Hughton Wants Team To Do The Talking For Him

Danny Simpson has talked about the Newcastle gaffer Chris Hughton today.

Chris Hughton – a quiet but professional manager

With Chris Hughton being a quiet gentleman, and deflecting any praise for this fantastic season to his players, it’s nice to see what his players say about the man.

Danny Simpson talked about the gaffer today:

“The boss deserves his moment. The lads pushed him along in front of  the away end at Reading.” “He is a quiet man, but he is very professional.”

“He has kept a steady head all through the season and has not let anything get to him or the lads.”  “All credit to him and the staff. He has done a great job and kept us going along.”

“It was tough for him and everyone at the club at the start of the season.”  “However, the boss has been strong, and that has given us the platform to achieve what we have done.”

Chris is an unlikely manager on Tyneside, but we are starting to take to the man, and once you understand he’s never going to say anything controversial during interviews (or any time for that matter), he starts to be a lot more understandable.

We are impressed with Hughton’s quiet approach and his work ethic, and he seems to be creating a team in his own image – and he wants the team to do the talking for him on the field.

That sounds good to us.

• NewcastleMole

Apr 19, 2010 at 1:07 PM

More of a coach than a manager.

• cupiddstunt

Apr 19, 2010 at 1:27 PM

And your point is?????????

Why is it some people always have to belittle things???????

I don’t care if he is the bootboy or the changing room cleaner the performance he has got from the team this season has been first class.

Jfyi the guy has manager on his job title and is being paid as a manager so I recon that just about makes him a manager does it not ? Ya tit

• G

Apr 19, 2010 at 1:55 PM

He wasn’t my first choice of manager, but all credit to CH, he made me eat my words this season, and I will echo cupid’s comments above, that the guy deserves the job, and he deffo deserves a crack at the prem, regardless of what his best qualification is.

• banana strip

Apr 19, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Howay The Lads!

• Edd Case

Apr 19, 2010 at 2:13 PM

Hughton, perhaps suprisingly, is EXACTLY what we need at this club.

We’re not going to be world beaters or even Prem beaters with Chris I don’t think (though I’m happy for him to have that chance to prove me wrong) but I am now right behind him.

He’s done a terrific job and kept the bad press away from us all season, the lads are united and the results have followed.

We aint Barcelona, so we will have to win games in a scrappy manner sometimes but winning is nicer than losing.

Well done Chris.

And I sincerely hope we are crowned Champions tonight and no one deserves it more than Chris.

• Bucks mag

Apr 19, 2010 at 4:14 PM

Nigel Adkins (Scunthorpe manager) was a physio, doubt people say about him now he’s a physio, not a manager.