Wayne Routledge Just Loving Life On Tyneside

Wayne Routledge is 300 miles from his home in London, but he has said today the Newcastle fans have made him feel right at home on Tyneside, and that the Newcastle City Center is buzzing right now.

Wayne Routledge – feels at home on Tyneside

Wayne also scored a great goal on Saturday, his second for the club, as he smashed home the ball with his right foot, after beating a couple of Blackpool defenders to get into a good position.

Wayne talked to the official Newcastle web – site today:

“For my goal I just stepped inside my man and managed to get half a yard for the shot. I went for the far corner and thankfully it’s flown in.”

“It was nice to get the goal because my dad was here for the first time. My mum’s been here before but they were both here today and it was good to get that goal in front of them.”

While Wayne is a long way from London, it’s now just a 3 hour journey by train from King’s Cross, London to the Central Station in Newcastle, so his parents could get there and back for an afternoon game, so it’s not that bad.

Wayne continued:

“Obviously I’m a long way from home but I feel like I’m settling in and everybody has been fantastic with me,””Even the fans around town have been brilliant and I’m loving it.”

“To then play in front of 50,000 fans at St.James’ is amazing; the whole city is buzzing right now and I’m delighted to be a part of it.”

“I never dreamed when I was at QPR four or five months ago that my season would be finishing like this.”

“Now we want to make sure we go up as champions and we’ll do that by keeping our momentum and going into every game looking to win.”

It will be an important season for Wayne next season, because he gets another chance to shine in the Premiership.

When he was younger he looked like a great young budding player, and we now have to hope he can shine again in the Premiership.

Certainly his form since January makes us think he can do just that!

• NIToon1

Apr 12, 2010 at 11:34 AM

Absolutely delighted he has settled in so well. There is no reason why he can’t take his form to the Premiership

• rossrich

Apr 12, 2010 at 11:43 AM

Have to say I have been pleasantly suprised by Routledge since Jan. CH has shown he knows what he’s doing in the transfer market as Routledge and Williamson were pulled out of the hat. I really dont think there is much work to do with the team for our first season back in the PL. A couple of good quality additions ans as long as we can keep Colo and Guti I think we’ll be fine. May even shut a few of the Anti-toon hacks down in Cockney-ville up. Keep up the good work CH.

• greekgeordie

Apr 12, 2010 at 11:59 AM

It was a pleasure to watch our wingers creating panic stations everytime they got the ball, also Carrol is developing to a versatile player by moving himself to the touch line, crossing the ball superbly and at the same time opening space for Lovergrads and Nolan to explore.
    With a bit of luck Lovengrads could have had another hatrick

• Isaac Hunt

Apr 12, 2010 at 12:24 PM

CH has turned out to be a great manager/coach. It’s his efforts that have brought about a change in fortunes. I wonder what sort of contract he’s on.

• Bucks mag

Apr 12, 2010 at 2:13 PM

When I went to see the Newcastle vs Cardiff game at SJP I went out in the town afterwards and at 2 in the morning I saw Carroll and Nolan out together, lol.

• AussieToon

Apr 12, 2010 at 2:13 PM

Have to agree with everyone, Chris Hughton has been brilliant and this signing was a great bit of business.

Wayne has been tremendous and I love a guy who attacks defenders with pace and flair. Jonas and him together will cause some problems for Premier League defenders, and With Carroll developing into a big threat I tell ya, we will cause havoc.

I am not expecting the world, safety will do, but we may shock some teams with what we have now. This is a different Newcastle United.

I can’t wait to see what signings we produce, if we can get a talented scorer, teams will have to take us seriously.

• NUFCELITE

Apr 12, 2010 at 3:32 PM

Any 1 see that bit of show boating that put Routledge on the ball in the first place love it ha ha great goal from Routledge.Maybe if i was Mr Ashley i would be offering his parents a lift to the game and back on his helicopter ha ha,especially if hes going to score when they are there ha ha.