Carroll’s Off Day But Lovenkrands Still Red Hot

Danny Guthrie has said today that Andy Carroll is not only a good target man, but the youngster can score even when he’s having a bad day at the office.

Andy Carroll – good front man for Magpies

Danny Guthrie talked about his team-mate Andy Carroll today:

“Andy Carroll is a really good target-man, he didn’t even play that well at Boro, but he got his goal and did his job in that respect,”

“I thought Jonás (Gutiérrez) was excellent again, you can see why he is going to the World Cup.”

“He doesn’t always find it easy away from home but his  ball for our first goal was a top one.”

In fact Gutierrez’  through ball for Lovenkrands was a great one, and Peter was on it like a flash and converted like a striker in top form.

Lovenkrands has been sensational this year in front of goal, and he’s got 11 goals in the last 10 weeks – so he’s red hot this year.

We wouldn’t be at all surprised if Peter scores again tomorrow night, and surely he’s earned a place in the Denmark World Cup squad for South Africa.

Which other Dane has been so red hot in front of goal this year?

• Alan

Mar 16, 2010 at 11:32 AM

I dunno if this is true but I heard John Dahl Thomasson got called up for the Denmark squad a couple of months ago, anyone know if this is correct?

Would be funny to see him and Lovenkrands playing together.

Why not check out my NUFC Blog?

• tdt

Mar 16, 2010 at 11:40 AM

Arsenal’s Bednar’s a dane isnt he?

• lesh

Mar 16, 2010 at 11:51 AM

JDT in Denmark’s squad and yes Bednar’s there too.

Perhaps a bit too much competition for Lovenkrands?

• Alan

Mar 16, 2010 at 12:04 PM

Yeah, I wonder if the fact hes playing in the championship affects his chances at all?

• Wilad

Mar 16, 2010 at 12:29 PM

Alan

Stop advertising your blog on Ed’s blog – lacks class trying to pinch traffic….

• Alan

Mar 16, 2010 at 1:10 PM

@wilad

I am not just advertising the blog, I am contributing to discussions with a small link at the bottom of my name. If you were familiar to blogs, this is how a lot of blogs advertise.

I would never try to “pinch” ed’s traffic, I read this blog every day, probably one of my most visited websites.

• DoctorZelig

Mar 16, 2010 at 1:14 PM

Lovenkrands does have a chance for the Denmark Squad, but since Denmark plays 4-3-3 he is probably not in contention for the single striker position. That is Bendtners position if he’s fit since he can hold up the ball better because of his size and strength. Loven could however be picked as a winger.

If he scores 20+ goals then I think he will get the pick for sure but at the moment there are selveral strikers and wingers ahead of him.

• Whumpie

Mar 16, 2010 at 2:00 PM

I like the fact that Carroll has admitted he didn’t play well. I just wish his boss and team mates would stop mentioning it, but there you go.

Either way, it shows a bit more movement towards the mature attitude he’ll need if he really wants that number 9 shirt.

As for Loverboy – he can do no wrong, really. Just the quick, experienced and intelligent striker we’ve been after – and had on a free! Twice!

Reckon we’ll totally skunk Scunny tomorrow.

• peterktoon

Mar 16, 2010 at 3:04 PM

Hello to all Newcastle fans.

To every one of you who has facebook, there is a site/groupe dedicated to get Peter Lovenkrands back on the Denmark national football team and we need all the help we can get 🙂
    So please join this groupe if you have facebook: