Erik Huseklepp Agent – Move To Newcastle Would Be Perfect

There is more news in the papers today of Newcastle’s interest in 25 year-old Norwegian winger/striker Erik Huseklepp.

Erik Huseklepp – Newcastle target?

The Sunday Sun have interviewed Erik’s agent today, and there doesn’t seem to have been any official approach from Newcastle yet.

Huseklepp’s agent, Stig Lillejord, told the Sunday Sun:

“I have heard nothing from Newcastle but have had plenty of calls from people saying they are interested again in Erik,”

“Until I hear from Chris Hughton or anyone at the club, it is still just rumour. But a move to Newcastle, now they are back in the Premier League, would be perfect for Erik.”

“I have spent the last 10 days or so in France, where there is a lot of interest in him. But he would be a success in England.”

“He has great pace and can play left, right or playing behind a striker through the middle.”

Huseklepp has been watched many times by Newcastle scouts over the last twelve to eighteen months, and he would provide competition to both first team wingers Routledge and Gutierrez, and can also operate up front as a striker.

Lillejord continued:

“He is more or less a regular for Norway now and is clearly an international player,”

“He has also started the Norwegian league season very well despite Brann struggling in general.”

“And although he only signed a new contract at Brann in February, that should not be any problem if a Premier League team made an offer for him.”

“Whatever happens, I think he will be leaving this summer.”

We’re not sure what bid Newcastle will consider suitable for the Norwegian International,  but we would think they’d love to capture the player for say £2M.

We also hope that Chris Hughton will move quickly in the transfer market, and bring players in quickly this summer.

That sometimes that is not possible for various reasons, but it would be beneficial if Newcastle can get their new players in quickly to give the lads every chance to settle on Tyneside, and get used to their new new colleagues.

Next season is a vital season for Newcastle United, there’s little doubt about that, and the club must strengthen the squad this summer.

• gibbotwg

Apr 25, 2010 at 11:30 AM

i think he’d be a god utility player as it seems as he can play in a variety of different positions. From a few videos he seems like a decent player!!!

• Geordie-Gerrard7

Apr 25, 2010 at 11:35 AM

Beleive me if you like, but my freind currently works in a soccer school in France he is a massive toon fan and he has been working closesly with lille’s youth team, he was with the u12’s and was wearing shorts with his tattoo of our badge on his calf, that cabaye come up to him and was talking to him about Newcastle, the weather, the fans and more importantly house prices. He said that he has been house hunting in the toon and around aboots, as he is moving to us for 3.5- 4 million pounds. We also have a big intrest in rami or what ever he is called. Just thought Id let you all know.

As for the huseklepp story, I wouldn’t mind him, he is quite quick, could do well with abit of polishing up

• Newutd

Apr 25, 2010 at 11:39 AM

He is not good enough. Unstabil, bus has had a couple of nice goals along the years. Ofcourse Newcastle would be perfect for him… The other teams that are after him are probably mediocre teams in Ligue 1. I would be very disappointed if we went after this guy, and I’m glad there hasn’t been any approach from us. A very hyped player, and i dont know why the agents says so, but Huseklepp is NOT a regular for Norway.

• costello91

Apr 25, 2010 at 11:47 AM

ryan taylor the second

• Newutd

Apr 25, 2010 at 11:57 AM

About what GG7 said. What type of midfielder is Cabaye?

I also found this link with some quick searching, so I guess there could be something in it.

• Shot Bru

Apr 25, 2010 at 12:00 PM

That’s interesting GG7, i wonder if we are gonna cash in on one of our CD’s and bring in Rami as a replacement. Hughton seems to be looking at tall strong players to give us some much needed height strength at the back for the PL.

• Geordie-Gerrard7

Apr 25, 2010 at 12:17 PM

im not sure lads about cabaye, i havent seen him play much, i hope we do sign big strong players for next year. shot i dont really think we will cash in on any, id just imagine we wont buy one size, wich is a shame because i like him

• Bucks mag

Apr 25, 2010 at 12:43 PM

I know nothing about this Norwegian guy – never heard of him.

He could be good or bad.

• Howay The Lads

Apr 25, 2010 at 12:57 PM

Geordie-Gerrard7

If that’s true, it’s brilliant. I’ve seen Cabaye a few times and he is pretty, damn good. He’s also got the right attitude. When his team go a goal down he always tries to lift the team. So for me, he’d be a brilliant signing

• The Entertainers

Apr 25, 2010 at 1:13 PM

Trust in Houghton………

• Geordie-Gerrard7

Apr 25, 2010 at 1:34 PM

HWTL- Thats good then, from what i see he is a dm, wich could meaN smith only gets used sparingly.

• stk85

Apr 25, 2010 at 1:51 PM

we have barton smith nolan and guthrie and i hope haris vuckic will get games nextyear. i have my doubts about smith returning to his headless chicken ways in the prem so if cabaye is dm, thats a good move indeed.

as for the norwegian fella, typical agent looking for a quick buck

• baro

Apr 25, 2010 at 6:05 PM

I really hope he comes to Newcastle. Very good versatile player. He is very quick and has bunch of agility. Agressive and would be very good buy. He would be another of Hughtons bargain buys. 🙂

• baro

Apr 25, 2010 at 6:06 PM

stj85

Hey I really do too want Haris Vuckic to get games next year. And hopefully one at QPR on Sunday. That would be awesome. 🙂

• Tom Mo.

Apr 25, 2010 at 8:27 PM

o crap, one year old hahahaha

• Hoppefot

Apr 25, 2010 at 9:02 PM

I don’t rate Huseklepp that much. His club Brann won their 1st mach of the season and have been a major dissapointment in the Norwegian premiership this season. He has a bit of pace, but nothing that would ecen compare to Jonas, Routledge or Løvenkrantz. He reminds me a bit like the old Tore Andre Flo, but clumsier. I know Flo had some sort of success with Chelsea, but the PL has changed a LOT since then.. No thanks, don’t want him. I could be wrong, but I very much doubt he’ll be a star player for us. -Norwegian Toon Fan-

• Hoppefot

Apr 25, 2010 at 9:02 PM

*match

• VulpesVulpes

Apr 25, 2010 at 11:33 PM

• ouzogold

Apr 26, 2010 at 6:04 PM

From a Brann /Nufc fan point of view. It`s true that Brann has started the season with dreadfull results this year. And I think Huseklepp despite his top performance last match win, has not performed at his best this season. Due to the lack of a top goal scorer/striker at Brann they are using Huseklepp as one, wich I don`t think fits his style though he still has managed to score some goals. Huseklepp plays best as a winger where he has good pace, is quick and very hard to read due to his “clumsy” running style. From this position he is an entertainer that can serve the strikers top class passes and drive the opponent defence mad. But, the quality of the Norweigan and English premiership is very big and I cant really imagine how he would do against players like rio ferdiand, wes brown, cole etc. It would be fun to see and I hope to see him in the Newcastle shirt next season.

• robak85

Apr 27, 2010 at 10:16 AM

Huseklepp is a very good player. I live in Norway and watch the league closely. I’ve been a toon fan all my life, and I truly believe, if he is used correctly, Huseklepp would be a hit among the players and fan. Fun guy, with very good qualities. And for the chump who said he isn’t a regular for norway. Open your eyes. He’s one of our key players, even doh he made his brake through just 2 years ago. Watch out for this lad! He’ll shock you! 🙂