Jose Talks About Great Goal – Will Shoot More Often Now

Near the end of the game last night Jose Enrique was buried beneath his team mates – after he scored his very first goal for the Tyneside club, and it was some goal from the Spaniard.

Jose Enrique – attacked by Gutierrez after scoring first ever goal for Magpies

Jose was set up by a neat back-heel from Shola Ameobi and he went for goal, beat one man and hit a terrific shot, with his right foot mind you, past Forest goalkeeper Lee Camp, and then went crazy after taking his shirt off.

After the game last night Jose Enrique talked to Newcastle United TV:

“I could not breathe!””It was ok at first but then Jonas put some grass in my mouth and I said ‘What are you doing?’. I had all of my team-mates on my back and I could not breathe.”

“But I don’t care because it was a celebration of my goal and it was amazing.”  “The fans ask me all of the time when I see them in the city, ‘When are you going to score?’. I always tell them ‘I hope very soon’,”

“So to score in such an important game is incredible and at home is even better – the fans went crazy and I am very happy for that.”

It was a fitting end to Newcastle’s most important game of the season, in which the lads delivered the goods, and not for the first time this season.

And Jose further reflected on his first goal for the club and said he’ll shoot more often now:

“I couldn’t believe it when I scored my goal.” “I’m happy because it’s my first goal but I’m more happy for the win because it was an important game and puts us very nearly in the Premier League.”

“At first I thought maybe I should try to cross because I had the defender in front of me.”

“But I decided to try to get by him and shoot and it was an unbelievable feeling – I will shoot more often now.”

This season is turning out to be a fairy tale, given where the club was on July 1st when pre-season training started.

It would make a great documentary, but the season is not yet finished, and there’s no way the lads should let up. The game at Peterborough on Saturday could be a tricky one, and the last thing we want is a defeat by the bottom placed side.

The goal should be 7 wins in the last 7 games, and that’s even more possible now we have a goal-scoring left back in the team. 😀

• danuneek

Mar 30, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Great player and fast becoming my favorite.

• danuneek

Mar 30, 2010 at 10:57 AM

I couldn’t understand why a lot of people were down on him when he arrived. He looked strong, quick and very good a dribbling. He needed to improve one or two areas and adjust to the english style, which he is now doing. Newcastle players are not given chance to settle down, they either do it immediately or the fans are on their backs. Well Jose is evidence that foreign players should be given more time and patience.

• Captain Beefheart

Mar 30, 2010 at 11:01 AM

Hanging onto our core quality players may prove just as tricky as buying new ones to strengthen the squad. This lad’s performances must have caught the eye, and I doubt there is a better left back anywhere in the Prem (even at Chelsea)…

• catchy in norway

Mar 30, 2010 at 11:02 AM

goose bumps all over reading it reliving it 🙂

well done my sone,, you could see it ment a lot to him,, team spirit looks amazing:):)

• catchy in norway

Mar 30, 2010 at 11:03 AM

danuneek // Mar 30, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Great player and fast becoming my favorite.

mine to,, since nobby left i iant really had one

• estechco

Mar 30, 2010 at 11:05 AM

Somewhat off topic…but did anybody else think that the reported 45900 attendance seemed suspiciously under accounted last night?

Couldn’t really see where you could have put another 6000+ fans

• Charlietoon

Mar 30, 2010 at 11:06 AM

I hope we can keep him but if he was really in demand from someone like chelsea as a replacement for cole then we should make sure we get a stack of cash and Van holdt back from them.

• Captain Beefheart

Mar 30, 2010 at 11:18 AM

danuneek, genuine patience is quality that remain typically scarce in the North East. It frequently confused with a more abundant commodity in this part of the world, that of long-suffering.

• petey

Mar 30, 2010 at 2:55 PM

Jose is amazin.

lol at jonas putting grass in his mouth, what on earth is that all about?

Class goal and i cant wait to see the celebration that guarantee’s promotion

• GeordieGerman

Mar 30, 2010 at 5:50 PM

petey, Maybe it has something to do with Jose’s nickname and Jonas being Argentinian. :-s

• Bucks mag

Mar 30, 2010 at 7:14 PM

You can see why he’s called the Bull – he’s absolutely ripped.

• NUFCELITE

Mar 31, 2010 at 4:49 AM

Think jose has turned in to a class player for us,the 6 million we paid for him looks kinda cheap now.He aint even hit his prime yet, so i think he will be big player for us, for a good few years to come.