Gutierrez May Now Celebrate Goals In Normal Way – Oh No!

Bad news for Newcastle fans today, as Argentine wing-wonder Jonas Gutierrez says he may have to find a new way of celebrating scoring a goal.

Jonas Gutierrez – after scoring a goal

Not only that, but Jonas says if he cannot think of a new celebration he may just have to go back to celebrating his goals normally.

Well we’re sorry – but that’s completely unacceptable. 😀

The Toon super hero has told the Newcastle official site today he is on the look-out for new ways of celebrating when he scores:

“I think the mask was a one-time thing,” “Now I must think of something else.””Someone said I should wear the full Spiderman suit, but I think that will be a little difficult!”

“I wanted to do the celebration one time for the Newcastle fans because I know they wanted to see it.”

“But now I might just have to celebrate goals in a normal way, although as long as I score many more that won’t be a problem.”

“My friend Colo has both of his goals away and both of mine have come at St. James’ Park.”

“I know he wants to score a home goal, but I am now hoping to score away from home because I like our away fans very much – they always sing and make noise and I want a goal for them.”

“Middlesbrough would be a good time for that in a derby, yes, because I know what it means to the fans.”

“We will have to wait and see but I am hoping to get more goals between now and the end of the season.”

Both Argentine players at St. James’ Park now have two goals each this season, so maybe there’ll be a little competition between them for which one scores the most goals.

There’s also no truth in the rumor that Jonas will purposely not score until he has his new celebration all rehearsed and ready to go.

But hey – we cannot have Gutierrez not celebrating in a unique way – why doesn’t he just bring out his Spiderman mask each time – we’d love that!

We certainly don’t want him to be like any other normal player. 😀

What do you think?

• Bucks mag

Mar 11, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Hmm to cap the Spidey mask is going to be a tall order, maybe some sort of hispanic mash up with Jose and Colo?

• toonboyjake

Mar 11, 2010 at 7:24 PM

He probably is changing it so he can continue it in the premier league, as the spiderman mask is not allowed

• Toon-Army

Mar 11, 2010 at 7:36 PM

why is it not allowed in prem but allowed in the CCC’???

• toonboyjake

Mar 11, 2010 at 7:51 PM

different rules, there was an article in a paper at the beginning of the season about it, i’ll try and find it

• pearceet

Mar 11, 2010 at 8:45 PM

What is the “punishment ” for wearing a spiderman mask in the premiership?

• G

Mar 11, 2010 at 8:54 PM

Dunno pearcreet, probs a 3 match ban and a drug test? Seriously though, I don’t care how he celebrates if he scores, but given his role in the team, I would just be delighted if he could provide the ammunition.

• Bucks mag

Mar 11, 2010 at 9:08 PM

Whether or not it’s because he’s in the Championship (personally I don’t think it is) his crossing has greatly improved this season.
    His inconsistency still prevails though – his two goals this season have been amazing, but he has missed quite a few simple chances as well.
    He is definitely Premiership class – not many are faster or better at getting past people, he proved that last season – just his end product that needs a bit more work on. His ability with both feet is an asset as well – we just need to get a Spanish right back!

• petey

Mar 11, 2010 at 10:14 PM

Green goblin?

• NorCal ToonFan

Mar 11, 2010 at 10:17 PM

How about a shirt-over-the-head combined with a Klinsman-dive? I think the judges would rate that at about a 4.5 for difficulty.

Or perhaps he can hand his scoring boot to the nearest child in the stands…and then pick up an extra one from the manager on the way back…granted the equipment coach might need to have a few pairs on hand, but could be a unique and fun-for-the-fans kind of celebration.

• G

Mar 11, 2010 at 10:26 PM

MA would never allow extravagant spending like that at the club NorCal ToonFan. Boots is expensive mate!

• NorCal ToonFan

Mar 11, 2010 at 10:43 PM

Aye, G, this may be true. But if Jonas could be perhaps convinced to score with alternating feet, that may cut costs in half…not to mention 2 goals a year…it’d only be one extra pair o boots. Surely Puma/Addidas could donate a pair or two for the cause…you know…good PR and all.

Picture it now…pre-game ritual…show Jonas with sharpie signing his boots. Goal scored. Runs to the stands where me (dressed in child like clothes and visiting from the States) sits in the stands with hands out. Jonas rips off shoe and hands to me. I go ecstatic as we clinch a berth in Europa Cup and can sell the shoe on ebay for a small mint. Oh…dreams.

• xfer

Mar 12, 2010 at 1:50 AM

Would love to see him don the mask everytime he scores though.

• Charlietoon

Mar 12, 2010 at 4:43 AM

Thank Christ….

Has anyone ever wondered if maybe the reason the guy cant pass or shoot for his life is because he is running around with a mask stuffed down his shorts? Seriously!

The only other time he scored he did not have his mask in his shorts as he was protesting something ie..he forgot. what does that tell you??

I’d rather have the goals minus the Spidey celebration and although it must be said it was one of the coolest things ever, especially the way he was miming shooting web as well, it’s not worth if it affects his crossing or shooting.

• Charlietoon

Mar 12, 2010 at 4:44 AM

Now that Jonas is free balling I expect many more goals 🙂

• Thump

Mar 12, 2010 at 6:50 AM

Maybe he should wear a wig resembling colo’s hair.

Tbh I just want to see the back page in the newpapers the next day with a picture of jonas with massive Ginger curls hanging out of his kegs.

• lesh

Mar 12, 2010 at 8:55 AM

Here you go Ed. The club’s denial of the pay-cut story.

I’d have preferred to email it to you so’s you could be creative with it but I couldn’t see your address.

• lesh

Mar 12, 2010 at 9:59 AM

Here’s the Northern Echo’s take on Ashley and events at SJP.

Posted in the hope of getting some of you guys out of your pits!

Am I all alone in the world?