Spiderman A Super Hero On Tyneside

Well, we finally saw it – that Spiderman mask, from a super-hero at Newcastle United on Saturday afternoon.

Spiderman scores at St. James’ Park

After the game Jonas spoke to Newcastle United TV and the interview is up on the Newcastle official site for those who want to watch Jonas speaking about his mask and have signed up for the service:

“It was a beautiful goal and one I will watch many times on the TV,”   “It has been a long time since I have worn the mask.”

“I have kept it down my shorts in many games.””So now I am happy to have used it and I enjoyed it, I also think the fans enjoyed it and that is the most important thing.”

“I first wore the mask when I met a child at the cinema when I played for Real Mallorca.” “He said Spiderman was his favorite film and I promised to wear the mask if I scored, which I did soon after.”

“I don’t know if I will wear it again, though, maybe now I have to think of a new celebration.” “I don’t think I’ll be allowed to wear the whole Spiderman suit though!”

Not only was Gutierrez goal just terrific, but it also further entertained the fans (and players) on Saturday afternoon.

Almost 45,000 Newcastle fans were at the game and they will remember the second half display for many a day, witnessing great goals from Guthrie, Gutierrez and Lovenkrands.

Jonas has become a real character on Tyneside, along with his Argentine team-mate and compatriot Fabricio Coloccini, and these two South Americans have both had terrific seasons on Tyneside.

Long may it continue.

Comments very welcome.

Mar 8, 2010 at 11:54 AM

Jonas in my eyes isn’t really that good, very poor to be honest, the toon should go for someone like Andy Reid or maybe Richardson.

I also think that Andy Carroll an okay player but needs to be at a better team that Newcastle that suits his game like Stoke City

• NOVA2967

Mar 8, 2010 at 11:56 AM

Summer Signings

Scharner is a free agent who could fit in for Butt and defensive cover

David Dunn is a player who was excellent this year before his injury and can link with the forward or play on the wings

S Hunt will be sold and will give us another option on the left and has been excellent this year.

Carlton Cole should be bought in as are striker as West Ham struggle

4 Proven players who would keep us in the EPL for next year and then all we need is some more young talent added

• NOVA2967

Mar 8, 2010 at 11:59 AM

Scharner and Dunn free agents so should be brought in for free even tho over 26 because we will need experience and young talent around them

• Young_Mag

Mar 8, 2010 at 12:04 PM

I strongly disagree especially with you recommending Reid & saying Jonas isn’t good enough, but I do agree Richardson is a good player but I still think Jonas is a better player and would be good enough for the Sunderland team!

Mar 8, 2010 at 12:05 PM

Jonas wrost player ever to be seen within the football industry

Mar 8, 2010 at 12:06 PM

• Geordiedoonsooth

Mar 8, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Mackem-man you’ve been watching that shower at the stadium of sh*te for too long & being a Mackem know nowt about football and can’t even spell correctly.

• Robbanufc

Mar 8, 2010 at 1:40 PM

Mackem man, Would much rather see us getting bent, when you get relegated at the end of the season!

• Marty-Toon

Mar 8, 2010 at 3:11 PM

I agree that Dunn is a good player but smells of “Injury Prone” and his wages are prob about 50/60,000 a week so that cancels him out.

S.Hunt is class but again wages would be a big problem.

Scharner on the other hand might be a good addition

• Mr Books

Mar 8, 2010 at 4:57 PM

Actually I think MM is one of the smarter (everything’s relative of course) denizens of the SoS.
    Even wearing his red and white life filter, he still recognised that Stoke where the better team 🙂

Mar 8, 2010 at 5:41 PM

Mackem Man you’re not wrong Reid is a good player.

Maybe we’ll take him off your hands next season…..at the same time I’ll swap you my Coca Cola Championship badges off my toon top for your Premier League badges, it’ll save you a few quid for next season

• Haddock

Mar 8, 2010 at 8:19 PM

It just doesn’t sound very objective when a guy called “MACKEM-MAN” criticises Toon players.
    @MACKEM-MAN – The player, whom you think is “the worst player ever to be seen within the football industry” is an Argentine international, who just scored a cracker hitting the underside of the bar in the weekend. He has been decent this season and I’m sure he will be in the Premier League as well. The guy faced the German national team no longer than a week ago and did pretty well, for christs sake! Only recommending Sunderland-players as replacements doesn’t really make you sound more objective.

What on earth do you mean by saying that Carroll needs to play for a team that suits his style of playing better? Carroll has been brilliant lately, especially because he has been set up brilliantly by his team mates!

Mar 9, 2010 at 9:10 AM

Haha, I don’t you will be needing these Premier League Badges as I think Newcastle are rubbish and Newcastle will be the next Leeds United, Charlton and Southampton (all Premier League teams relegated year by year). So keep your Coca Cola Badges and forget your plans for next season in the Premier League !!!

A Mackem Born and Bred…

• DURhamTOON

Mar 9, 2010 at 10:43 AM

I think MACKEM MAN needs to take a look at the league tables and find himself a decent team to support… like stoke perhaps (Geordie Born and Bred) =))))