Joey Barton Rightly Praises Newcastle’s Three Amigos

Joey Barton has come out today and paid a nice tribute to our three Spanish-speaking players – Enrique, Coloccini,and Gutierrez – the Three Amigos!

Newcastle’s terrific Three Amigos

Joey told the Evening Chronicle today

“They could have taken the easy option.” “You can get dragged down by a lot of things in this division.”

“But the lads haven’t let themselves – especially the Three Amigos. I can’t see them having to play on pitches like at Peterborough where they are from! “

“Hats off to them, they have been magnificent for us all season.”

It’s exactly true what Joey says, because it would have been much easier for each one of the three to leave for pastures anew last summer, but they stuck with Newcastle, and the fans will always remember that.

Joey of course still has a lot to prove to Newcastle fans, and we for one are hoping his ways of the past are now really over, and he will concentrate on having a great football career on Tyneside, where he seems to love it.

Joey continued:

“We have got a dressing room that is full of players who have played in the Champions League and some who have won leagues and other competitions.”

“It’s a highly talented squad. I think that we have done very well to stay focused.”

“I haven’t really had that much time on the pitch this season.” “I played five or six games at the start. I’m still acclimatising to it. I have played just one game in the middle of the park.”

“I’ve been on the left and the right, but I am happy to play anywhere.”

Joey is now fit, after missing a large part of the season with his foot injury, but he makes the most of his subs appearance, and he did get a 15 minutes run-out last Tuesday night.

And when he started at Peterborough United, he played very well, and was possibly Newcastle’s best player that day.

There’s no doubt that Joey can start repaying the faith showed in him by the club next season, where he can help us survive, and even do well next season.

• G

Apr 15, 2010 at 11:57 AM

In that picture Colo looks alarmingly like Andy O Brien in a wig!

• HamarMagpie

Apr 15, 2010 at 12:06 PM

Yes, I’m both happy and slightly surprised with the effort these three lads have put in this season. All three of them have been of our most consitent performers, and played a huge part in the promotion campaign. But why praise them and say they could have searched pasters new?? They’re contracted to the club, payed ridicilously high wages, played a part in the relegation last year, and get support from huge amount of loyal fans, so I honestly think that the effort they have put in is very satisfing but really what we should expect from profesionals. Just my opinion.

ps! Rumours tells that Colloccini earns in the region of £60-70 K a week. How much could he expect if he went to another club? I guess no more than half of that…. So loyalty can be seen in many ways.

• Ess

Apr 15, 2010 at 1:37 PM

Barton is my hero, I know when he gets older, he could learn from his mistakes from the past! 🙂

can someone show me the link where Barton got a load of abuse from a fan, so Barton went up to him and kissed him. I want to see it! :))

• rwpoynter

Apr 15, 2010 at 1:41 PM

Became a Newcastle fan in 1952 listening to the Cup Final with my Dad. I have seen many ups and downs since then, but I said last year that a year or two in the Championship would long term do no harm. Forget all the names from the past, Chris Hughton has done a great job. Stability is what counts and he has bonded this club. Mike Ashley should give him funds to supplement this team but there is a lot of quality in it anyway so it should not require a lot and in that respect MA is right, stick to under 26 year olds. You have a lot of talent in your reserve and junior ranks, so keep developing them. Keep a lid on Carroll’s excesses, he has a lot of talent but it will be of no use if he becomes another Gazza or Collymore. Reading this blog it seems most of the opinions are united in who should go and I am sure they see much more of the team than I do as I live 250 miles from Newcastle. You will need to blend youth with some experience in the Premier League, but a great team spirit is vital. At the moment it seems to be there. I see no reason ,with a few astute purchases ( and please NO expensive has beens like Owen and Kluivert) that this club I have supported for nearly 60 years cannot be great again.

• Ericles

Apr 15, 2010 at 1:44 PM

I am assuming Joey will be with us next season – as will our three Amigos. We all know that to do well in the Premier a club needs 2 teams – that is a squad of 22 all more than capable of playing in the first team. I can see these 3 plus Joey as permanent fixtures barring injuries. I include Shola in that 22 with Butt learning his trade helping with the reserves perhaps?

• costello91

Apr 15, 2010 at 2:08 PM

enrique for the spanish squad????? haha

• Ed Harrison

Apr 15, 2010 at 2:31 PM

rwpoynter – I think I agree with you 100% – that’s exactly what the club needs to do – the new Newcastle – no – make that the new sensible Newcastle. We may even be closer than we think to a decent team.

• TOON4LIFE_1

Apr 15, 2010 at 4:56 PM

Three amigos, more like the three useless overpaid homos who go on spastic runs with no end product in EPL!!!

• donjuan

Apr 15, 2010 at 5:54 PM

TOON4LIFE_1 – Nice to see a mackem with an internet connection. You must be proud.

• Cockney Magpie