Mystery Of Newcastle’s New Puma Strip – Take Your Pick!

There was a very late cancelation of a Newcastle fans’ photoshoot to promote Newcastle’s new kit from new supplier Puma last Thurday.

But that hasn’t stopped some great potential Newcastle strips being shown on the Internet.

With all the great photo and graphics software available now, there have been different shirts shown on the internet for Newcastle shirts, and most of them look great. 😀

One even had Thomas Cook on the shirts,  but of course Northern Rock is still paying for that privilege – so they wouldn’t have been too happy at that.

We thought we have an exclusive a day or two ago, but after more research there were lots of other shirts out there on the internet – and as we said most of them looked great – so the hopes are now high that the new Newcastle strips are as good as some of those on the internet.

We found these through the comments section on the original article – I have no idea who Harrison is, although there’s a rumor he was a decent goalkeeper donkeys years ago. 😀

Newcastle have blamed serious logistical problems caused by the Icelandic volcanic ash cloud for the decision to cancel on Thursday.

Here’s some of the strips – take your pick:

And here’s what we thought the new official strips were a couple of days back:

• UTD111

Apr 25, 2010 at 12:17 PM

After the FCB foisted his banana strip on an unsuspecting geordie public this season – I confidently expect he’ll have us playing in pink in the Prem – with some nice ‘ickle flowers on the sleeves………:)

• Newutd

Apr 25, 2010 at 12:19 PM

Keep it simple. Hate all that extra stuff.

• welshgeordie

Apr 25, 2010 at 12:31 PM

I can’t wait to see what it looks like now! 😀 I hope it is released tommorow

• RyanH17

Apr 25, 2010 at 12:37 PM

Found another possible shirt… looks nice!

• Solaidback

Apr 25, 2010 at 2:00 PM

The new strip is normally released just in time for me to get it as a present for my Birthday, so I’m looking forward to seeing it very soon & hope that its a stunning one, as I want it to wear it next season to all the footy pubs here in Cyprus 🙂

• peterktoon

Apr 25, 2010 at 2:09 PM

• toonboyjake

Apr 25, 2010 at 3:14 PM

thats the first time ive seen the top two and ive been loking around quite a bit, really like them. even the northern rock going vertically, would be really pleased if they were the kits. shouldnt be too long now till we find out though

• baro

Apr 25, 2010 at 6:10 PM

The first 2 kits look awesome. I wish we have those. The 3rd one isnt bad either. But the first 2 look awesome. Hope we get those. Come on PUMA. 🙂

• G

Apr 25, 2010 at 7:03 PM

One thing has been obvious during the delay in the actual release, is that some of the fan tops are much better than the usual tat offered by the sports firms. For future designs I reckon the manufacturers could do a lot worse than consult the internet.

• gadger

Apr 25, 2010 at 10:14 PM

asymmetric shirts are so done now… these are all horrible, every single over the top, silly design which i have seen plastered all over the internet has been terrible!
    I hope when the shirt is eventually unveiled, it doesn’t resemble any single one of them! here’s to hoping for a nice, simplistic design… tasteful…

not like those concepts which look just terrible!

• DarthBroon

Apr 25, 2010 at 10:35 PM

They all look pretty damned good to me.

Except for the Norwich City strip that seems to have crept in 😉

The top one’s probably the best but NR would surely want their name to be more prominent, and that would spoil the look a bit.

The Thomas Cook thing is a bit baffling, and probably a bit of a cheek from NR’s point of view.

• baro

Apr 25, 2010 at 10:46 PM

So when are they revealing the new kits. The official ones, when are they going to come out?

• G

Apr 25, 2010 at 11:56 PM

How long is a piece of string baro?

• G

Apr 25, 2010 at 11:58 PM

Ha ha, only just noticed the self serving bit on the post Ed… Harrison number 9 indeed. More chance of the Robledo brothers making a comeback whilst promoting a brand new Jimmy Hendrix tour! lol

• stk85

Apr 26, 2010 at 2:51 AM

only last two look any good. hope we dont have too many pumas on the top.

the spurs design with the two shoulder stripes woould be a cop out but something like the czech rep design in b&w would be nice.

• BobbyToon

Apr 26, 2010 at 4:52 AM

Hey ed, didnt mean to get ya too excited about those kits the other day, I wasnt sure how long they had been out and was pretty sure they were not legit but I just though id throw them your way anyway. Out of all of the ones so far I still think they are the pick of the bunch though. The lads could wear illuminous pink all season long next year and I wouldnt care less as long as we finished 17th or higher 🙂 🙂

• Ali_star68

Apr 26, 2010 at 1:03 PM

I love the last shirt, the yellow and green takes me back to last time we got promoted. Also, if Brazil win the World Cup, a rendition of ‘It’s Just Like Watching Brazil’ as we win at the Stadium of Light would make my season.

• StuW

Apr 26, 2010 at 9:36 PM

These kits have been made on Adobe Photoshop for Football Manager 2010. I have the templates and designs to make them – here are mine
    and