Newcastle Fans Look Forward To New Strips And Training Gear

Newcastle will wear their Adidas strips for the very last time this Saturday afternoon against Ipswich Town.

The current Newcastle United strip

Next season Puma will be the strip provider, and we are looking forward to the new strips being announced by the Newcastle club over the summer.

We would expect the standard black and white striped strip, plus the away strip, and there is usually also a third strip, maybe announced after the first two.

And of course there will be new training gear for the players and coaches, and also a new set of informal and dress wear that fans can buy.

So because these strips and other gear will all be all new, we expect the sales to be booming during the summer, which should put some welcome instant cash into the Newcastle United coffers.

There’ll be more sales too,  just because the lads have done so well over the last season,  and of course gained promotion back to the big time.

There’s no date we can find when the strips will be announced, but we just cannot wait.

It’s somehow good timing that we’ll have all new gear for next season, because we’re hoping not only that the strips are new, but this will also be a new Newcastle United on the field, and we may even do quite well next season.

Howay The Lads!!

• sirjasontoon

Apr 23, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Hope the new away kit is even more yellow than the last one.

• Captain Beefheart

Apr 23, 2010 at 11:24 AM

100% agree, sirjastoon, the yellow strip has been a very positive and successful colour for us. Problem is B&W fades to recessive grey urban camouflage in the rain and players aren’t easily found in the peripheral vision, whereas the yellow stripes are dominant colours which can immediately spotted even against half empty concrete terracing. This split second is the difference between picking out a player and not, and must have helped defenders as well as attackers this season.

Cue ‘nana splits song… ‘La, la, la. La-la, la,la. La, la, la. La-la, la la (etc..)’

• ToonTex

Apr 23, 2010 at 12:30 PM

HATED the yellow strip at first, but I like it now. Love it when they incorporate the stripes.

• cupiddstunt

Apr 23, 2010 at 1:05 PM

Beefy you might have something there

• cupiddstunt

Apr 23, 2010 at 1:07 PM

Although I must admit to being an old traditionalist and could never understand how you could have a yellow magpie, but if it works then I am prepared to adapt 🙂

• Bucks mag

Apr 23, 2010 at 1:12 PM

It’ll be a shame to leave adidas, they’ve been the only kit sponsor I’ve known in my life really and they’ve made some mint kits, 95-97 especially. I like the tag of being associated with the 2nd biggest sports company in the world as well, even though puma is probably 3rd ha.

• Darling27

Apr 23, 2010 at 2:00 PM

It better not have a black puma on it!!!

• peterktoon

Apr 23, 2010 at 2:20 PM

I also hated the yellow strip at first but i must itmit that i love it so much that I had to buy one 😀

• Alan

Apr 23, 2010 at 2:31 PM

Well being a bit of a crumbly I remember NUFC’s Yellow/Green away strips with some affection. Any time they choose any sort of yellow for an away strip is fine by me.

• BobbyToon

Apr 23, 2010 at 6:53 PM

Hey lads, I’m an irish toon fanatic, been reading this blog for a few years so decided to sign up. Don’t know if these are legit or not but I saw these kits for next season and thought they looked pretty tasty 🙂

Home: http://www.footballshirtculture.com/fantasy-kit-design/fantasy-kit-design/newcastle-2011-puma-6267.html#joomimg

Away: http://www.footballshirtculture.com/fantasy-kit-design/fantasy-kit-design/newcastle-2011-puma-away-6268.html#joomimg

I actually really like the away one, reminds me of norwich a bit, but what beefy said the bright colours can help the team so its all good in my opinion. What you think of them?

• Ed Harrison

Apr 23, 2010 at 7:10 PM

BobbyToop – thanks – I put the 2 strips into an article before I OKd your first comment on the blog.

Here they are

Thanks for the scoop,

• UK-USADuke

Apr 23, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Darling27 spot on coment, either white or blue!!

lets not give those makams anything to talk about.

• Solaidback

Apr 24, 2010 at 7:39 AM

I like the home strip & would prefer the away strip to be white but as beefy says, if its yellow, its more noticable, so B&W at home, Y&G away with B&R as 3rd I say 🙂