Kazenga LuaLua Likely To Leave Newcastle This Summer

Kazenga LuaLua has come out today and said he’d like to extend his loan spell at Brighton and Hove Albion through the end of the season.

Kazenga LuaLua – wants to stay at Brighton

It turns out the Seagulls want to complete a deal with Newcastle United before next Monday, when the lad’s current loan deal is due to expire.

LuaLua said today:

“I would be happy to stay, because I am enjoying my time here. I am happy so if they can keep me until the end of the season I’ll have no problem with that.”

“It’s up to Chris now (Newcastle manager Chris Hughton) and what he thinks. I have told my agent I would like to stay until the end of the season, because it has been good for me.”

We’d be surprised in manager Hughton stands in the way of extending the deal.

LuaLua has not come through at Newcastle like we had hoped this season, although some would say he’s not been given much of a chance.

But we have the feeling that LuaLua will be allowed to leave in the summer, as Newcastle strengthen the squad further for a Premier League upcoming season – hopefully.

We expect new players to be brought in during this summer-   full back, central midfield and wingers  at least –  which will likely push Kazenga lower down the pecking order on Tyneside.

It may be time for the lad to move on, although he’s still only 19 years old.

• Alan

Mar 3, 2010 at 12:09 PM

Be a shame to see him go, got some raving reviews from Gus Poyet. If we go up i would rather loan him out to a championship side let him get even better experience then re assess him for the premier!

• lesh

Mar 3, 2010 at 12:16 PM

Not sure about letting him go Ed. Perhaps it may be sensible to view his spell at Brighton as a development period.

The Brighton fans are waxing lyrical about his startling pace but say that he’s lacking the stamina to susatin 90mins of play. That will come over time as he plays more competitive games.

I’d like to think that he won’t leave us or if he does, the we insert hefty sell-on clauses to any deal.

• Aza9

Mar 3, 2010 at 12:23 PM

Don’t want to see this kid go. Think he should have got more of a chance this year when we were lacking creativity on the right. Scored at ton of goals for U18’s and reserves. Hope we hold onto him and loan him out next season along with Donaldson, Ferguson, Tozer, Kadar, Krul/Forster and possibly Ranger and Vuckic if they aren’t pushing for a first team place.

• BeeGuy

Mar 3, 2010 at 12:59 PM

It would be nice to keep everybody who has a chance to make the squad. LuaLua reportedly has lifestyle issues to be resolved, and maybe that is beyond anyone at NUFC to resolve. One has to wonder about the vacancy at rightwing all year with no one from the reserves or academy stepping up to grab that chance. Are these lads not ready, is CH reluctant to try someone new, or is Guthrie needed on the pitch somewhere, without pulling off the emotional leaders of Smith/Nolan? WJP

• G

Mar 3, 2010 at 1:30 PM

To be honest, I have also read some rave reviews about this guy, but I have yet to actually see anything that can convince me that he has a bright future in the toon? Yes he has blistering pace, but so did I when I was 19, but that alone does not make a footballer. I would maybe like to keep hold of him for another year and see if he can up his game to the required level, but whilst his reserve performances are commendable in the first team with limited opportunities I cannot see him exactly siezing the moment.

• Davies

Mar 3, 2010 at 1:37 PM

I think Alan’s right. On loan at a CCC club next season and see how he gets on. If he looks like he’ll start fulfilling his early promise, he’d be worth keeping.

• coxonfamily

Mar 3, 2010 at 2:14 PM

I think alot of us are forgetting the fact as much as we’d like to see him stay , the player himself seemed to talk like he doesnt want to stay on the bench anymore, If players at the age of 19 are going to take that stance maybe its best they move on. People bad mouth Carroll but he has been patient and its paying off.

• Charlietoon

Mar 3, 2010 at 8:58 PM

But Carroll got his chance to play every game as we are in the coke league. He would not have got that shot if we stayed up. Lua Lua should have been given a shot with us being down in the league and wanting to bring through younger players on cheaper wages. If he aint getting a shot in cc league he us unikely too once we get back up.. but I’d love to see what he develops into over the next year or two so loan him out if possible

• Sav

Mar 4, 2010 at 1:55 AM

What’s wrong with not wanting to sit on the bench?
    Surely its far better for a young player to be off playing at club level (albeit League 1) both for him and NUFC? The problem is usually to find a host club that will guarantee games – ie. its no use having him sit on someone else’s bench.

• Bao Zheng

Mar 4, 2010 at 2:20 AM

All clubs have a major problem getting young players across the gap from academy / reserve football to the first team. It’s a big gap and the reality is we can’t afford to lose matches while the kids learn their trade. And too many of them lose the plot if moved ahead too easily. 10 minutes at the end gets you used to being on the pitch but you are still a long way from a start. One way forward is extended loans to ‘suitable’ teams, maybe for the whole season so both clubs and player have a chance to plan. Maybe we need a feeder team- Huddersfield feeder for players and manager? Maybe even abroad would be a good option? Companies give their stars broadening assignments so should we. So LL is being tested. Will he leave, depends how he takes the opportunity.

• Doha Mag

Mar 4, 2010 at 5:22 AM

Hope we hold onto him and loan him out next season to a Championship team along with other upcoming youngers such as Ranger, Krull, Tozer, Kadar, etc if they aren’t in the first team squad….

We need to build for the future and these younsters are certainly that!

Have we brought in any more good youngsters this season, as not heard of any??