Newcastle, and it may indeed be best for both the player and the club that the youngster moves on.

Some Newcastle fans will no doubt say that the lad hasn’t been given much of a chance at the club.

However, it wouldn’t surprise us if Kazenga is on his way come the summer.

What do you think?

• Aza9

Feb 12, 2010 at 3:58 PM

I don’t know why CH hasn’t used Kazenga a lot more this season. When we were clearly lacking flair and creativity on the wings until we brought in Routledge, that would have been the chance to see what LuaLua could do, instead he fields Guthrie out of position. Poor man-management from my point of view. Scored a ton of goals at reserve level and in my opinion has earned his chance at some first team football and should probably be on the bench before the likes of Pancrate and Donaldson. Hope he stays but can see why he would want to go.

• NUFC-0809-Oh Dear

Feb 12, 2010 at 4:04 PM

I think he is just a frustrated young lad who wants to be in the first team, Chris has sent him out on loan to get some games under his belt and I wouldnt be suprised if he has someone watching him to see what he can do over a few games.

I beleive Chris rates this lad and wants to keep him but is trying to get him up to first team standard

• Toon_Fresh

Feb 12, 2010 at 4:18 PM

Does he realize that he’s 19? Playing in the reserves for 5 years and still being under 20 years old seems pretty standard if you ask me

• Geordiedoonsooth

Feb 12, 2010 at 4:53 PM

Another case of a decent yougster not getting enough chances & leaving

• psb

Feb 12, 2010 at 5:00 PM

I admit I haven’t seen LL’s perfomances in the reserves but he has had 10 substitute appearances without making any sort of impression and his contributuions to the Huddersfield and Peterborough games were negligible at best. This loan wil sort him out, for better or worse. I don’t know why everyone is so annoyed, if he comes back the better for it, we will benefit.

Would any of you pick him for the important 17 games we left ? Surely not. It’s not as if Kadar or Ranger have been loaned out, is it ? They have stepped up to the plate, LL has not.

• stevep

Feb 12, 2010 at 6:01 PM

I aint seen much of him but will be popping along to theBrighton match tomorrow to cheer him along (my son will be the one in the toon top with LuaLuas name on the back) 🙂

• psb

Feb 12, 2010 at 6:25 PM

Steve surely you will be watching our match on the telly ?

• baro

Feb 12, 2010 at 7:07 PM

Carroll
    Gutierrez Smith Nolan Guthrie Routledge
    van Aanholt Williamson Coloccini R Taylor
    Harper

NEWCASTLE

Newcastle subs (from): Krul (gk), Hall, Kadar,
    Pancrate, Ameobi, Lovenkrands, Ranger, Best.

I GOT THESE FROM THE NORTHERN ECHO.

• Rotonda heights

Feb 12, 2010 at 7:24 PM

should have used Lua instead of Pancrate
    should have used Kadar instead of Hall
    should have used Ranger instead of Best

Will Van Arnholt be going back early now because of Cole?

• Newutd

Feb 12, 2010 at 8:34 PM

Agree with you Rotonda.

• TonyGreenSupreme

Feb 12, 2010 at 8:49 PM

Kazenga has not featured much this season due to one simple fact……….He’s not good enough.

• Sav

Feb 13, 2010 at 2:48 AM

Some good sense written above. He is just gone 19, so how much foota did he expect to get. And he’s been injured. And when he has come on (10 times isn’t bad going) he hasn’t shown much. And when he’s at Brighton he either gets experience for us or else we might get a few quid for him.
    Then somebody had to go and mention Pancrate……..
    Bring Kaz back and send HIM on loan.

• Sav

Feb 13, 2010 at 2:56 AM

He’s just gone 19 and he reckons hes been stuck in the reserves for 5 year?
    Hope this is just ‘win over the Albion speak’ and that he doesn’t turn into a moaner like his brother, or he can stop in Brighton.